Author Topic: Poison  (Read 3176 times)

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
Poison
« on: March 12, 2016, 08:36:31 AM »
I think I've been bitten by the watch poison. Started off with a Rolex Explorer ii, sold it off immediately and have bought a Reverso Rouge. I told myself, this is it. The hard to find watch. Beautiful red lacquer. Red is also an important color for me. So it all fits into place. I can stop my search for watches right? Right?

Wrong. Now looking to sell the Reverso Rouge, my 'grail', for a new grail which is now a Lange Saxonia or 1815

Anyone have an antidote for this poison? How long have u guys been in the watch 'game'?
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1

Offline Peixian

Re: Poison
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 09:03:13 AM »
I am often in the watch 'game.I have fell in love with the watch deeply.

Offline Timeless

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 09:09:17 AM »
There is quite a number WIS having this poison deeply, need to buy watch every once awhile. Common phenomenon I guess

Offline roystock

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 10:53:09 AM »
Rolex -> Rouge -> ALS, your poison escalate pretty fast  ;D
I have yet to find an antidote. But I have at least found a way to ease the inch by curbing my budget, force myself to think hard about price / marketability of a particular watch, just in case I changed my mind.

I love your Rouge by the way  :thumbsup:

Offline kopykopy

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 11:00:19 AM »
This. Poison. Does. Not. Have. An. Antidote.   Last year I bought several G-shocks. Itch not scratched then I bought several Rolexes.  I told myself no more watches for several years.  Now after 4 months I am looking at 2 more Rolex models!  God help me if this Baselworld comes with a SS Daytona Ceramic!  Even the never ever before considered JLC Reverso, PP Nautilus, PP Aquanaut and AP Royal Oak, I find myself walking into their boutiques to have a look.  :Startled:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 11:03:49 AM by kopykopy »

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 12:45:40 PM »
God help me if this Baselworld comes with a SS Daytona Ceramic!

I feel you brothah!!

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 01:51:27 PM »
Haha guess I'm not the only one. Roystock, the Reverso Rouge is definitely better looking in person. If you want to meet up just to see it with no pressure to buy let me know.

Anyways, I'm just afraid that after I get the Lange I'll be hunting for those Calatravas afterwards. And who knows, I love chronos too. This is a dangerous path
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 06:53:59 PM »
Your wallet will let you know. If money is not an issue, you continue buying and/or upgrading until you have a collection of very high end pieces. I have been in this for 7 years and have only started slowing down recently.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline Jedirat

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 08:14:01 AM »
The beautiful piece of mechanical Art is really a poison to me. Have acquired 4 pieces in a roll within 3 months before last GST implementation and subsequently acquired few pieces post GST. Now slow down since the bullets have finished and in the midst of accumulating second rounds of fund...shh....

Offline Devilzzz44

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 08:42:09 AM »
Well i guess thats thats the reason why we're all in this FORUM....lol! I'm still looking for that antidote to cure this but sadly nothing can do much...lol! :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline alexkemaris

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 04:28:41 PM »
This poison has no cure!
I've gone from Pelagos to Rolex date sub and now in search of a Zenith El Primero 1969 and Rolex BLNR