Author Topic: Athaya Vintage AV002 Lamafa Diver a homage to the 6105  (Read 4110 times)

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
Athaya Vintage AV002 Lamafa Diver a homage to the 6105
« on: June 12, 2015, 06:56:16 AM »
Athaya Vintage is an Indonesian company created in 2014 from a dream by a true watch enthusiast. Operating out of the city of Medan on the island of Sumatra, Indonesian, the owner, Mr. Adrian has already created two homages with limited production runs. His second homage is the focus of my interest as it is a homage based on the legendary Seiko 6105 diver.

The watch casing is made out of 316L stainless steel alloy. Brushed finished, it is 44.3 mm wide and 48.0 mm from lug to lug. Its thickness is 13.5 mm with a lug size of 20 mm. The bezel is also made out the same stainless steel alloy and rotates uni-directionally with 120 clicks for one complete rotation. The name Lamafa refers to traditional whalers from the eastern part of Indonesia.

As I have never owned an original Seiko 6105 or even seen one in the flesh before, it was hard for me to gauge the extent of the similarities between the original and this homage. However, some obvious physical differences can clearly be seen. Some of the key differences are:

1    Date window: The 6105 has a date window at the 3 o'clock position. The Lamafa has two variants, with or without date window. The variant with the date window has it set at 4 o'clock.
2    Markers: The 6105 has square markers. The Lamafa has rounded and triangle markers.
3    Crown lock: The 6105 has a bayonet lock system. The Lamafa has a screw-down system.
4    Dimensions: The 6105 is 44 mm wide by 47 mm long with 19 mm lugs. The Lamafa is 44.3 mm wide by 48.0 mm long with 20.0 mm lugs.
5   Crown rotation: The 6105 takes 60-click increments for one rotation. The Lamafa takes 120-click increments for one rotation.
6   Water resistant: The 6105 is capable of 150 meters water resistance. The Lamafa is capable of 200 meters water resistance.
7   Hands: The 6105 has straight hands with an additional orange lume on the seconds-hand. The Lamafa has sword-like hands. There is no additional colored lume.
8    Dial and case-back graphics: Both have different fonts and logos.
9    Rubber strap: Unique styles on both models.

The watch sits well on my 7.5 inch wrist. The strap has a good grip on skin and it doesn't wobble much even if you decide to strap it on loosely. It has a nice weight to it and despite the relatively large width of this watch, the cushion shaped casing cleverly hides this. In fact, the cushion shaped casing creates an interesting point of reference for observers and this gives it the wrist presence.

For more picture and complete writeup visit my blog posting: http://easternwatch.blogspot.sg/2015/06/athaya-vintage-av002-lamafa-diver-watch.html
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Re: Athaya Vintage AV002 Lamafa Diver a homage to the 6105
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 07:27:13 AM »
 :thumbsup:

lovely... close to 6105
made in indonesia?

lume ok?

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 02:19:27 PM »

:thumbsup:

lovely... close to 6105
made in indonesia?

lume ok?

Yes, from Indonesia. Uses C1 Luminova paint. Good actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline maxbill

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 03:07:40 PM »
Thx for sharing Meor. Indonesia certainly boleh.
Another impressive watch in your collection. Bravo.