Author Topic: Casio Edifice Chronograph EF 530P 7AV  (Read 2510 times)

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
Casio Edifice Chronograph EF 530P 7AV
« on: March 10, 2014, 04:45:31 PM »
Hi all, here is my review of the Casio Edifice Chronograph EF 530P. BTW this is also my first review of a Japanese brand other than Seiko and Orient. ;D

I was captivated by the styling of this watch as it is a two tone styled watch, the bezel, crown, pushers and markers are plated in rose gold which I felt complemented the Stainless steel look very well indeed. And the crown features a stone capped type.(forgive me for the poor pictures  :P)

And a better picture from the website...

Technical Specifications:

Crystal: Mineral Glass, double domed
Caseback:Screw Lock engraved
Crown: Push in, stone capped
Pushers: non screwed
Water resistance:100-meter
Case / bezel material: Stainless steel, bezel rose gold plated
Band:Stainless Steel solid link and end link
Clasp:deployant z-style, signed buckle
Measuring capacity: 59'59
Measuring mode: Elapsed time
Date display: 4'oclock position
Dial: Analog,3 hands (hour, minute, stopwatch seconds),
Sub Dials:3 dials (timekeeping second, 24-hour, stopwatch minutes)
Accuracy: ±20 seconds per month
Approx. battery life: 2 years on SR927W
Size of case:?49?×?40.5?×?11.7?mm
Total weight: 135 g

General Overview:

On the whole, this watch I can say has great styling design with the two tone design. The rose gold plating is quite thick and personally, I think that the rose gold accents are just nice and not too overwhelming. Casio has struck the right balance between the two tones. The dial styling also is to be commended with the placement of two rhinestones as the 12 o'clock markers, and using rose gold colored hands and hour markers. Water resistance of 100m is an added bonus.

Chronograph functions:
The operations of the pushers is very smooth, not loose and not tight at all, just the right pressure needed. The chronograph moves in 1 sec increments and the flyback function operates smoothly too. The crown operation is abit loose for my liking, but still its sturdy and not wobbly as in some watches.

Crystal:
The crystal is made of double domed mineral glass, although it is quite easily scratched. The double dome helps to magnify somewhat the readings of the dial and allows easy reading of the time and time recorded. However, there is distortion if viewed on a parallel plane.

Case:
The case is made from stainless steel an is of a good sturdy construction, very well made I must say. It has a solid look to it, and the lugs are machined and integrates smoothly with the sides of the case. The size of the case is not too big, just average chrono sizes.

Bracelet:
The bracelet is of full stainless steel, and comprises of all solid links. It also features solid end links. The links are adjusted via split pins, typical of Casio watches. A very solid feel and good balance of mirror and brushed finishes, contributing to an elegant look. The clasp is a push button deployant clasp with Edifice signed.

In conclusion, this is a very well made, well designed watch. Exudes elegance and understated style, a watch which is fit for all occasions. This watch is actually a couples watch set but both are purchased separately. Personally of the two dial color variations, i prefer the white over the black. Enjoy....  :Cheers:

Seiko fan.....