Author Topic: Braune - MEM Watches (Arabic font & Counterclockwise movement)  (Read 10455 times)

Offline izham.fitri

Braune - MEM Watches (Arabic font & Counterclockwise movement)
« on: September 23, 2014, 10:04:16 AM »

Arabic Font
Japan Quartz
Leather Strap
Counterclockwise Movement

We’ve sometimes asked ourselves , why is clockwise clockwise? Why do the hands of a clock or watch move from left to right and not the other way around? Well, truth be told…it was pretty much an accident. Ancient civilizations developed mostly in the Northern Hemisphere and the telling of time back in the days relied heavily on the predecessor of the modern watch…the sundial.

If our ancestors had decided to develop civilization in Southern Africa, or New Zealand, clockwise would have been counterclockwise, simply because everything is reversed south of the Equator. Sundials designed for Italy will work in Australia, but the numbers will be backwards.

So what’s the deal with counterclockwise?

There’s a lot more to counterclockwise movements than you know. Positive things and natural things have always been linked to counterclockwise directional movements believe it or not. Let’s talk about a few shall we?

For all the athletes and runners out there, running counterclockwise is better for blood flow than clockwise because the heart is located on the left side of the body. A main vein takes blood, from left to right, to the heart, aided by suction. Centrifugal force due to counterclockwise action helps this. If we were to run clockwise, the centrifugal force would disrupt suction.

It’s also been said that humans have better visibility of space on the left side. The right side of the brain processes spatial recognition; which gives the left side of vision a stronger perception of space. Ain’t that a treat?

Talking about space, even our beautiful planet rotates on its axis counterclockwise and at the same time orbits the sun counterclockwise. Now, they are not here to be physic and astrology professors teaching you the law of cosmic activites and whatnot…they are here just here to make a difference. By now, you’ve probably gotten the idea why they have used and attached the ‘+’ symbol to clockwise.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 10:09:49 AM by izham.fitri »

Offline Yikkie

Re: Braune - MEM Watches (Arabic font & Counterclockwise movement)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 12:16:41 PM »
Thanks for the review on going counterclockwise.  :D. Perhaps, you could let us know more about the watch other than it goes counterclockwise?  :Cheers:

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 04:14:04 PM »
Hi Izham, are you the marketing chap from the counter-clockwise Hijra timepieces? Someone used to post comments on my blog linking to your website for marketing purposes. I could only assume that the "someone" was a fan of your timepieces, since I doubt a reputable person like yourself would spam individual blogs for marketing usages. Are you going to use MWF to promote more of your watches, or to educate the masses?
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 08:16:57 PM »

Arabic Font
Japan Quartz
Leather Strap

We’ve sometimes asked ourselves , why is clockwise clockwise? Why do the hands of a clock or watch move from left to right and not the other way around? Well, truth be told…it was pretty much an accident. Ancient civilizations developed mostly in the Northern Hemisphere and the telling of time back in the days relied heavily on the predecessor of the modern watch…the sundial.

If our ancestors had decided to develop civilization in Southern Africa, or New Zealand, clockwise would have been counterclockwise, simply because everything is reversed south of the Equator. Sundials designed for Italy will work in Australia, but the numbers will be backwards.

There’s a lot more to counterclockwise movements than you know. Positive things and natural things have always been linked to counterclockwise directional movements believe it or not. Let’s talk about a few shall we?

For all the athletes and runners out there, running counterclockwise is better for blood flow than clockwise because the heart is located on the left side of the body. A main vein takes blood, from left to right, to the heart, aided by suction. Centrifugal force due to counterclockwise action helps this. If we were to run clockwise, the centrifugal force would disrupt suction.

It’s also been said that humans have better visibility of space on the left side. The right side of the brain processes spatial recognition; which gives the left side of vision a stronger perception of space. Ain’t that a treat?

Talking about space, even our beautiful planet rotates on its axis counterclockwise and at the same time orbits the sun counterclockwise. Now, they are not here to be physic and astrology professors teaching you the law of cosmic activites and whatnot…they are here just here to make a difference. By now, you’ve probably gotten the idea why they have used and attached the ‘+’ symbol to clockwise.

Hi,

Please can we have a review of the watch or we will remove this post.

Thank you.

