Author Topic: The Invicta  (Read 19899 times)

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
The Invicta
« on: June 29, 2010, 08:03:59 PM »
Clearly I am new in this homage watches...

I bought two watch a while ago from american brand Invicta. It wasnt my intention that time that this could be a homage watch.At the time of purchase, I am not familiar with the concept of homage. However, i do realize that Invicta do have watches that look like Rolex

So, I bought this two watches (at separate time)

One is Invicta Corduba Oversized and the other is the Invicta Men Force Collection Automatic Rose Gold.

When i bought the watch (both time) i didnt realize but once it arrived on my hand i realized that

a) The Invicta Corduba Oversized is quite similar to either U-Boat or TW Steel Canteen
Review - http://zhenendeavor.blogspot.com/2010/03/invicta-mens-corduba-oversized.html
b) The Invicta Men Force do look like a Hublot watches.
Review - http://zhenendeavor.blogspot.com/2010/04/verdict-case-no-820108.html

I know you guys would prefer me reposting the review here, i cant copy all, i think it is kindda long and all the pictures...i hope you understand but this a short review

The Invicta Corduba Oversized is a huge watch at 52mm. The build look and feel solid, but look into details you would find or feel like the case are freshly taken from CNC machine. They should have make slightly better finishing. Powered by the MIyota Quartz, it has chrono function. The dials are really beautifull, it remind me of an old railway station. Check out pic below and the link if you wish to view more.

Whilst the Men Force Collection is an automatic watch using Miyota.Pretty accurate but then again, I am not bothered with few second a day. Power reserve at 42 hours, the watch are simple awesome and handsome. The gold rose plating and the design are eye catcher. But what I am impressed most would be the soft rubber strap with unique link which make it feel so comfortable. The case is 47mm with display case back.

Both are great watches, but my question now would be ....would this be considered as homage watch??? Any comment ?
Some picture for your viewing pleasure...guess which one is which ?

Offline danny

• Administrator
Re: The Invicta
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 11:19:56 AM »
Good review of the Invicta.
I noted that you ordered the watch online. I believe Invicta is now being distributed locally, but model availability is limited.

:Cheers:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 11:50:51 AM »
I was in Pav and they now have a stall there!

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 05:02:54 PM »
Guys

Indeed i bought the watch online. And I notice that they are now finally available locally by SolarTime. You can find it at Pavillion, Sunway Pyramid, Mines and others.

But It seem it is way overpriced here in Malaysia.

:)

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 06:21:16 PM »
It is always cheaper direct from the source.

Offline shijiko_7

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 04:17:43 PM »
Saw this on Sales.... over the net and the Invicta 8926 also... TEMPTING.. but i just got my Orange Monster.. so .. ARght!!

Offline adrian

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 09:07:31 PM »
Saw this on Sales.... over the net and the Invicta 8926 also... TEMPTING.. but i just got my Orange Monster.. so .. ARght!!

No worries. Buy now, suffer later!  ;D

Offline shijiko_7

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 09:37:48 PM »

No worries. Buy now, suffer later!  ;D

Bro.. my contracts finis d.. no more income.. i buy means my family will have to suffer.. not me.. aheahehahe

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 01:37:50 PM »
is there any way we can sell our soul??? i like to sell one...perhaps good enough to buy me one Graham and one PAM original one.....can r????

Offline shijiko_7

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 02:16:43 PM »
is there any way we can sell our soul??? i like to sell one...perhaps good enough to buy me one Graham and one PAM original one.....can r????

Dude... ur soul only cost RM20k? haehaheehaheha that is kinda "cheap" .. i will sell my soul to any"one" who is willing to let me live like a king in a nice remoted beach in some remoted island .... with free flow of beer and food...unlimited no need to pay back credit card.... any takers?

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 02:37:08 PM »
well i will sell mine really cheap...hehehehe...for damn good watch
but Graham + PAM will cost at least RM 50k la..at least the model i want...hehhehe

Offline shijiko_7

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 02:40:40 PM »
well i will sell mine really cheap...hehehehe...for damn good watch
but Graham + PAM will cost at least RM 50k la..at least the model i want...hehhehe

Haehaheah.. u AIM too high d... there are some good decent model... below ur price also.. but if u can afford it. what the heck.. get it! haehehaeh

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 02:49:36 PM »
well this is how i always see it...to buy the basic PAM, i might be able to buy a few other watches i like ....but then again it is PAM...
but what can a basic PAM do for me...satisfy my lust for a while??? then i will crave for more...

Which is why, my aim and interest is the one that is a bit pricey....hehehheh, i know it would be difficult to own one, but if ever i could do it, it would be very satisfying one...and im sure the journey would be quite memorable...that sweetened the deal aite...but for Graham...well the Oversize Turbo always cost that much...what can i do???hehheheh blame them for pricing it that way....hehehhe

Offline shijiko_7

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 02:53:14 PM »
well this is how i always see it...to buy the basic PAM, i might be able to buy a few other watches i like ....but then again it is PAM...
but what can a basic PAM do for me...satisfy my lust for a while??? then i will crave for more...

Which is why, my aim and interest is the one that is a bit pricey....hehehheh, i know it would be difficult to own one, but if ever i could do it, it would be very satisfying one...and im sure the journey would be quite memorable...that sweetened the deal aite...but for Graham...well the Oversize Turbo always cost that much...what can i do???hehheheh blame them for pricing it that way....hehehhe

BRo.. i am sure u will be able to get one.. SOON... :)

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 02:54:17 PM »
thanks bro...hehehe

Offline shijiko_7

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 05:15:42 PM »
Bro.. how's invicta so far? I am really considering the 8926C from the "A***on" site for the purchse........

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 03:31:27 PM »
No complaint. I have one Quartz and one  AUTO...
It is not the most accurate...not the greatest of all...but it is good enough for my wallet...good price...good quality....
heheh

Offline Johnny Bravo

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 08:43:45 AM »
bro, that sales girl at pavilion told me it is swiss movement, the quartz & the automatic. I look at the back of watch, it did mention Swiss movement....or this sales girl is trying to con me? wouldn't be the first time though.. :Mad:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 09:08:26 AM »
As I know, it use Swiss movement indeed but the lowest quality one!

The lowest quality eta 2824 compare with a cosc eta2824 has a few hundred usd different!

One parts in brass the other rodhium plated
one with cheaper rubies the other using high grade
one with cheaper hair spring the other with the anachron
etc 

Offline engkow

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 08:24:47 AM »
Chris,
Today, I learn something that same movement, different quality and material used.
Thank.