Author Topic: Just bought Omega Planet Ocean 8500 + with Defect!  (Read 3293 times)

Offline kepoque84

Just bought Omega Planet Ocean 8500 + with Defect!
« on: April 07, 2014, 10:17:41 PM »
Goodday!

Hi there!

Been observing this forum for quite sometimes. I am new to this forum. Hope can learn a lot from other sifu.

Recently, I bought a new watch (in fact last Saturday). My dream watch planet ocean 8500 42 mm with silver numerical.
I have been 'starving' and cut my spending just to buy my dream watch since 2012. Finally it was a dream came true, when on one fine Saturday afternoon (5/4/2014), I bought the PO!

After few rounds of negotiation, the retailer agreed with my offered price and the watch is mine! I was trembling to receive the watch because I was so happy.

Upon arriving at home, I started to look into details on every inches of the watch even I purposely rotate the bezel just to ensure it had 120 clicks! When I start to look behind the watch at the rotor that was when I realize the letter 'G' of OMEGA word at the rotor (back of the watch) was not fully coloured in Red as the rest of the wording.

A part from this defect, I notice that there is small dent on the second hand of the watch itself which is also part of manufacturing defect.

This is quite frustrating as this should not be the QC result of a watch with price tag of RM 18,700. I really hope that OMEGA can step up n strengthen the QC process. Based on the booklet on the warranty provided under manufacturing defect, I notice "in the event that repairs are unable to restore bla, bla, OMEGA guarantees of its replacement with OMEGA watch. Does this applied to my case?

Any one can help me on this? Is this normal? So far I had browsed all over the internet and no one had come across with this type of defect.

What can I do about this? Just contacted the retailer, he had mentioned something which is to replace the rotor part only. But the thing is I don't want my new PO being 'cut' open due to manufacturer's issue.  :'(

Can they just replace the watch like to like?

Appreciate your kind advise and expertise.

Cheers,

-hafiz-
Melaka

Offline harkensng

Re: Just bought Omega Planet Ocean 8500 + with Defect!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 05:37:19 AM »
Goodday!

Hi there!

Been observing this forum for quite sometimes. I am new to this forum. Hope can learn a lot from other sifu.

Recently, I bought a new watch (in fact last Saturday). My dream watch planet ocean 8500 42 mm with silver numerical.
I have been 'starving' and cut my spending just to buy my dream watch since 2012. Finally it was a dream came true, when on one fine Saturday afternoon (5/4/2014), I bought the PO!

After few rounds of negotiation, the retailer agreed with my offered price and the watch is mine! I was trembling to receive the watch because I was so happy.

Upon arriving at home, I started to look into details on every inches of the watch even I purposely rotate the bezel just to ensure it had 120 clicks! When I start to look behind the watch at the rotor that was when I realize the letter 'G' of OMEGA word at the rotor (back of the watch) was not fully coloured in Red as the rest of the wording.

A part from this defect, I notice that there is small dent on the second hand of the watch itself which is also part of manufacturing defect.

This is quite frustrating as this should not be the QC result of a watch with price tag of RM 18,700. I really hope that OMEGA can step up n strengthen the QC process. Based on the booklet on the warranty provided under manufacturing defect, I notice "in the event that repairs are unable to restore bla, bla, OMEGA guarantees of its replacement with OMEGA watch. Does this applied to my case?

Any one can help me on this? Is this normal? So far I had browsed all over the internet and no one had come across with this type of defect.

What can I do about this? Just contacted the retailer, he had mentioned something which is to replace the rotor part only. But the thing is I don't want my new PO being 'cut' open due to manufacturer's issue.  :'(

Can they just replace the watch like to like?

Appreciate your kind advise and expertise.

Cheers,

-hafiz-
Melaka

send the watch to swatch service centre and insist on replacement watch. Take some photos and post on some international forums like wus or purist or tz if swatch won't replace watch.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 06:35:02 AM »
Yeah, if watch is purchased thru official channel, can just bring the watch back to swatch service centre and demand for a replacement.
Always sorry to hear such stories. Hope everything works out for you in the end and keep us updated.
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 07:21:22 AM »
share your photos

Offline dpkong

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 07:54:52 PM »
Always ask for a loupe and use it thoroughly before handing over cash.

Offline Ian Fleming

• Freshie
  • "Don't Play The Fool" - The Late Sir Karpal Singh
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 11:41:15 AM »
Taking the advantage of the watch merely 1 week old from date of purchase, better send it back to the shop bro.

Offline Calibr

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 03:11:12 PM »
Omega should replace the watch. What a shame for them that such manufacturing defects escaped their factory QC.  :o