Mods Team

Offline craftvn

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 01:59:05 AM »
Love it

Offline craftvn

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 01:51:08 AM »
Wish see some pictures

Offline tantan

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 07:34:09 AM »
This is simple and nice, and the special font... If there is video to show the counterclockwise movement would be great

Offline izham.fitri

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 02:30:25 PM »

Hi Izham, are you the marketing chap from the counter-clockwise Hijra timepieces? Someone used to post comments on my blog linking to your website for marketing purposes. I could only assume that the "someone" was a fan of your timepieces, since I doubt a reputable person like yourself would spam individual blogs for marketing usages. Are you going to use MWF to promote more of your watches, or to educate the masses?

i have nothing to do with hijra timepiece. I represent MEM Watches and never do such thing like spamming other blog or website :)

Since this is the right channel for me to introduce this kind of timepieces i posted it here because wanted to introduce new brand of counterclockwise watch and why the concept of counterclockwise .We also not intending to educate anyone regards to counterclockwise . just wanted to share what we think about counterclockwise and of cause the product itself .

kindly visit my website if u interested to know more about this new brand .

www.mem-watches.com

Offline izham.fitri

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 02:31:33 PM »
This is simple and nice, and the special font... If there is video to show the counterclockwise movement would be great

you can view it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBrv-hCgLSo

Offline izham.fitri

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 02:36:06 PM »
Wish see some pictures

there is also another product that you can view it here :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBrv-hCgLSo

i want to know more about this watch please visit mem watches website

www.mem-watches.com

Offline izham.fitri

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 02:40:22 PM »

Arabic Font
Japan Quartz
Leather Strap

Hi,

Please can we have a review of the watch or we will remove this post.

Thank you.

Mods Team

Sorry Mods Team

This model called Braune and this are specification for this watch .

Year - 2014
Size – Gent
Case material – Stainless Steel
Case Diameter – 42mm
Case Thickness – 8mm
Water resistance – 5 ATM (50 m / 165 ft)
Dial color – Seal brown
Dial type – Normal
Band material – Leather
Band Color – Seal Brown
Band width – 21mm
Watch Length – 243mm
Weight – 51g
Movement type – Counterclockwise Japanese Quartz

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 01:31:29 PM »
Izham, if you do actually take some time to read through the other watch reviews hereabouts, you would find that we comment about our personal experiences about the watches- the pros and the cons, if it was a good watch to live with, and other personal parts and experiences.

A watch to us hobbyist is more than just a watch, otherwise we wouldn't have a forum whereby we go all ooh-la-la over the watches that we like.

What you have presented thus far, to call a spade a spade, was not a personal review. Yours was more of a marketing campaign. Not many knows about this MEM brand, so you thought that you could increase brand recognition translating into sales vide the forum. You have made 5 postings so far and all of them were on this very thread pushing towards MEM. You are working for MEM, right? If you do, you have vested interest in your posting. Besides posting references to your MEM website and telling members to visit there if they were interested to know more, what other value-added experiences were you giving to us? Naught, zilch. Do you know that members were not supposed to post references to commercial websites here? It's in the rules and regulations, I believe.

I respect this forum. The Mods are highly passionate about timepieces and the forum here. I think you should too. Just my 2 sen.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 01:34:02 PM by andytagheuer »
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2014, 01:54:11 PM »
As others mentioned, if you want to do a review, please do it properly. Not just simply copy the stats and paste here.

Just to remind not to shill in the forum.

Offline izham.fitri

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2014, 06:46:08 AM »
Izham, if you do actually take some time to read through the other watch reviews hereabouts, you would find that we comment about our personal experiences about the watches- the pros and the cons, if it was a good watch to live with, and other personal parts and experiences.

A watch to us hobbyist is more than just a watch, otherwise we wouldn't have a forum whereby we go all ooh-la-la over the watches that we like.

What you have presented thus far, to call a spade a spade, was not a personal review. Yours was more of a marketing campaign. Not many knows about this MEM brand, so you thought that you could increase brand recognition translating into sales vide the forum. You have made 5 postings so far and all of them were on this very thread pushing towards MEM. You are working for MEM, right? If you do, you have vested interest in your posting. Besides posting references to your MEM website and telling members to visit there if they were interested to know more, what other value-added experiences were you giving to us? Naught, zilch. Do you know that members were not supposed to post references to commercial websites here? It's in the rules and regulations, I believe.

I respect this forum. The Mods are highly passionate about timepieces and the forum here. I think you should too. Just my 2 sen.

ohhh okay then . sorry for this post i guess.Maybe i quite new on exploring this forum. but thanks for the advise . ill take it positively . nice to meet you then mr .  :) :)

Offline izham.fitri

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2014, 06:49:09 AM »
As others mentioned, if you want to do a review, please do it properly. Not just simply copy the stats and paste here.

Just to remind not to shill in the forum.

okay sorry for the inconvenient  . maybe i didn't read the regulation properly and I'm quite new exploring this forum . thanks for the advise though . ill be more caution and do proper review in the future .  :) sorry mr  :Cheers: