Author Topic: Help - Rubber band spare part for watch winder  (Read 6443 times)

Offline Caseywai

Help - Rubber band spare part for watch winder
« on: August 01, 2016, 07:54:37 AM »
Hi everyone,

I bought a watch winder from Bangkok about 2 years ago which uses a mabuchi motor for winding. The motor is belt driven by a black rubber band and recently they have been snapping and I'm left with a winder that doesn't wind.

Does anyone know where I can buy the rubber band spare part for this type of winder in KL/PJ?

Thanks for the help. Hope the sifus know what I'm talking about else I can always attach pics for reference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
Re: Help - Rubber band spare part for watch winder
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 04:19:30 PM »
Hi everyone,

I bought a watch winder from Bangkok about 2 years ago which uses a mabuchi motor for winding. The motor is belt driven by a black rubber band and recently they have been snapping and I'm left with a winder that doesn't wind.

Does anyone know where I can buy the rubber band spare part for this type of winder in KL/PJ?

Thanks for the help. Hope the sifus know what I'm talking about else I can always attach pics for reference.

Sorry for reviving this old thread but I also got the same problem (my winder is the Beco Technic brand). A quick hack is to use the thick white 'postman' rubber band. not elegant but since it covered by the casing, no one would notice anyway.
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline Cocas

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 05:02:25 PM »
Hi everyone,

Sorry for reviving this old thread but I also got the same problem (my winder is the Beco Technic brand). A quick hack is to use the thick white 'postman' rubber band. not elegant but since it covered by the casing, no one would notice anyway.

Hardware shops do have the industrial use rubber band but not too sure the size fits or not. You may want to try your luck there.

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 06:27:34 PM »
Bring in the old rubber drive belt to hardware shops or industrial motor shops. They can measure it for you and get you a suitable one.

AFAIK, normal rubber drive belts are rather cheap.
Seiko fan.....

Offline Caseywai

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 09:41:44 AM »
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the tip... uh what is the thick white postman rubber band? Where to find?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Caseywai

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 09:42:31 AM »
Bring in the old rubber drive belt to hardware shops or industrial motor shops. They can measure it for you and get you a suitable one.

AFAIK, normal rubber drive belts are rather cheap.

Any recommendations on shops in KL/PJ area I can try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Caseywai

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2016, 03:27:28 PM »
Eventually found some bands that works from some old electrical store somewhere in Shah Alam. Seems to work well so far... thanks anyways