Author Topic: A report on the current state of fake watch industry in China  (Read 9617 times)

Offline theseira

Re: A report on the current state of fake watch industry in China
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2015, 08:23:16 AM »
Nice article, not against fake watches but seems like they making progress!

One thing I can say is based on experience is that the attention to detail is not there.

They need to perfect the minor details, at the moment there are no 1:1 replica/fake watch. If there is please PM me the details I would love to check it out (don't worry about the movement as long as the case, dial, hands, font, bezel and bracelet all outer appearance, dimensions  1:1 to the gen is OK already).

I have been occasionally reading forums on replica watches and have been speaking to some hardcore fans that would go as far as to put original parts to replica pieces to make it as close as possible to the gen and as I said still no 1:1 version of any Rolex, Panerai, AP, Patek etc. This is not including movement btw. I am talking about case, dial and bracelet. Finishing and attention to detail not there.

Even a basic pam 111 there are many flaws and have to be modified further to make it as close as possible to the gen.

Well maybe someday they will be able to make a 1:1 copy.

Offline jason_recliner

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2015, 01:06:10 AM »
There are fake Rolexes and PAMs out there that fool dealers. So maybe not 1:1 but similar quality and looks close enough.

I guarantee that all my watches are 100% original unless otherwise described.  When buying stock I can't rely on photographs because I don't think the signs of a fake would be obvious enough.  I have to rely on the seller's reputation instead.

More than ever...  BUY THE SELLER!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:08:56 AM by jason_recliner »

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2015, 12:36:29 PM »

AAA grade BMW exterior, china cow skin leather seat.

To lure lala mui.
Would it surprise you if I were to say that the Alcantara leather in your Merc E-class is made in a little city called Yiwu in Zhejiang province?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i remember there is one msia making leather for Ferrari and other sport cars...