Author Topic: Benarus World Diver GMT - Limited Edition (50 pcs each finishing)  (Read 9281 times)

Offline chrisc

hi! Friends.

As promised here is my little review. just like to share with our malaysian watch forumers this fantastic micro-brand. Well! firstly, mine is a Brushed steel finish, and according to Steve @ Benarus, mine is the last Brushed steel finish. I nearly missed it. But thanks to Steve, lucky he had one stash away for photography and completely forgotten about it!

here are something about Benarus and specifications of the watch.

About Benarus

Ben•a•rus [ben air us] A Benarus watch is a high quality professional instrument produced in limited quantities and is available to collectors, professional divers, adventurers and watch enthusiasts throughout the world. ?

Founded by Ralf Schreiner in Munich, Germany. Ralf has been a watch collector for most of his life and learned from his father who has also been collecting for over 30 years. Ralf had the goal to create Benarus to bring affordable watches that have the highest quality fit and finish to collectors with the highest standards. These collectors want more watch for their money and that is what Benarus creates. This is achieved by low overhead costs and continuing to focus on research and development with a hands-on approach to quality control, working with the machinists and various production steps involved to get to the final goal.

Benarus watches share the idea that 'Less is More', and all of our dials and parts are easy to read as well as functional. We use Superluminova on our dials to achieve the brightest possible lume. We also use sapphire crystals and 316L stainless cases that are water resistant from 500 meters to 2,500 meters. We use the ETA 2824 Swiss mechanical automatic movement as well as the Miyota 8215 mechanical automatic and we are also testing the latest products that are being developed by both manufacturers.

Benarus watch designer Steve Laughlin joined the company in 2008. Steve has BFA in art / design from Kansas State University and has been a watch enthusiast and collector for over 15 years. Steve got his start in watch design with the Benarus Megalodon. Steve’s background is in Graphic Design, specifically website design and development. He is the Benarus Webmaster and is the contact person for all general questions about Benarus. Steve operates the Benarus headquarters in Kansas City, USA.

Specification - Benarus World diver GMT
The Benarus Worldiver GMT is a military inspired dive watch that is at home
500 meters underwater or 500 meters in the cockpit above the sea. An ultimate
world expedition timepiece able to track 2 time zones and perform in any harsh
environment. The simple easy to read dial and hand design was achieved by
studying the simplicity of aviation gauges. The Worldiver Automatic houses the
ETA 2893-2 mechanical automatic movement.

Case: 316L - 500m/ 1650ft
Movement: ETA 2893-2 GMT (Swiss ETA)
Width: 45mm Bezel
Bezel inserts: alloy, engraved and filled with a c3 lume compound
Dial: matt black and filled with a c3 lume compound
Straps: Black Leather, Italian Rubber, Zulu, canvas strap, Steel mesh bracelet with oyster links
lugs: 22mm
Crystal: Flat Sapphire
Height: 15mm Options
Weight: 146 grams on the leather, 191 grams on the mesh bracelet.
Packaging: zip up travel box (able to house 4 large (45mm) watches). Made of Canvas & leather.

First arrive at Custom Malaysia. (had to self declare and pick up :Scolding:). Not really Steve's fault but partly well! Malaysia Boleh!!

First look at the Double box (white box + Zip up travel box)

Side where the watch is being kept, next to it is the mesh bracelet (brushed finish)

Next side, is where the Canvas strap, Leather strap and the italian rubber strap (Vanilla scented)

The Polish/ cleaning cloth, warranty card in your name and the watch in Zulu strap.

First thing i did when i reach home with the watch, was finding out how to unscrew the lug screws and replacing the leather strap with the Zulu strap.

The Local time is Malaysia time, and the GMT 24 hours time is Kansas City, USA. This is a tribute to Benarus for such a great watch. hope i adjusted the GMT time correctly....hehehe.. :Praying:

The beautiful engravings at the back case!!! love it, but its abit rough edge...not really cutting me! but will edge out in the coming years.

this is the beautiful engraved crown, well! also abit rough edge, but no biggie! since its beautiful!

comparison in size with my Luminox 3050 blackout - the luminox is 44mm

comparison in size with my Ball engineer master II - orange diver - Ball is 42mm

Finally, regarding the movement of the watch, its really good, very smooth second hand. And also very accurate. the movement of the second which i can see easily is very similar to the ball watch i have. however, the crown for adjusting the time, date and gmt is not as solid as my Ball. it feels abit rough when you try adjusting, but not in anyway flimsy. just that the ball Swiss eta, is much more smoother.

but Benarus World Diver GMT is now my favorite daily beater. well, just got to get used to the weight....that why there where the Zulu straps comes in...helps alot in reducing the weight! by the way its much heavier compared to ball diver with rubber.

Well! thats all for my watch review, i must say this is my first micro brand, and i'm loving it....i'm looking forward to what Benarus have in the near future. also at some other micro brands, will definitely try them out. Already have my eyes on several diver watches from various micro brands...just that i'm abit tight around the corners and GF is making hell lots of noisy!

Current Possession
---------------
Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean XL
Ball Engineer II Diver - Orange Dial
Benarus World Diver GMT - Black Dial/ Blue GMT hands (Limited Edition)
Luminox 3050 Colormark - Blackout
Casio G-Shock GA-100-1A1
Casio G-Shock GX-56-4

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
  • More than meets the eye
Re: Benarus World Diver GMT - Limited Edition (50 pcs each finishing)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 05:40:44 PM »
congratz chris on ur new toy..... hav fun bro ... and wear it in good health :Cheers:
Jacky Wong

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 05:41:56 PM »
This look like a real tough watch  :thumbsup:
It is a limited edition? By looking at 24/50 on the caseback.
Would love to molest it in next GTG if possible  ;D

Great review and wear in good health  :Cheers:

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 06:04:30 PM »
Nice review bro!  :thumbsup:

Never saw one in real life. Looks very tough & solid. I like the lovely GMT hand & the bezel. They did a great job engraving the crown. Looks very nice. Congrats bro.  :thumbsup:

Offline HusH

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 11:27:59 PM »
Nice one  :thumbsup: i have pre-ordered one myself. New model schedule to release late this year.

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 11:37:13 PM »
Nice watch ;) Congrats!!

Offline adrian

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 12:12:37 AM »
Congrats bro!

Time to get the GF a watch to keep the noise down.  ;D

Offline SHL

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 09:01:49 AM »
A VERY NICE WATCH!! I ALSO WANT TOO........!!

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 09:04:04 AM »
Thnx for sharing!

I wish to c magpies feedback, been a while not see him posting since he sold all his benarus, barracuda, sea devil n megaladdon

Offline takashi78

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 09:16:11 AM »
Congrats on the tough looking watch.

Offline gapper

• allen's posterous
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 09:31:08 AM »
nice solid benarus...  look big...

Offline polobilano

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2010, 09:33:57 AM »
so nice..hahahaha...must expensive..hehehe.. :Cheers:

Offline ckcspice

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 03:49:56 PM »
looks good mate....