Author Topic: Applying for new telco line  (Read 10833 times)

Offline henznima

Applying for new telco line
« on: August 07, 2015, 03:34:45 PM »
Just resign, had return my old previous no. back to company.. now thinking to apply for new line for my phone connection.
My new job doesn't require much calling on handphone now.. that why I was recommended by friend that to apply for Celcom First One Plan postpaid plan
Currently is charging at RM48 for 2GB Data Internet
Worth applying?!! any recommendation

Offline Swoosh64

• Freshie
Re: Applying for new telco line
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 04:36:45 PM »
I am currently on Maxis IPhone plan, thinking of switching to Celcom RM85/month..seems good deal, you might want to check it out. I think Celcom just ended their RM38/month promotion recently...

Offline Geneve

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 06:19:11 AM »
Most important is you need to clearly know you use to call a lot or internet user.
If call a lot, I will recommend Maxis One Plan. If average call and average internet user, Digi is a good choice because they have plan with quite sufficient free calls, sms and internet data. Celcom have less free call and sms but internet data can be carry forward and better coverage.

Offline mparame

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 11:42:27 AM »
Try celcom 1st plan 38. It comes with 50 minutes free call to all networks and 3 GB data. If you don't call much and use data more, you can consider this plan.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Offline henznima

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 01:31:58 PM »
I tot of apply that package also at the first place but the Blue Cube told me that tat package had ended.. no more plan 38 already!

Offline henznima

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 01:33:35 PM »
I am currently on Maxis IPhone plan, thinking of switching to Celcom RM85/month..seems good deal, you might want to check it out. I think Celcom just ended their RM38/month promotion recently...
ya lol.. really rugi.. last time tot of RM38package can wait... never really tot they will ended the promotion.. now what to apply only got 48... 
o.. u not thinking for getting new phone, but this time I will not sign up with contract anymore for new phone sound more cheaper

Offline henznima

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 01:34:36 PM »
Most important is you need to clearly know you use to call a lot or internet user.
If call a lot, I will recommend Maxis One Plan. If average call and average internet user, Digi is a good choice because they have plan with quite sufficient free calls, sms and internet data. Celcom have less free call and sms but internet data can be carry forward and better coverage.
Thanks.. that why it really make me super headached while planning which to be pick!

Offline Everdying

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 05:21:21 PM »
got a little known insider promo for those going to mnp out from maxis.
once u accept the mnp sms, maxis may call u with a counter offer which is basically rm28 talk more plan + rm58 3gb data for a monthly promo total of rm48 tied to a 1yr contract.
i'm currently with that offer, so after 1yr i may attempt to mnp out again if maxis still has no competitive packages.

btw, to the TS, if ur in klang valley go with umobile u28...forget celcom.

Offline mparame

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 10:43:59 PM »
I tot of apply that package also at the first place but the Blue Cube told me that tat package had ended.. no more plan 38 already!
Oh gosh! Sorry to hear that mate. 

Offline henznima

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 02:29:25 PM »

too bad im not
why say so? you're umobile user as well?

Offline henznima

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 08:54:20 AM »
once u accept the mnp sms, maxis may call u with a counter offer which is basically rm28 talk more plan + rm58 3gb data for a monthly promo total of rm48 tied to a 1yr contract.
i'm currently with that offer, so after 1yr i may attempt to mnp out again if maxis still has no competitive packages.

not interest to be tied up again for nothing by Maxis contract already. further more now got more promotion in Telco

although most of my time in klang valley,but I often go out station also... I do asked alot of people in rural area, they told me that Ucompany line was really bad in outskirt area!

Offline fofo

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 09:09:05 AM »

yupo Plan 38 promotion had ended few month already.
that what I know Celcom now still got a promotion until merdeka day only.. although is not as good as Plan 38, but since now got second choice for you to consider. Have to make your decision fast

https://www.celcom.com.my/personal/plans/firstoneplan

Offline fofo

• Freshie
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 09:11:23 AM »

Umobile - coverage is not that good! that the issued! I applied UMI28 for 1 month, MNP back to Celcom after 1 month. Due to the coverage in my area is not that great

will not consider maxis at all.. nothing interesting at all

Offline Geneve

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 01:54:25 PM »
No matter how cheap the package is or how high speed the internet they claimed, without good coverage they are totally useless. If you go outstation, better you play safe with Celcom, their internet not that fast but broadest coverage among Maxis, Digi, Umobile. I still have Celcom, Digi and Maxis and terminated Umobile due to almost no coverage at East Malaysia when I outstation over there, only city have better coverage.

Offline Everdying

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 05:49:40 PM »

too bad im not

cos celcom first 38 has alot of complains about bad reception in klang valley.
and as already mentioned in my post, i am on maxis.
but as ur not in the klang valley often, then can ignore :P

also umobile, while may be bad at rural areas.
but there is also the option to drop down to 2G / GSM signal only, which then rides on the maxis network.

Offline henznima

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 08:25:24 AM »

that what I know Celcom now still got a promotion until merdeka day only.. although is not as good as Plan 38, but since now got second choice for you to consider. Have to make your decision fast

Why no more plan 38 anymore?!! Ended so fast?!
Well, no choice I may consider getting this plan later

Offline henznima

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 08:30:43 AM »
No matter how cheap the package is or how high speed the internet they claimed, without good coverage they are totally useless. If you go outstation, better you play safe with Celcom, their internet not that fast but broadest coverage among Maxis, Digi, Umobile. I still have Celcom, Digi and Maxis and terminated Umobile due to almost no coverage at East Malaysia when I outstation over there, only city have better coverage.

Thanks for information.. hm... I guess I will go for Celcom later :P

Offline fofo

• Freshie
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 08:40:29 AM »

too bad im not

but there is also the option to drop down to 2G / GSM signal only, which then rides on the maxis network.

Celcom in Klang Valley is not that bad, from my experience of using it!
anyway u may surprise in KLCC area, CELCOM 4G can go up to 33MBPS leh!

Offline fofo

• Freshie
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 08:41:26 AM »

walau.. u got so many line :P ...

Offline raychan

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 08:49:48 AM »

HAHA! Lucky I had applied for celcom first plan 38 long time (few month) ago... they really ended it already. No more plan 38 already..now should name it as Plan 48 - after merdeka will go to Plan 68. If you really interested. Do it fast before it goes too late lol

Offline raychan

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 08:52:12 AM »

too bad im not

I have not much complaint on my Celcom in KL area too.
if u say celcom with bad reception.. well maybe my area was not affected! The reception here not really that bad here

Offline henznima

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2015, 08:05:40 AM »

HAHA! Lucky I had applied for celcom first plan 38 long time (few month) ago... they really ended it already. No more plan 38 already..now should name it as Plan 48 - after merdeka will go to Plan 68. If you really interested. Do it fast before it goes too late lol

Had just applied this plan already from Celcom just now.
need to wait 2 hours to active the line
:P will test out the line later.

Offline fofo

• Freshie
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2015, 09:17:59 AM »
Did you manage to apply this Celcom Merdeka Plan.
As what i know after you apply for this Merdeka Plan you are entitled to buy this Fitbit watch at all BlueCube in an exclusive price.
Anyone have any comment over this watch.. nice or not ar??!!

Offline jayctx

• Freshie
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2023, 05:09:02 PM »
I’ve been using maxis since forever. Works pretty well in klang valley area.