Author Topic: Cyma-Help me identify this vintage  (Read 2802 times)

Offline spicediablo

• Freshie
Cyma-Help me identify this vintage
« on: June 27, 2014, 08:37:36 AM »
It's in a bad condition but it still tracks time accurately. Tried googling but to no avail. Hoping sifus here can help me with some info on this model. If it is worth it, I will send for restoration. Thanks in advance!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1j1jydhw0GhYnJRQnNSb3NZQzg/edit?usp=sharing

Offline rainbowfix

Re: Cyma-Help me identify this vintage
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 12:44:42 PM »
Sorry no idea what model. But by the look of it not too hard to restore. A service n change the crystal will do. It will come out lovely. If it is missing movement parts... it will be bit harder.  IMO loose that expandable bracelet. Get a leather strap.  Good luck.

Offline spicediablo

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 03:14:36 PM »
No model written too. It tracks time accurately so i believe maybe just a service of the movement will do well. I agree with what you said regarding the restoration. Maybe a polish of the casing will do wonders too.

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 04:07:09 PM »
Looking forward for your restoration result.... btw you can check out this page for watch restorations:
http://watchguy.co.uk/

Offline spicediablo

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 04:26:47 PM »
Actually, I wanted to know more about this model before restoring. Wanna know if it is worth the trouble and cost..Hope sifus here can shed some light.

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 04:52:30 PM »
IMHO you can get an approx. value of the watch if you search "Vintage cyma" on the bay and look for the closest looking watch to yours. The swiss industry churn out dress watches by the millions? every year back then..... if it is high in sentimental value, nothing is too much.
Maybe some other sifus might know more about this Cyma... 

btw MWF store does offer service n crystal change... you might want to see them for an estimation....   :thumbsup: