Author Topic: A little of your opinions needed. Thank you  (Read 9964 times)

Offline Ek lex

Re: A little of your opinions needed. Thank you
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2014, 10:36:07 PM »
Thank you all once again for the kind advice and opinions...

Today was the last day that I was wearing this

And I went to buy this

After purchasing the GS...I put both watches side by side...sorry forgot to take side by side pics. But there was no doubt in my mind that the GS is the more attractive piece...to me at least...no disrespect to the IWC lovers out there as I have had an IWC in my possession for over 10 years starting with the 3706.           

So therefore, I decided to say goodbye to the IWC 3717...and a big HELLO to my GS SBGR 083

Can't be a happier man  :Cheers:

DC

The IWC does look a bit clumsy for the size, further fattened by the wide bracelet. I have a similar watch with 42mm case and 22mm bracelet with minimum taper, I did not enjoy wearing it, and it doesn't match my medium to small wrist size, but after I replace the bracelet to a leather strap which taper from 22mm to 18mm, it wears like a total different watch! And it's back to my wrist now! ;-)

Anyhow, Chinese has a saying, old ones don't go new ones won't come! In the occasion with CNY around the corner, I think the timing is just right, comgrats on the simple yet elegant watch! Wear it in good health!

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2014, 05:14:04 AM »
Thanks again for the love guys...I am always looking at the Seiko, and is just blown away by the simplicity and elegance of the watch. As for the IWC, I did have a leather bracelet for it and switch it around sometimes. I still find it a little "big" for my taste...maybe I'm growing old...or maybe the Seiko is not as "flashy" as the IWC, as I want an understated watch...simple, classic, elegant...

DC

Offline contender

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2014, 10:57:33 AM »
Congrats on your new Grand Seiko !!  :thumbsup:

Mind to PM me how much you pay for that stunning beauty where you got it and you mention you work as flight attendant .... so would have been to many parts of the world, where is the best place or should I say cheapest to buy watches ? Thanks mate :Cheers:

Offline enkil

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2014, 03:34:18 PM »
Congrats   :Cheers:

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2014, 08:14:03 PM »
PM sent...

And thanks again guys...really love this watch...here is a shot of the display back, but only shot with my phone. Sorry can't get proper macro shots as it is quite tricky with a very inquisitive 2 year old son running around kacau-ing me...

And a front shot...

Congrats on your new Grand Seiko !!  :thumbsup:

Mind to PM me how much you pay for that stunning beauty where you got it and you mention you work as flight attendant .... so would have been to many parts of the world, where is the best place or should I say cheapest to buy watches ? Thanks mate :Cheers:

Offline jason_recliner

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2014, 06:15:47 AM »
Man, did you ever make the right choice!

That is just an absoluite cracker of a watch.  If you ever decide to sell...

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2014, 06:21:07 AM »
Nice shot man, makes me want to get one even more.  :thumbsup:
Seiko fan.....