Author Topic: Topping tool at max - the PSM Velsheda -  (Read 3106 times)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Topping tool at max - the PSM Velsheda -
« on: September 23, 2014, 10:46:14 PM »
i always admire independent watchmaker watches, these watches are with soul, soul added by the watchmaker themselves.
however, not every AHCI watches are available, some AHCI watchmaker is making watches for themselves, some took yrs to deliver one.... some are simply unaffordable.

having opportunity to molest some of the MWF members' PSM watches, i always love PSM watch design -
felt in love with the Piccadilly case and its topping tool inspired rotor.

having opportunity meet him,

Peter Speake Marin

last year in this Event, (click the link if you wish to read the event report)

Event report: Peter Speake-Marin host MWF members

i'm more hooked to PSM watches than ever. while i considering the Serpent Date released last year, i found something more interesting this year after reading some magazine and Basel report.
Press release in MWF also have this reported (click on the link below if you wish to read this)

Velsheda by Speake-Marin

Finally i have this yesterday. yeah baby ! :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana:

Velsheda

not first time i seeing this, but opening the Fedex box do give my heart bump little faster !
i really like it, the whole design of this watch

case - 42 mm polished to mirror famous Piccadilly case, a case name after the place where PSM work for N years.
          this is the newer version, its thinner.

dial   - white lacquer, multi-level dial is so sharp and clear under the AR coated sapphire crystal. every single marker

hand - minute hand was not there, hour hand become a single hand to show time, it is precisely pointed at the marker, counterbalanced by an arc at the other end. the topping tool designed as a center wheel sit on the cannon pinon. it move slowly as per the hand move.

second hand was replaced by another topping tool wheel, this wheel is turning on top of the single hand center part.
this design really making the watch alive, the topping tool constantly turning, simple mechanism - but its as eye catching as the as the tourbillon 
here is another angle

the big diamond crown is well matching the case. the PSM logo is signed on the crown, YES another Topping Tool

Velsheda is fitted with this 5 days power reserve Eros calibre. but normally having this watch, when you looking from the back, your eyes is always focus at the signature Speake-Marin ‘mystery’ rotor.....
YES another Topping Tool design blued rotor

the watch come with a very finely finished black alligator belly skin leather strap with steel buckle.
the strap is comfortable despite some said PSM strap a bit hard, needed some time to break, but not in my case, not sure it is newer batch of strap or i actually i massage it before wearing !

for some who needed figure to know my opinion, there u go

design - 10/10 - its beautiful, eye catching
finishing - 9/10 - everything well made, top of the range, 1 point deducted from the movement finishing
movement - no marking yet since i do not know the performance now, also never put on time grapher
strap - 9.5/10 definitely top range for dress watch
comfort - 9.5/10 just my first hand feeling
packaging - 7/10 love the pouch design, but the outer the box just too lousy, lucky the polish cloth gain 1 point
value for money - 9/10 for this price range, i doubt you can find another AHCI watch that made so beautiful

lastly i would like to finish this with a wristshot

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 10:48:32 PM by chrisyen »

Offline rainbowfix

Re: Topping tool at max - the PSM Velsheda -
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 07:30:36 AM »
Congrats! One Awesome watch!  :thumbsup:

Offline CKL1213

Re: Topping tool at max - the PSM Velsheda -
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 07:49:56 AM »
how much? hahahaha  :HammerHead:

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator