Author Topic: Newbie Noobs  (Read 7871 times)

Offline Negisf

Newbie Noobs
« on: May 27, 2013, 07:02:14 AM »
Hi every1 here..

I've always been interested in watches since my teenagers days,. but couldn't afford to get anything back then..
So when i got my first watch - Seiko Chronograph, with my saving from payroll, was pretty excited about the ownership of my first 'real' watch..
And then along the way, i got a couple of extra few watches but all are those lower range watch from Swatch, Fossil, Citizen, Casio...
And then, those watch served me well for 4-5 years till today.. and i thought of getting something from the mid lower range, maybe something that cost around RM2,000-3,000.

Get advise from my friend who is a watch person, he recommended a few models from several brand that is within then price range,
And as i slowly chat with him, i get more fascinated with Watches, and decided to upgrade my budget for a better piece..
which i finally went to Publika Watch Club and got myself this: Omega Seamaster 300M Chronometer (America Cup) edition..

Yeah.. it's a pre-owned piece.. Couldn't afford a brand new 1 at the moment.. Hopefully 1 day i'll be able to buy a brand new masterpiece..

BTW i was wondering does any members here has this watch too? I was informed that this watch is no longer in production,
so was wondering what was the retail price back then.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 07:05:01 AM by Negisf »

Offline Empty Tree 8

Re: Newbie Noobs
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 07:21:21 AM »
Welcome to the forum. You certainly seem to be enjoying the journey....and that's the best part. Very nice Seamaster, just have to take note that new is not necessarily better than pre-owned, all things considered. Personally, I prefer and enjoy the chase for a pre-owned  rather than walking into a boutique....I find that the anticipation is much better than the gratification at the end....pardon me if we have moving into the realm of BDSM  :Laughing_on_floor: 

Anyway, enjoy your stay and your journey. Cheers!  :Cheers:

Offline watzisname

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 07:24:24 AM »
Welcome! Did you just post on lowyat watch thread?

Offline Negisf

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 07:40:42 AM »
Welcome to the forum. You certainly seem to be enjoying the journey....and that's the best part. Very nice Seamaster, just have to take note that new is not necessarily better than pre-owned, all things considered. Personally, I prefer and enjoy the chase for a pre-owned  rather than walking into a boutique....I find that the anticipation is much better than the gratification at the end....pardon me if we have moving into the realm of BDSM  :Laughing_on_floor: 
Anyway, enjoy your stay and your journey. Cheers!  :Cheers:

Yup. I liked it very much.. actually i went there to get another piece, a Mido Multifort Chronograph,
but the minute i saw this Seamaster, i know i'm in loved.. It's love at first sight..
So immediately register and sign wedding cert (c.card payment slip)..
Hahahaaa

Welcome! Did you just post on lowyat watch thread?

Yup. I actually went there first, because i didn't know that we have an active watch forum in M'sia..
But after i got that watch n google somestuff, i come across this forum..
If i've been awared of this forum earlier, i could have gotten more info..
And there's a massive pre-owned watch from members here too..

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 07:48:34 AM »
Congrats on the purchase of your Omega.
I used to own several and had excellent experience with most of them on accuracy, reliabilty and bullet proof construction.
There is a titanium and gold version of this America Cup which is absolutely gorgeous due to the grey metal/red gold combi. Very hard to find and fetches high value pre-owned.

Care to share on Publika Watch Club..is it a grey dealer for new and also pre-owned watches?
How is the choice there in terms of brands sold, etc..
Thanks..
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline rusminag

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 08:36:04 AM »
I used to own several and had excellent experience with most of them on accuracy, reliabilty and bullet proof construction.
There is a titanium and gold version of this America Cup which is absolutely gorgeous due to the grey metal/red gold combi. Very hard to find and fetches high value pre-owned.

Care to share on Publika Watch Club..is it a grey dealer for new and also pre-owned watches?
Thanks..

JOS, still looking for your SD??
Don't Waste Time, Go for Rolex

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 08:55:10 AM »
hi Rusmin,
if I can find one in mint condition & complete set at fair mkt price, sure
Otherwise I'll look for it on my Japan trip later this year. Tons of pre-owned Rollies there at v good prices...much lower than here.

JOS, still looking for your SD??
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 06:13:02 PM »

Welcome to MWF. That's a really nice Seamaster.

Offline kenji1903

• My travel blog :P
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 11:33:17 AM »

Thanks..
was in Publika for breakfast last weekend and stumbled upon this Watch Club...

didn't go in though, seems like a grey dealer, there were pre-loved Rolex, Cartiers, PAMs...
quite a selection of new and pre-loved PAMs though...

was searching for more info on this dealer...

Offline skuirtgun

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 11:30:13 AM »
Nothing wrong with buying a used watch. As a matter of fact I only buy used watches. New watch will lose value as soon as you hit the door. But with used/vintage watches, depending on which model, will rise in value if you bought it at a good/bargain price to begin with. Something to ponder about...

Offline skuirtgun

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2013, 11:30:49 AM »
...and welcome on board  :)

Offline nasa

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 01:36:09 PM »
Welcome aboard Negisf...Nice Omega u have there.. :thumbsup:

WRT Publica..Been there few times..Price slightly on the upper side even for grey dealer std..Mbe because of the high overhead cost (security guard, high rental etc)..But their watches collection are quite good..