Author Topic: Seiko spirit scvs003  (Read 6684 times)

Offline ckng515

• Merchants
    • WISparadise
Seiko spirit scvs003
« on: April 20, 2009, 06:05:01 PM »
I was "poisoned" by this watch in a Hong Kong watch forum 2 years ago.I know i must bring it home one day.
It's also known as Baby Grand Seiko which looks like a GS SBGR023.
Got it in Japan with a very good price... :D
My first Japan domestic Market Seiko.
This JDM Seiko Spirit comes with an in house automatic movement 6R15 with hack function and can be manually winded.The movement of this watch is of 6R15B(2007 onwards),6R15B uses 6 different parts compared to the 6R15A. The 6 parts are all from the new 6R20 movement used in the Premier range. The reason why Seiko did this is to mainstream the parts for the production of both watches.There is no quality difference between the two movements, this is merely a cost cutting exercise.Officially,its accuracy runs between +25s to -15s per day.In real,it gains 5s per day,if comparing with the internet server time which i measured 2 years ago.
It comes with a solid bracelet but i have change it to a black calf strap with Seiko folding buckle.

I don't have a GS to compare,can only compare with a Rolex 6694. :D

the reliable 6R15 caliber.

comparison with a GS SBGR023.
                                                    this pic borrowed from the internet
For More Updates please visit my online store at:
https://www.facebook.com/wisparadise

Offline danny

• Administrator
Re: Seiko spirit scvs003
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 08:56:52 AM »
Hi CK,
Great looking watch with a cool in house movement. Congrats.
Try sourcing for a similar Swiss offering and you would have to fork out multiples of what you paid.
 :Cheers:

Offline Leftear

Re: Seiko spirit scvs003
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 10:29:09 AM »
Congrats !
Though I have to admit that personally I am not a very big fan of seiko, I solute the Japs of producing 1 of the most robust and accurate movement in the world  :Cheers:
However, I do admire your rolex 6694  :thumbsup: