Author Topic: Now the GST is here share your experience when you buy  (Read 17852 times)

Offline nikfs1881

• "Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend."
Re: Now the GST is here share your experience when you buy
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 02:32:37 AM »
At least you are happy with the service and save you all the hassle of dealing with custom clearance......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rolex Sea-dwellerC|Breitling Seawolf Blacksteel LE|Tag heuer Grand Carrera|Chopard Monaco Historique Time Attack|Baume et Mercier Capeland|Tudor Grantour|Omega Seamaster|Oris Artix Complication|Rolex 6694|Tag Heuer Link|Oris William F1|Tag Heuer 2000|Tissot T-Race LE|Rado D-Star 200 |Sistem51|Longines Hydroconquest Chrono|Seiko SRP577|Seiko SBDC003|Steinhart GMT Pepsi & Nav B44| Nomos Tangente 38

Offline Hellkite

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2015, 08:54:23 AM »
Ya, the charges are not too bad if your item is more than RM1k. At least it saves you the trouble of doing customs clearance yourself. Actually, even if you do it yourself, I think the toll and petrol to klia will cost as much or more than the RM30 agent fee. You still have to pay the RM18 charged by customs for the forms etc..

Offline keanewoon

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2015, 05:55:48 PM »
Yes. I sure know it looks more worthy when u buy higher price stuff. Just ranting on the extra cost on top of the gst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Yoda

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2015, 10:21:56 AM »
Hi there

Just got back from overseas trip.

I noticed only big bags are asked to be screen at custom clearance KLIA.

Those bags on your shoulder are not asked to be screen.

So you know what I mean?

;D
"Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything you Fear To Lose"

"The Fear Of Loss Is A Path To The Dark Side"

Yoda

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2015, 04:35:43 AM »
My first Internet watch purchase after GST was...tax free. Package from Indonesia via EMS (hence Postlaju in KL). Customs didn't slap GST on it despite a value on the manifest  of USD350

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2015, 09:05:57 AM »
I've bought watch straps that were delivered to my doorstep with no GST, but had a low declared value.

A friend of mine bought some bike accessories; should not have been charged GST, but he was as customs decided to lump product price along with shipping fees (which brought it to just a smidgen over RM500 iirc). He had to waste another 2 hours trying to reason with the guy behind the counter that he shouldn't be charged any fees or GST; this was at the Pos Malaysia office next to LCCT.

At the end of the day, he did manage to convince the people there. It seems that this GST mumbo jumbo is at their own discretion.

If I am paying for postal charges, I expect it to be delivered to my freaking doorstep. At no point do I expect to either travel all the way to LCCT to pay the fees and pick up the item manually, nor do I expect to pay an agent freaking fee to have them handle my package and then for me to manually pick it up from their HQ in KL Sentral area. For me, that is BS- delivering to my doorstep is their bloody job!! That, and then they need to standardize this rubbish GST fee structure, and make it public knowledge.

Offline rnsm1979

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2015, 10:41:25 AM »
well said mate !!!!!!!
totally agree with you

Offline alphaz

• Freshie
  • sapere aude
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2015, 09:34:25 AM »
DHL guy told me after GST, all packages will be opened and inspected by customs one by one. If declared value is suspicious, customs may charge more GST based on their own guesstimate. Before GST, customs only inspect a few randomly selected packages. Dunno if he's speaking the truth or not.

Offline Gilthoniel

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2015, 02:06:56 PM »
This GST is crap.

I had some free items shipped in to me by NOMOS.

FREE items... but yet i was called up by FEDex and told me that I'll be charged GST for them. I said, the items are declared a value for insurance purposes but if you look at the invoice, it is zero in value. Plus I did not purchase the items.

The girl says, sorry the customs officer will just charge. They will charge NOMOS.

Seriously, what the f@#$ is wrong with these people?

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2016, 03:44:13 PM »
Urgh. I don't understand why GST would apply on second hand items. If the watch was sold before and now it's being sold again, that would count as a double taxation. Stupid.
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2016, 09:52:53 AM »
Urgh. I don't understand why GST would apply on second hand items. If the watch was sold before and now it's being sold again, that would count as a double taxation. Stupid.

agreed

but if they wanted to charge

shd just charge on the added value sell by gst registered shop

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2016, 03:18:44 PM »
My item just arrived at KLIA customs. Let's see how this goes....
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1

Offline Submarinerman

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2016, 12:51:31 PM »
Malaysia was once the cheapest country to buy a Rolex but not any more. The next cheapest country is Hong Kong but exposure of counterfeit parts will be higher in Hong Kong. Just sharing :)