Author Topic: The art of lowballing  (Read 8417 times)

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
Re: The art of lowballing
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2016, 09:26:06 AM »
I actually was pissed off for like a few hours and forgot about em. I used to view their website daily cause I'm always in the look out, but not anymore. When I don't like someone I don't even want to see their shadow. All the best to them though.  :P
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2016, 09:36:00 AM »
Everyone wants to buy low and sell high. That's how your shop in question would make the profit to cover the overheads and other expenses. If they pissed you off, just crossed them off your list and move on. Though I do appreciate your sharing here as it would enable the rest of us to avoid flipping to them, at the cost of suffering similar heartaches that you had.

On another note, even forummers do that sometimes. I've flipped some pieces, and I have had offers as low as 50% of the asking price. I'd normally reject them in a diplomatic manner, but some of them would come back with the reasons that I should sell at the low prices they offered. And subsequently after I closed the thread when the watch in question was flipped, some of them had the cheek to WhatsApp me to whine that I should have notified them before closing the sale as they could then up their offers. So, just take all these lowball characters with a smile and a pinch of salt, Adam.
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2016, 09:43:23 AM »
example:

asking 30,000

low ball offer 20,000

negotiate win win 25,000

still low ball to 19,000

suddenly close deal to some better offer buyer at 2X,000

then low ball ask how much you sell

answer sold at 15,000

low ball ask why???

answer i don't like you if you offer win win 25,000 was actually thinking to sell you at 15,000 since you so nice but too late bro

Offline D'Andy

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2016, 09:51:11 AM »
example:

asking 30,000

low ball offer 20,000

negotiate win win 25,000

still low ball to 19,000

suddenly close deal to some better offer buyer at 2X,000

then low ball ask how much you sell

answer sold at 15,000

low ball ask why???

answer i don't like you if you offer win win 25,000 was actually thinking to sell you at 15,000 since you so nice but too late bro

I could try that next time  ;D
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2016, 09:55:41 AM »
Appreciate the advice. In all honesty, I was only pissed for awhile. Right now when I think back, yeah, you know, everyone wants to make money. Good for them if they can feed off of information asymmetry. They won't make money off of me though  :laugh:

On to the next hunt!
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1

Offline D'Andy

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2016, 09:59:12 AM »
Appreciate the advice. In all honesty, I was only pissed for awhile. Right now when I think back, yeah, you know, everyone wants to make money. Good for them if they can feed off of information asymmetry. They won't make money off of me though  :laugh:

On to the next hunt!

That's the spirit and we're all waiting with bated breath for the next horological piece that you're going to surprise us with!  :thumbsup:

Offline andrewhtf

• Freshie
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2016, 10:07:05 AM »
On another note, even forummers do that sometimes. I've flipped some pieces, and I have had offers as low as 50% of the asking price. I'd normally reject them in a diplomatic manner, but some of them would come back with the reasons that I should sell at the low prices they offered. And subsequently after I closed the thread when the watch in question was flipped, some of them had the cheek to WhatsApp me to whine that I should have notified them before closing the sale as they could then up their offers. So, just take all these lowball characters with a smile and a pinch of salt, Adam.

wow they're so retarded.

if me, i would make an offer (the first offer is usually i want to get the best deal for myself), if rejected i will revise and offer again (the max i am willing to pay).

if meet, then deal on. if still get rejected then i would forget about acquiring it and move on to other targets. same goes if seller countered but is higher than my max target. no point haggling some more when seller already gave their lowest price.

Offline theseira

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2016, 08:16:11 AM »

On to the next hunt!

Almost all watch dealers will offer a low ball amount.

Back when I was selling my rose gold Daytona, I got offered low amounts also. I just advertised in one of Singapore watch forum and sold it myself for 33k SGD, met the buyer at rolex service center, buyer got the watch authenticated and paid once verified it was genuine. The offer I got from the shops was around 27k SGD.

The main point here is resellers/watch dealers out there to make money. Normally they will offer low, very hard to earn back your money or recover if you sell to them. Also from my experience and my friends experience, Rolex and Patek sports models very easy to sell in Singapore, and if bought well normally you wont lose money or you could even profit.