Author Topic: Exodus from Maxis to DIGI_A Personal Experience  (Read 4625 times)

Offline koyote73

• Freshie
Exodus from Maxis to DIGI_A Personal Experience
« on: April 08, 2016, 06:10:32 PM »
Hi all! You guys must have read the news in the Star today "Maxis responds to social media furor with better plans"

I have been a loyal Maxis customer/minion for 16 years and my wife, for 15years. Until yesterday that is! We went to the Maxis center in Alamanda and had a chat with their CS. I asked them why in spite of our continual support and fidelity we still had to pay $128 for 3GB of data and calls being charged. I told them point blank that i was thinking of leaving and asked them what they could offer. Instead of offering any perks whatsoever, I got offered another 'better' plan by paying a mthly commitment of $158 for more data!! The gall of those fellas. Face blunted and not open to further discussion. After consulting with Digi CS, we both decided there and then to port out from Maxis and join Digi. Today when the Digi services was activated, using the 4G Digi network, I clocked a download speed of close to 40Mbps using Ookla Speedtest! Whatever it is, i'm saving $150 per month for the the same amount of data and unlimited calls to all number..Go figure!

Offline dpkong

Re: Exodus from Maxis to DIGI_A Personal Experience
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 07:41:55 PM »
So what's the cheese?

I started with Celcom when it was ART900 back in 1994. Even used their satellite call services when it was available. Same number till now and only ported to Maxis in 2010 when Celcom was at their heights. High enough not to care about customer's issues. Widest cell and 3G coverage. Had issues with them that CS could not resolve to the point I just decided to move out.

Telcos have different phone plans for different customers. Sometimes they change their plans but you are still on the old one. Maybe it's better for you, maybe it's not. Should they automatically change it for you? Contractually they cannot.

So they offer a special package for East Malaysia. Same plan, same price but more data. You want it too but you're not from East Malaysia so you go make a fuss and threaten to leave. Adolescent indeed.

Soon, everyone on Digi and Celcom will be complaining about slow speeds etc etc and threaten to port back to Maxis.. hahahaha. Don't we have anything better to do than fret over an extra RM30 per month?

In the old days, Celcom was for the loyalist, Digi was for the kids and yuppies, Maxis was for the business oriented. Beware the fine print.

And I don't work for Maxis. Just needed to point out how childish this all seems.

Offline koyote73

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 06:35:13 AM »
Hi DP Kong.

Yeah, I agree with you that different Telco's have different strengths and weaknesses. It's up to the customer which company one is most likely to benefit from according to their individual needs. However, having cycled through ALL the telcos data plans, I must say when it comes to Malaysians, it would seem that we're between the devil and the deep blue sea! There were dropped calls with Maxis, i'm pretty sure the situation will be the same for Digi.

Offline toypoodle

• In God We Trust
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 09:42:46 AM »
Agree with Kong, these telcos are just like banks, ....... you get stuffed to death if you are loyal to them. We change our bankers & telcos every now & then, as loyalty don't pay, regardless in MY or abroad.

Offline farhanbh100

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 05:10:43 PM »
out of the biru received sms from maxis saying something like they will advise new better package. in the meantime free upgrade from 1gb to 3gb data..

whoever has been bisinging bout maxis on fb i must thank them.

bout time bizs in msia at least comes close to international biz ethics.

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 07:17:59 AM »
from Celcom to Maxis to DiGi

Offline dpkong

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 07:48:28 AM »

To most service providers in Malaysia, customer loyalty is not considered a virtue on the company level. There are times on a person to person level they do have surprise freebies for a long time customer but it's not standard company policy.

It's about time more Malaysians learn to value loyalty. In other countries, telcos give out free vouchers and even specially priced handsets for long term customers. No harm saying that the longer you stay with us or the more you pay monthly gives more returns. That would shut up the person who started this whole fiasco in the first place.

But for the longest time I have seen all telcos here having aggressive call plans but "only for new sign-up or port-in customers" meaning they're only interested to increase subscriber base numbers and not to maintain those who are already a customer.

A fine wake up call for everyone who depends on customers in Malaysia, even if the person who started all this never really had a leg to stand on in the first place.