Author Topic: Grand Seiko SBGM029 GMT Limited Edition  (Read 3873 times)

Offline BoscoKu

Grand Seiko SBGM029 GMT Limited Edition
« on: September 15, 2015, 10:16:48 PM »
The year 2012 commemorates the 10th Anniversary of the 1st Grand Seiko to posses a fourth hand, displaying GMT time.  To honor this achievement, Seiko has released 2 GMT Limited Editions and this is one of them, the SBGM029 GMT is to honour the regular production SBGM001.  The dial is a gorgeous deep blue with gold GMT hand, boasting the official Grand Seiko colors.  This is the 1st time a Grand Seiko mechanical GMT has ever been exhibited with a blue dial.  The blue dial is incredibly executed, with a pretty vast range of hue.  In bright lit settings, the dial is obviously a rich royal blue.  Take it to a slightly darker room and it deepens to a navy blue.  In a fairly dark setting, the dial looks black.  The nice part of the dial, is that one can get the range of all three shades, depending on the angle you look at the watch.  The gold GMT hand has perfect contrast and compliments the blue perfectly.  Legibility is a key element to Grand Seiko and this watch lives true to the tale.  The combination of brushed and Zaratsu polished hands and markers only add to the legibility.  Another favourite part on this piece (as well as on any Grand Seiko) is the movement.  Seiko has taken the impressive 9S66 movement with 35 jewels, Spron 610 hairspring (for supreme durability and elasticity), and Spron 510 mainspring (for 72 hr power reserve as well as supreme durability and elasticity) and added something special to this commemorative Limited Edition.  Overall, the SBGM029 is a truly gorgeous timepiece, with a limited production run of 700 pieces worldwide. 

Offline nikfs1881

• "Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend."
Re: Grand Seiko SBGM029 GMT Limited Edition
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 11:03:16 PM »
Agree, a remarkable timepiece! At first glance, it reminds me of the rolex explorer, of course this piece is unique in its own way......

Congratulation man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rolex Sea-dwellerC|Breitling Seawolf Blacksteel LE|Tag heuer Grand Carrera|Chopard Monaco Historique Time Attack|Baume et Mercier Capeland|Tudor Grantour|Omega Seamaster|Oris Artix Complication|Rolex 6694|Tag Heuer Link|Oris William F1|Tag Heuer 2000|Tissot T-Race LE|Rado D-Star 200 |Sistem51|Longines Hydroconquest Chrono|Seiko SRP577|Seiko SBDC003|Steinhart GMT Pepsi & Nav B44| Nomos Tangente 38

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 04:42:06 PM »
U win Liao lor...  :thumbsup:

U seems posted 3 GS gmt!

This one stunning !

I believe under bright lighting, the dial will shine !

Offline BoscoKu

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 11:23:24 PM »
Indeed 3 GMTs, a joyful gathering with a few GS fans; I do wish they are all mine  :Cheers: