Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1483 times)

Offline yokeliang

Greetings
« on: February 25, 2015, 08:06:02 AM »
Hello MWF members,

I have been stalking this forum for way, way too long - it is high time to join in the fun and say hello.

I have always been fascinated with watches, as a kid I loved wearing them and was pretty curious about how it works.  My very first proper watch was a Seiko Kinetic, a gift from the parents on my 18th birthday.  This particular watch has a special place in my memories as it taught me the difference between a mechanical and a quartz watch.  After graduating and working for several years, I felt that it was now time to buy myself a nice watch. 

My lesson from the Seiko Kinetic prompted me to go fully mechanical (with a display case back so that I can admire the intricacies of the movement) - so I settled for a Tag Heuer Link Calibre 6 (WJF211) - it was the most beautiful thing that I have ever saw (up to that point in time).

A good few years down the road, I unfortunately dropped my Tag and it landed right smack on the crown causing significant damage to the movement.  It got sent to the service center and I was without a watch for at least 3 months.  To fill the gap (which eventually turned out to be 5 months!) I went out looking for another watch - this time I wanted one that is a little more formal and with a chronograph complication (to wear for my wedding).  I ended up with a Maurice Lacroix Pontos Chronographe (PT6188) - loved the size and liked the way it looked with a leather nato strap!

Hanging out with friends that have similar interests does do a lot of damage, especially when the watches discussed becomes a little more serious.  Under a lot of influence on "proper and reliable"  in-house movements (instead of my currently owned ETA based and Valjoux movement watches), I fell in love with the Rolex Sea Dweller 11660 and ended up buying one last year.

Now, this addiction has gotten worse and I am keeping an eye open for more watches such as Tudor Black Bay, Omega Speedy Moonwatch, vintage Heuers and perhaps a Panerai in the near future!

I look forward to learning more from all of you here.

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 10:36:03 AM »
You landed in a wrong place bro.
This is a poisonous place to come  ;D
Welcome to MWF.
 :Cheers:

Offline Narco

Re: Greetings
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 05:17:17 PM »
Welcome bro! A poisonu gonna be loving.