Author Topic: New Ipad air.....good?  (Read 7670 times)

Offline ainamafan

New Ipad air.....good?
« on: December 20, 2013, 06:58:10 AM »
Not sure want to get this Ipad Air from which Telco ... anyone can give me some idea? any place sell the cheaper price? Not sure wanted to buy new one or sign package .. my old contract will ending soon. Looks like is fine to sign new contract right? I think is worth to buy Ipad air more than Ipad 4 , what you think?

Offline kooimin87

Re: New Ipad air.....good?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 07:01:57 AM »
I don think Ipad Air very similar with Ipad 4 la.. it is much more lighter in weight...if not mistaken is only 500g. Anyway with the new A7 chip..there will be much improvement on the apps. Try see Celcom ..the cheapest package you can get us 16GB RM1248 with 24 month contract.

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 07:18:58 AM »
With such size and weight, any problems with the case flexing? Also, fragility issue (please take note parents with children!!)
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline tuliperfancy

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 08:09:15 AM »
i was not a big fans for apple products previously, but this ipad air really attracted me with their improvement on facetime features, their reviews saying the video quality is getting better now.
might get 1 for my parents so they can facetime anytime with me with smoother images, also can cut the phone call cost. but i m now concerned about the pricing..... out of my budget.. how leh?

Offline thomasim87

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 12:58:54 PM »
i personally think this not really worth since it is more or less the same with ipad 4, some more with the new name of 'iPad Air' then they can sell for price higher than ipad 4 RM 500. really rocket price.

anyways, i will go for ipad mini, lower price and almost same quality, most importantly is the price not exceeded RM 2000.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 03:47:30 PM »
For tablets, I would stick with the cheaper Androids.. because at the prices of ipad, it's more logical to up the budget slightly and get a real Windows tablet.

Has no one noticed how with every OS update, the devices that used to work perfectly are now so slow, you just have to upgrade to a newer one.

Offline Alvin-8880

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 10:24:34 PM »
iPad is the king of tablet. In fact it is my 1st Apple product. I don't hv iPhone nor MacBook. I am a Windows guy.

iPad Air scores 5stars throughout reviews, how can it not the best ?

I surf MWF in bed before sleep. It has the best user interface. No challenge so far.

Android is good at smart phone currently. Catching up with tablet. Let's see.

Offline RomieTan007

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 12:32:38 PM »
I have use Ipad previously... now the Ipad Air is so much lighter than previous model. Anyway I do not know where should I buy from as well....hard to make decision.

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 12:49:29 PM »

I surf MWF in bed before sleep. It has the best user interface. No challenge so far.

This sound familiar, hehehe... ;D :D ;D :D
watchManU

Offline iamyourfazaaa

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 10:15:45 PM »

This sound familiar, hehehe... ;D :D ;D :D

Sounds familiar to me too... :p

Offline sypuah

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 12:37:50 PM »
Ipad air- light weight of iPad, faster and smaller.
Disadvantage- battery drain faster compare with old version one. :Dancing_banana:

Offline Laktos Kid

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 10:20:38 PM »
Never owned any iOS device in my life, only Android. The thing which keeps me from even thinking of buying the Air is the price difference from iPad 4, i know is only few hundred but still.... :HammerHead:

Offline chenht

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 06:06:03 AM »
Ipad air- light weight of iPad, faster and smaller.
Disadvantage- battery drain faster compare with old version one. :Dancing_banana:

WiFi reception is also poorer compared to the old one.
16710, 116710TT, 116610LV, PAM00312,  Santos & Tank

Offline spacewalker

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 01:02:25 PM »
hi.

I just planning to sell my iPad 3 to upgrade to iPad Air interested pm me  :Laughing_on_floor:. Apple claim they upgrade the ipad air wifi with MIMO technology and the battery capacity and use same as the old ipad about 10 hours. After read the battery issue and wifi reception issue, I might think twice before upgrade. In my experience with my iPad 3, to achive 10 hour battery life, the brightness need to set as minimum as possible and not playing music/movie. The wifi reception for my ipad is good but is it quite difficult to get cellular signal in rural area or in a building. I think this quite common with most of tablet.

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 07:22:07 AM »
I think it all boils down to what exactly you plan to do on your iPad. Do you really need the biggest, slimmest, best iPad sold in the market right now?

Years ago, I bought the iPad2 on impulse. While the whole world seemed to be queuing for it, I had the chance to buy one off the shelf with no queue, no people, no hassle. Big regret, because I barely had any use for the damn thing. Yes, the occasional Skype, and some games, but as a device the surf the internet, I prefer to sit in front of a PC.

Recently, I sold my iPad2 and bought an iPad Mini instead. For me, the form factor was good -- easy to lug along, great screen (I showcase my pics via iPad occasionally), and it does everything else decently. I've even gone one step further by purchasing some digital mags so that I can read (something I'd never considered with my iPad2 -- too heavy!). Wifi reception isn't as good as my iPad2 or my iPhone, but it is bearable in most scenarios.

So I guess my answer is... do you really need an iPad 4?  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline spacewalker

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2014, 02:05:02 PM »
hi.

I just bought iPad Air wifi + LTE 16 gb (black) last week. First thing I notice is the weight, comparing to my old one iPad 3, I could feel the difference. Lighter than my old iPad. The A7 chip with 64-bit architecture and M7 motion processor bring the bit difference surfing web. With my ipad 3, the multiple window during browsing will refresh when you try to switch among the website, with the A7 chip 64 bit architecture I could browse website like a laptop. The retina display is more sharp than my old ipad 3. The speed is quicker and the battery last around 10 hours with the brightness set close to minimize. I will not update my iPad Air ios to the next one, because my iPad 3 become slower and not responsive after updated to ios7 from the ios 6. I think the hardware not compatible or unable to support the feature of ios 7. Overall, yes it is just a slight improvement compare to the predecessor iPad but still bring the new experience using iPad. :)

Offline dpkong

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, 04:34:44 PM »
hi.

I just bought iPad Air wifi + LTE 16 gb (black) last week. First thing I notice is the weight, comparing to my old one iPad 3, I could feel the difference. Lighter than my old iPad. The A7 chip with 64-bit architecture and M7 motion processor bring the bit difference surfing web. With my ipad 3, the multiple window during browsing will refresh when you try to switch among the website, with the A7 chip 64 bit architecture I could browse website like a laptop. The retina display is more sharp than my old ipad 3. The speed is quicker and the battery last around 10 hours with the brightness set close to minimize. I will not update my iPad Air ios to the next one, because my iPad 3 become slower and not responsive after updated to ios7 from the ios 6. I think the hardware not compatible or unable to support the feature of ios 7. Overall, yes it is just a slight improvement compare to the predecessor iPad but still bring the new experience using iPad. :)

It's a technology trick used almost by everyone that any software upgrades will usually require a hardware upgrade. Else Apple won't be able to maintain sales considering how solidly the hardware is made.

Offline noobzpro

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 09:44:21 PM »
Get it if u really see it working in your lifestyle...its a good device with a beautiful igzo panel.

Offline vtecdiehard

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 08:41:06 AM »
Definitely a good thing to have but I would prefer Tab as it's lighter with better functions :)
Maybe that's just me
Living the life to fullest