Author Topic: perrelet, union  (Read 2990 times)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
perrelet, union
« on: April 07, 2009, 08:36:13 AM »

The new Turbine collection from Perrelet

this 1 look better to me...

i think since swatch took over.... UNION lost all...all ETA movement.... just for the sake of swatch strategy to sell cheaper and not to compete with its bro GO.... this their basel watch.... ai... Movement is the Union caliber U25892A2 (base ETA 2892). MSRP is 1,380 Euros

Movement is the Union caliber U25892A2 (base ETA 2892). MSRP is 1,380 Euros... crazy price with eta movement

Offline danny

• Administrator
Re: perrelet, union
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 02:23:53 PM »
Yenfoolun,
I agree with you that Swatch's strategy for Union is very sad in that they are being forced to play second fiddle to GO.
Do you know if they just plunk in the standard ETA assembled movement into their watches or do they execute their own finishing like IWC?
I have not seen Union watches around town. Who, if anybody, is carrying the Union brand locally?
 :Cheers:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Re: perrelet, union
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 03:22:24 PM »
Yenfoolun,
I agree with you that Swatch's strategy for Union is very sad in that they are being forced to play second fiddle to GO.
Do you know if they just plunk in the standard ETA assembled movement into their watches or do they execute their own finishing like IWC?
I have not seen Union watches around town. Who, if anybody, is carrying the Union brand locally?
 :Cheers:

not sure.... 3 yrs ago i registered my interest n their website... they sent me a nice brochure.....
i was stunned with the in house german made 3/4 plate movement at affordable price....
i nearly committed to it... then stopped by my friend.... he said dont buy small brand like this... u will lost alot....
but then after swatch took over.... no more in house movement.... i actually regret that i never buy it.....