Author Topic: I once lost my mind ...  (Read 40413 times)

Offline Manburg

Re: I once lost my mind ...
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2010, 03:15:59 PM »
Anyway, just an update. I made my first visit to the Omega boutique in Pavilion today to have one of my Omegas examined. On being handed over the completed Order Form, I saw that in the Model No. space, the lady wrote the name of the model instead, and in the Bracelet Reference space, she wrote the model no. ??? That just shows how clueless some of these people are. :Confused: 
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline Broleo

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2010, 07:03:56 PM »
what happen and which watch went in? ???

or psstt.. are you getting any new ones?;D

Offline Manburg

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2010, 08:42:20 PM »

No la bro!! :laugh: If you read this thread carefully from the beginning, you'd understand that it's pretty much clear that I've now recovered from the disease. :Praying:
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2010, 10:59:06 AM »

No la bro!! :laugh: If you read this thread carefully from the beginning, you'd understand that it's pretty much clear that I've now recovered from the disease. :Praying:

Sure or not????

Offline Manburg

« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2010, 12:21:15 PM »

Sure or not????

Ha ha ha :D

I'm still on the wagon, I'd say ;) (of course with a big caveat that any purchase of non-Swiss pieces, (such as Seikos, brand new or otherwise) does not fall into this category) :laugh:

Offline daleyusof

« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2010, 06:38:17 AM »
Damn.....i've been planning to get an Omega for 2 years and you got 3 in a space of 1 month!! Any regrets so far?

Offline Manburg

« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2010, 07:02:06 AM »
Damn.....i've been planning to get an Omega for 2 years and you got 3 in a space of 1 month!! Any regrets so far?

Correction - not 3, but 4! :HammerHead:

Regrets? ???

"Regrets I've had a few
But then again too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption"

Sing it to the tune of Sinatra's My Way. :laugh:

Offline kaka23

« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2010, 07:37:35 PM »
Being new to the forum, I've never started a post regarding my watches in the gallery. And seeing that this has never been done before, I now take the liberty to do so, which is putting the modest collection (if it can actually be called "collection") of my Omegas here. The story goes as this. Some time back in August, I took the decision to start owning an Omega (note the word "an"). Then, after choosing the model that I wanted to buy from the Omega website, but without having the benefit of learning from the wisdom of the Omega WIS community in any of the fora, I headed to the nearest AD and straight away bought my first Omega (the cheapest Speedmaster available), which is as shown below:

It's a Speedmaster Date 3211.31.00. Below are some more photos:

Without its steel leg:

Can you see the red dot there?

With new leg. But the problem is the lug width is 19mm. So it's the case of neither here nor there. This is with a 18mm NATO:

Whereas this is with a 20mm NATO:

Thus, after getting my first Omega, I thought it was wise of me to start 'berjinak-jinak' with a WIS forum, in particular its Omega forum. It turned out to be A VERY BIG MISTAKE!!!  :Mad:

To be continued ...

Bro... you still remember what is the retail price for your Speedy and Speedy PRO?

Offline Manburg

« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2010, 11:13:35 AM »
FYI, I got all 4 of my Omegas when I was in the UK. So do you still want to know the RP?

Offline kaka23

« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2010, 03:03:45 PM »
Opps... prefer Malaysia RP if possible. Haha...

Offline Manburg

« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2010, 04:47:46 PM »
Opps... prefer Malaysia RP if possible. Haha...

That's not a problem at all. The RP at the boutiques are as follows:

Speedmaster Professional - RM12K+ (can't recall the exact figure)
Speedmaster Date - RM10K.

You can drop by any AD selling Omegas, and I doubt the RPs are any different.

Offline kaka23

« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2010, 05:19:29 PM »
Thanks! I actually know roughly the Seamaster RP. But for Speedmaster, there are too many versions/variety.. Would want to know the cheapest range, see if they are within my budget. :P

Offline Manburg

« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2010, 07:07:20 AM »
What is of uppermost importance is to know the model number. Speedmaster Professional (or more affectionately known as the "Moonwatch") numbers 3570.50.00. Do not be confused with another version of it, known as Sapphire Sandwich, which numbers 3573.50.00.

Offline kaka23

« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2010, 10:36:14 AM »
Thanks! But I believe there are still many more variety of Speedmaster.. too canfuse.. haha

Anyway.. thanks!

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2010, 07:53:03 PM »
Thanks! I actually know roughly the Seamaster RP. But for Speedmaster, there are too many versions/variety.. Would want to know the cheapest range, see if they are within my budget. :P

I suspect that would be the Speedmaster reduced.

Offline Cloud7

« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2010, 08:29:14 PM »
What is of uppermost importance is to know the model number. Speedmaster Professional (or more affectionately known as the "Moonwatch") numbers 3570.50.00. Do not be confused with another version of it, known as Sapphire Sandwich, which numbers 3573.50.00.

I like this one!

Offline nayo

« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2011, 05:58:15 PM »
Manburg, noting that you bought your Omegas from Uk, did you get any VAT back? Or was it duty free?
Me thought prices in M'sia pretty good except for high end stuff. Discounts off RRP normally offered with few exceptions.

Offline pexus

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2011, 10:40:42 AM »
when u said you spent hours in front of Omega forums, were you poisoned by those deadly topics like `Show me your Omegas'? i recalled one fella was showing off his seriously superb picture of POs....very dangerous site to visit...
'

`Learning to appreciate my watch as a tool, and not some fancy branded jewelry'

Offline Manburg

« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2011, 11:50:53 AM »
Manburg, noting that you bought your Omegas from Uk, did you get any VAT back? Or was it duty free?
Me thought prices in M'sia pretty good except for high end stuff. Discounts off RRP normally offered with few exceptions.

In order to claim your VAT, one of the conditions is that the item must be brought out of UK within 3 months after the date of purchase. Since I bought all of them in August/September and left UK in September, I was entitled to claim all - they amounted to about 12% to 15% of the purchase price. When those percentages are added to the discounts that I got from the AD, the prices were cheaper than here, even after discounts, if any.

Offline Manburg

« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2011, 12:11:13 PM »
when u said you spent hours in front of Omega forums, were you poisoned by those deadly topics like `Show me your Omegas'? i recalled one fella was showing off his seriously superb picture of POs....very dangerous site to visit...
'

I was stuck in front of the WUS Omega forum plus other sites on anything Omega. Yes, those are very vicious and poisonous places to visit. It's like Hotel California - "You can check out any time you like but you can never leave."

Offline Broleo

« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2011, 07:22:27 PM »
Hmm, Manburg trying to turn into Eagles. ;D

I was stuck in front of the WUS Omega forum plus other sites on anything Omega. Yes, those are very vicious and poisonous places to visit. It's like Hotel California - "You can check out any time you like but you can never leave."