Author Topic: Zenith isn't HOT in Malaysia  (Read 25118 times)

Offline Cocas

Re: Zenith isn't HOT in Malaysia
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2017, 02:43:07 PM »
A direct side by side comparison with Seiko on wrist.

Zenith Annual Calendar is really big but its look really "tame"

Offline netnoob77

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2017, 07:57:31 PM »
Breaking News: Aldo Magada, CEO Zenith has resigned. Jean-Claude Biver will interim take over the entire managemen… ift.tt/2j42Ea6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good lar.. the brand wasn't going anywhere with Aldo. With their previous CEO, Jean-Frédéric Dufour, the brand was experiencing a renaissance, but after he was pinched by Rolex, nothing really exciting has been introduced by the brand.

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2017, 02:30:24 PM »
Biver ll show his magic in Zenith like how he did to hublot

Offline lowcheetoong

• Freshie
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2017, 12:28:22 PM »
Perhaps lack of marketing and AD in Malaysia is one of the issue why this brand is not so hot in Malaysia. I own a zenith elite for many years ago and it's not easy to find the original straps

Offline seale_navy

• Freshie
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2017, 03:16:43 PM »
I think those ppl who buys zenith knows what they are buying and they share the same passion behind the brand and the movement. For me I would buy the zenith over any rolex hahaha. Maybe the submariner i will give it an exception, not because of the rolex branding but the design of the watch.

The zenith i would go for the is the tri-colour dial zenith el primero 38mm

Offline EvolutionZ

• Freshie
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2017, 10:37:03 AM »
Zenith build quality and design somehow still appealing after years. I have a defy classic open and it still get attention whenever I'm wearing it

Offline Olkuu0205

• GLORIOUS TIMEPIECE GTC 8 STUDIO (JR0140366-M)
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2017, 10:50:03 PM »
Zenith watch is very good quality and reliable movement. Branding level is same as those omega, Rolex, chopard, Corum, Iwc, Panerai, Cartier... is one of the biggest with rich history watch making company in the world located in LeLocle. Cartier also based in lelocle... pp and Rolex also using their movement before... I would defenitely support zenith. My friend own one of the port royal manual winding dress watch Similar like JLC/pp dress watch.  :thumbsup:
A GENUINE WATCH COLLECTOR

Offline Ray55

• Freshie
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2017, 04:22:42 PM »
Depend on which hot you refer to, to me their resale value is quite low if compare to some other brand from the same price range  :Cheers:
RRAYY

Offline lshinxl

• Freshie
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2017, 09:43:07 PM »
Zenith aren't as hot in Singapore either, sadly. I, personally, love some of their models like the pilot series and the El Primero (sick movement btw).

Just to name a few of my fav - Bronze Pilot Extra Special, Pilot Cafe Racer, Chronomaster open, Port Royal, and their Elite!

Offline berdsc

• Freshie
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2017, 12:13:19 PM »
Zenith not as hot as Malaysia weather.
But it still a great watch to have maybe hong konger or Chinese no demand that's why it is still cold.

Offline Nickmax

« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2017, 12:23:41 PM »
I went through Zenith official website and realize there are many models discontinued like the Zenith Pilot Big date, the ultra thin series, Elite with power reserve and etc. All of those are really nice watches

Offline Zaini

• Freshie
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2023, 07:56:00 AM »
I usually see them hovering low 5 figures in Carousell. I think it's a good thing they are not that "hot" so to speak. More for us!

Offline Kevin33

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2023, 07:51:14 PM »
How about the new generation Zenith. All the new Defy skeletons looks yummy and quick strap change right 😄

Offline dpkong

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2023, 06:41:37 PM »
Somehow I find Zenith design often fail in some aspect. Rarely can they ever get everything right except maybe for the Chronomaster Sport. Every other model has some setback. I own the A384 and find the pin buckle annoying when they could have included a deployant clasp. But easy to get 3rd party straps and clasp. The size is a bit small when they could have enlarge it a little. And only after buying one did I realise the movement did not hack. I still love it though but it is a little small and remains a part of the "nice to see" collection.

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2023, 04:24:20 PM »
Somehow I find Zenith design often fail in some aspect. Rarely can they ever get everything right except maybe for the Chronomaster Sport. Every other model has some setback. I own the A384 and find the pin buckle annoying when they could have included a deployant clasp. But easy to get 3rd party straps and clasp. The size is a bit small when they could have enlarge it a little. And only after buying one did I realise the movement did not hack. I still love it though but it is a little small and remains a part of the "nice to see" collection.

That's a fair point. Even with the Chronomaster Sport, there were gripes about the clasp assembly not being as well built as the rest of the watch, which rather detracts from an otherwise awesome piece of tech.

Offline dremon69

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2023, 07:24:41 PM »
Even in EU Zenith is not ‘hot’ , nice movements but somehow feels overpriced for the feeling of wearing one :)

Offline leonstan

« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2023, 01:51:49 PM »
many malaysian buy watches to sell them, so hottest is Rolex i think

Offline Henry T

« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2023, 09:27:43 AM »
I had a Zenith Rainbow Diver (mustard dial) which I sold a few years ago.

If I really want to buy another Zenith it'll be the El Primero.

or the A384

Offline Henry T

« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2023, 11:03:23 AM »
This is the one I sold a few years ago. A very rare variant.  >>

Offline Henry T

« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2023, 11:05:15 AM »
Wrist shot >>

Offline shanky0

• Freshie
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2023, 06:37:26 PM »
Any idea how much discount do ADs give for zenith models, just a range estimate would be fine. I often see them in carousell at a deep discount compared to retail price but not sure whether its a good deal.

Offline hoho1111

• Freshie
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2023, 06:52:54 PM »
I personally think that Zenith itself is pretty underrated all over the world. I personally like their el primero a384 but the tinny ladder bracelet is a bit of a turn off

Offline dpkong

« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2023, 06:57:39 PM »
I personally think that Zenith itself is pretty underrated all over the world. I personally like their el primero a384 but the tinny ladder bracelet is a bit of a turn off

The dial is beautiful, the open case back showing the movement is nice. Love that it is a 1969-2019 piece, 50th anniversary piece. Very nice. But it is a bit small.. the movement doesn't hack.. and the chrono hand "jumps" when activated.

Yet I have one so that says a lot.

Now thinking about the Chronomaster Sport but looking for a killer deal...

Offline c4all

« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2023, 06:37:07 AM »
Visually, I find the tricolor Zenith to be stunning. Always wondered about the cost and frequency of servicing required for the hi-beat movement.

Offline Vicc8433

• Freshie
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2023, 03:48:12 PM »
Still love the brand despite it’s not “hot”. Appreciate the history of Zenith haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk