Author Topic: Marina Militare  (Read 5916 times)

Offline ckng515

• Merchants
    • WISparadise
Marina Militare
« on: April 03, 2009, 09:25:08 AM »
A poor man PAM 217 homage.
Saw it from our neighbour country watch forum there were a lots of them selling this brand!
Originally it's from Hong Kong if i'm not wrong.I bought it because i wanted to have a feel of a giant 47mm on my 6.5 inches wrist.
as a result,
It's too big and i have to really forget about the real PAM127 and 217. ;D

For More Updates please visit my online store at:
https://www.facebook.com/wisparadise

Offline Cocobean

Re: Marina Militare
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 01:00:46 PM »
A poor man PAM 217 homage.
Saw it from our neighbour country watch forum there were a lots of them selling this brand!
Originally it's from Hong Kong if i'm not wrong.I bought it because i wanted to have a feel of a giant 47mm on my 6.5 inches wrist.
as a result,
It's too big and i have to really forget about the real PAM127 and 217. ;D

Brother,

I *salute* you , you bought it just because you wanted to have a feel of giant 47mm on your wrist . Having so many toys in your 'toy box' , your missus doesn't make any noise at all ?

Btw, 47 mm is huge for me, 44mm is just nice

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 02:19:15 PM »
As WIS, we have this 'killing' urge on acquisition on certain watch that is a 'must have' scenario. I have the same feeling when I saw the PAM 217 (1950) in one of the store at Sg Wang. The owner of that store (a hongkie) is kind enough to let me handle this particular PAM. It was huge and comes with a huge price too. The image just could not get off from my mind...just like Scott had experience on the big pilot...lol (sorry, Scott, had to bring this up again).

So, what to do?....Well, shamelessly I bought an 'asian' PAM 1950 (47mm) ...just to kill my urge..mah.  Surprisingly, it just sat comfortably on my punky wrist. well, now i still wear it for fun and for novelty sake. I have a wrist shot of this PAM but it 'impolite' to post any 'after-market items' here?.

And utmost, it really take care of my urges as not to commit heavily on this model.

As for the other 'poor mans' version of PAM 217, I wish all the best of luck on your next acquisition of the real one.

my 2 cents
DC
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 03:42:13 PM »
No problem Dave :)

I tried that 217 too (the same shop Dave's mentioned) and I was surprise it doesn't feel 47mm on my small wrist (BP is about same size tooooooo...damn!!) I think that's because the strap is thick and the lug is nicely curve to cover/hold on my wrist...yes! The shop owner has that 217 "On Display Only"...but you can get him to sell you if you willing to pay big $ I think he offer me before (casually, no serious bargin), around 65K!

CK, any plan coming over to KL? Let me/us know and we can organise a GTG again.

btw, silverstan, you coming back this month end right? Do keep us update so that we can organise a meet up too ;D

Cheers!
SC

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 03:52:04 PM »
47mm is big....
i remember when i bought the rxw mm20 few yrs back.... it really like wearing a clock... since i use to wear small watches before that....
it really bit weird to me... ppl around me also like putting  pressure on me... so i sold it later...

now after yrs of 44mm watches... it will be hard for me to go below 40mm...
i even sold my beloved rxw plasmir milgraph 7750.... just because it is  40mm....

Offline Alvin-8880

If 47mm is big..
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 06:45:25 PM »
what about the new 60mm ? Humongous ? ??? ;D

Offline Cocobean

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 06:50:51 PM »
Hey Dave,

I fully understand what you meant by ' killing urge ' , i believed most of us here gone through that struggling moment where you cant' sleep well at night with the 'picture' of your favourite watch keep flashing in your mind like a slide shows; to the extend your partner asks why are you not sleeping yet. Sounds familiar huh ?

Scott,

How long did you suffered until you finally acquired and put your IWC BP on your wrist ? days, weeks or months ?

Offline silverstan

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 10:31:22 PM »
Scott,

yea, i will going back at 22nd April, my photo shooting session at 25th April, after that will be my free time till 2nd May.
we can arrange GTG on that time.  :Cheers:

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 07:47:38 AM »
Cool! Let's meet up then...sshark is back on 1st May too...so, ideally, if we can all make it 1st May that will be good...will arrange that later ;)

Hopefully by then, my BP wait is over  :Cheers:

Offline Leftear

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 12:22:51 PM »
I once bought it while shopping at Sungai Wang  :P according to the dealer, the watch was China-made  :D serving the same purpose of "killing urge"  :Laughing_on_floor:

http://www.panerai.com/s_special_editions.xpd?id_lingua=2&id_sezione=16&id_prodotto=860&id_categoria=47