Author Topic: Hello fellow watch lovers!  (Read 2193 times)

Offline [email protected]

Hello fellow watch lovers!
« on: March 26, 2016, 08:18:51 AM »
Hi there everyone!

I feel kinda odd joining a forum which has been so long in existence given that my love for horology harks back 20 years ago as a student in India where we 'accidentally' found out a novelty junk shop/flea market albeit permanent. This two man shop in some busy congested city alley had so many marvels of pre-vintage and vintage era. Despite their relatively young age (around late 20's), they seem to have a lot of knowledge and proceeded to 'educate' us that there was a whole world of watches out there beyond our shallow knowledge of Tag Heuer, Rolex and Omegas. They showed us GP's, GG's  and Reversos. Remarkable indeed! Of course being students, we had to save every last cent just to be able to afford some really old but running watches.

Fast forward 20 years on. All the collected watches had been traded in or sold outright. In this 20yrs,i cycled through 1 Tag Heuer, 1 Omega Speedmaster, 1 Victorinox and finally in 2010 a Baume et Mercier Riviera. The Victorinox has been my daily workhorse for 10 years before i started having that itch again but with limited finances, finally settled for an Orient JDMcos the model wasn't carried here.

Looking forward from learning from all your love affairs and marriages to all the wonderful mechanical or otherwise.
Cheerio!