Author Topic: First Impression of Seiko Prospex Field Monster Limited Edition (model : SRP580K1)  (Read 6822 times)

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
Readers would know that I pulled the trigger for the Seiko Prospex Field Monster Limited Edition (model no : SRP580K1) @ http://andywristwatches.blogspot.com/2014/12/pulled-trigger-seiko-prospex-monster.html on 2nd December 2014. Well, exactly a week on, a parcel arrived vide PosLaju and I had a good mind that it was bearing this very watch.

The packaging was done very well with layers and layers of protective plastic, so the watch box was well protected against the harshness of transit. I had ordered a fair bit of watches online, whether overseas or locally, and this was amongst the best protective wrapping that I have seen to date.

The outer case and inner box bore the letterings "Seiko Limited Edition" boldly on the facade. Inside the box, you would find the international warranty card and user booklet, standard Seiko issuance.

The watch came with calf leather, which was very soft and comfortable. I would have preferred the thread to be in bronze-gold colour too to match the dial, but I believed that many others may prefer the more conservative outlook that it currently had.

The buckle was in bronze-gold too, and made to look as though patina had set in (i.e. not glittering gold in colour). The outer buckle was stamped with "Seiko" while the inner side had "Stainless Steel-B" indicating bronze.

The sunburst dial was 44mm without crown (or 47mm with crown), and in typical Monster design. Instead of unidirectional bezels as per Air Diver Monsters, the Field Monster had bi-directional bezel with engraved compass markers. The hardlex crystal was good to protect against standard scratches, although a sapphire crystal would have been preferred.

I especially liked the aviation-inspired date markers and second hand. Being a Field Monster, the water resistance was good for 100m instead of 200m as per Air Diver Monsters, and the crown was similarly not the screwed-in type.

The case protector looked good in bronze-gold.

And the indents that matched between bezel and case, looked even more eye-catching in this colour combination.

The rear showed the mechanism along with the crystal-etched "Seiko Prospex Limited Edition". And now for the obligatory wrist shots.

Generally, I liked the look of this Prospex Field Monster and for a watch below the RM1.5k mark, I believed that it was very good value-for-monies and should be included into one's watch collections. I would further update photos on its Seiko Lumibrite later tonight

All in all, I was pretty satisfied with this Prospex Field Monster purchase.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 02:29:38 PM by andytagheuer »
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
The bronze gold color are lovely... How the strap quality? Solid?

Offline D'Andy

I must say that the strap, made from calf leather, was rather soft and comfy to wear. Would have preferred a different tan colour, but no complaints on the stock quality.
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
Nice piece. Here's its sibling saying hi!
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline D'Andy

Very nice piece, Meoramri  :thumbsup: Do wear yours in good health too!

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
Very nice piece, Meoramri  :thumbsup: Do wear yours in good health too!

Cheers!
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
Nice watch.  :thumbsup:
Seiko fan.....

Offline Yoda

Since its a LE is there a number?
"Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything you Fear To Lose"

"The Fear Of Loss Is A Path To The Dark Side"

Yoda

Offline D'Andy

Since its a LE is there a number?

No numbering but Limited Edition status represented on rear case.