Author Topic: Seiko SARX019 Enamel Dial  (Read 12288 times)

Offline davidtth

Seiko SARX019 Enamel Dial
« on: March 02, 2014, 09:52:06 AM »
My first acquire watch for year 2014, i must say i'm pretty lucky to grab one before it sold out everywhere in very short period of time. Seiko with Enamel dial, this is not the first time they made Enamel, first model comes in black lacquer with red 12 rome wording with Limited Edition, a very sell-able model and after that Seiko had recently came out with blue flamed hand version which is the Seiko SARX019 model

this model category into Seiko Presage model, where automatics is the priority range with classic design.

Enamel Dial
the most interesting part about this watch is the enamel dial, the dial is basically made by powder by using traditional baking method, to get a perfect baked enamel there are many thing to concern, in other words it require a lot process and attempt to make a perfect enamel, the craftsmanship require highly skill to do the job right. I'm not an expert to explain this, here the links for more info about how it is done

http://www.mkmotorsport.com/watches_Patek_enamel.htm 

from pix above shows closer look on the date window, many had question why it was not cut in square instead a slightly curve/round in shape. i do believe its due to the nature of enamel could not be cut into sharp edge which may potentially crack the dial? enamel is somehow looks like porcelain. beside, enamel dial require cares in order to ensure the white is long lasting such as avoid too much sunlight especially hot weather shine direct to the watch and etc

another closer look on the dial, from far its white, from near you can see the powder color dot on the surface of the watch, i wasn't sure if its the perfect enamel example as enamel watch usually comes with super duper price, as for this Seiko enamel i would say it must be the cheapest enamel watch can get in the market for now? :)

from certain light angle, the place with hole punch (hands and window date) is somehow curved in, you may not simply see the curve in normal light view, it only show some shadow while the lights hits on the actual angle, tried my best to take the photo to show as some member here asked me the difference of enamel dial

Blue flamed hand
I always love white hand blue hand combination of watch which shows the most classic design in watch, good thing about flamed blue is that it does not using color to paint which potentially color tear off. To make a nicely flamed blue hand the temperature and timing must be precisely to get the best looking

a highly cropped famous moon second hand, unique and emotional lovely  ;D

Finishing and Quality 
I'm surprise this watch is highly polished with exceptional as good, or near to the Grand Seiko standard ! again its pretty hard to take a photo of the case, the only different i can tell is Grand Seiko comes with a lot more solid metal compare to this normal Seiko, hence the price different too

6R movement
my first 6R15 movement, nothing much to comment, many had commented the accuracy is always running slow, it is about -3 to -5 second a day, i'm still thinking if i were to open it to regulate or just let it be

Conclusion

i'm very happy to say that i was lucky to grab one before sold out everywhere, its my first Enamel dial with a very very good price for this dial i had paid. Is this a good keeper? no doubt, keeping it for sure ! and i'm pretty sure i could not affort any Swiss made enamel dial that cost at least 30k above :D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 09:55:02 AM by davidtth »

Offline dualcarb

Re: Seiko SARX019 Enamel Dial
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 01:04:11 PM »
Thank you for the quick review David...this really is a great watch and you are lucky to be able to grab it before it's gone off the shelves. Personally, I would never buy two watches of the same brand. But somehow Seiko has a certain magic and has cast a spell on many of us here...so I happily attest that I have 2 Seiko watches which I love...and I am sure that many of us here has much more than that  :Cheers:

DC

Offline Jimmy Wong

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 04:15:07 PM »
David,

Sure is a beauty. Sure is more beautiful than the SARX 013, 015 & 017.

Your Photo taken of your Seiko SARX019 posted is  :thumbsup:

Cheers :Cheers:

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 03:19:02 PM »
Nice watch, great buy.

Love the hands.  :thumbsup:
Seiko fan.....

Offline davidtth

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 07:17:24 AM »
dualcrab - you were right, owning one Seiko is never enough  ;D

Jimmy and Jeep - thanks! glad you like it :)

someone had share a link in WUS, very interesting read about Seiko Enamel Sifu, the only person who make enamel for Seiko, the work of art

http://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/tokinowaza/yokozawa/horo/

link in Japanese language, google chrome with translator may help :)

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 07:29:11 AM »
dualcrab - you were right, owning one Seiko is never enough  ;D

Jimmy and Jeep - thanks! glad you like it :)

someone had share a link in WUS, very interesting read about Seiko Enamel Sifu, the only person who make enamel for Seiko, the work of art

http://www.seiko-watch.co.jp/tokinowaza/yokozawa/horo/

link in Japanese language, google chrome with translator may help :)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Seiko fan.....

Offline Laktos Kid

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 12:45:01 PM »
i recently bought a seiko 5 as well, the price i paid for was a bargain compared to what the watch offers and i must say this piece is even stunning ! Will grab 1 for myself if i ever saw it laying around in any shops  ;D

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 05:13:28 PM »
i recently bought a seiko 5 as well, the price i paid for was a bargain compared to what the watch offers and i must say this piece is even stunning ! Will grab 1 for myself if i ever saw it laying around in any shops  ;D

Seiko 5 are a bargain for your money. Those watches are the best budget autos u can get in the market.
Seiko fan.....

Offline watchesQ

• #1st Watches Store
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 06:43:26 PM »
Great review but it's more expensive. :D
Best Watches Store @http://cheapwatches.for-kids.info

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 03:03:33 PM »
Saw one same Presage in a dealer in JB, the price was like   :Startled: and :o