Author Topic: My ALS Langematik Perpetual  (Read 28491 times)

Offline RaymondT

Re: My ALS Langematik Perpetual
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 05:45:26 AM »
Finally ! And I was like  :Startled:!

Offline nightwatchman

• Freshie
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 06:24:45 AM »
how do you top this???

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 06:39:43 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong and advance apologies to owners of even more complicated watches if any, this is the grandest watch displayed to-date by a MWF member (and a very recent one at that) since I joined in 2012 and possibly also the costliest?
The other MWF member (also very new to MWF then) who created such a hooh-hah during MWF 4th Ann Gtg was 'primus' with the PP Perpetual & meteorite dial Daytona but no news since.

The record and very high benchmark is now set.... :'(

For awhile at least, its going to be hard to be excited about other lesser watches.... :(

Perhaps we should start a MWF Hall of Fame with a few categories..such as 'Rookie WIS (< 1 year membership or xx number of posts, WIS  and Veteran WIS (member since the 1st year of formation)

Another title we already 'unofficially' have  ;D  is Thread of the Year so there could be 'MWF Watch Acquisition of the Year'. I'd like to nominate el118 for this award.

Mark my words, this thread will garner one of the highest counts eventually.

how do you top this???
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 07:47:11 AM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline el118

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2013, 08:12:26 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong and advance apologies to owners of even more complicated watches if any, this is the grandest watch displayed to-date by a MWF member (and a very recent one at that) since I joined in 2012 and possibly also the costliest?
The other MWF member (also very new to MWF then) who created such a hooh-hah during MWF 4th Ann Gtg was 'primus' with the PP Perpetual & meteorite dial Daytona but no news since.

For awhile at least, its going to be hard to be excited about other lesser watches.... :(

Perhaps we should start a MWF Hall of Fame with a few categories..such as 'Rookie WIS (< 1 year membership or xx number of posts, WIS  and Veteran WIS (member since the 1st year of formation)

Another title we already 'unofficially' have  ;D  is Thread of the Year so there could be 'MWF Watch Acquisition of the Year'. I'd like to nominate el118 for this award.

how do you top this???

Thank you for all the kind words and encouragement. I believe there must be something "grander" or "holier" than mine, just that they dun bother to write a review.  :D

I do hope they got some inspiration and finally come out and share their masterpieces for all of us to admire. ( I got mine from u Joseph! Salute ur enthusiasm ! :thumbsup:)

Offline euclidorus

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 05:32:40 PM »
Such a well proportioned and balanced dial despite the complications. Pure class. Congrats.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2013, 07:01:31 AM »
A ALS perpetual calendar.  :shocked1:

What a watch. Very sophisticate yet elegantly present. A keeper in my book.

Congratulation on acquiring this treasure.

Regard
Tyler 

Offline el118

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2013, 09:17:46 AM »
A ALS perpetual calendar.  :shocked1:

What a watch. Very sophisticate yet elegantly present. A keeper in my book.

Congratulation on acquiring this treasure.

Regard
Tyler

Hi bro, thanks for ur advice. When r u going to show some of ur masterpieces for us to admire?

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2013, 01:30:00 PM »
In due time. I'm quite slow in writing review. Paiseh. :P

Regard
Tyler

Offline nasa

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2013, 03:11:37 PM »
Definitely MWF Watch Acquisition of The Year!! Hands down...Makes me drool with envy...Wear it in good health bro... :Cheers:

how do you top this???

Offline el118

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2013, 03:27:43 PM »

Regard
Tyler

With ur indepth knowledge about watches n ur unbelievable collection, why parishes. We look forward to it!

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2013, 06:25:13 AM »
Tyler..tell you what.
Pass me one of your goodies one at a time each weekend and I'll write the review for you complete with pics.. :laugh:
How's that for a grateful friend's offer.... :Laughing_on_floor:

Regard
Tyler
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline el118

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2013, 09:31:10 AM »
Tyler..tell you what.
Pass me one of your goodies one at a time each weekend and I'll write the review for you complete with pics.. :laugh:

Regard
Tyler

I second that! But Jo that would keep u busy for years.... I supposed ;D

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2013, 06:32:41 PM »
joyfully busy, I may add. ;D

Tyler..tell you what.

Regard
Tyler

Offline el118

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2013, 07:05:23 PM »
joyfully busy, I may add. ;D

Tyler..tell you what.

Regard
Tyler

then we should sit tight with joyful anticipation  :Praying:

Offline Calibr

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2013, 10:02:23 AM »
Money, and the willingness to spend it, makes many wonderful things possible! At RM294,000 a piece MSRP, this watch is indeed a grail (read - not available) to most!

Fantastic pictures, great write-up, and what a watch! The hallmarks beside the PT950 are another great feature not seen in many watches cased in precious metals! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just curious, el118, do you actually wear this outstanding watch going out? I know of a young 30-something Chinese CEO who wears a Richard Mille as a daily beater, even when going out for drinks or dinner in the PJ area!

Offline el118

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2013, 10:26:40 AM »
Money, and the willingness to spend it, makes many wonderful things possible! At RM294,000 a piece MSRP, this watch is indeed a grail (read - not available) to most!

Fantastic pictures, great write-up, and what a watch! The hallmarks beside the PT950 are another great feature not seen in many watches cased in precious metals! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just curious, el118, do you actually wear this outstanding watch going out? I know of a young 30-something Chinese CEO who wears a Richard Mille as a daily beater, even when going out for drinks or dinner in the PJ area!

Hi KennT,

Yes i do. It is now my favourite watch with the most wrist time. i normally wear it to office. mind you, i would be very much afraid if i was carrying hard cash but a watch of equivalent value i felt safer. i did ask myself why and i came to the following conclusions

1) the watch normally slipped under my sleeve and not many people get to see.

2) it is not a brand that every tom dick and harry know, like Rolex in Gold. 9 out of 10 people even if they saw it would thought it is some fancy stainless steel fashion watch. ( so in a way do not attract unncessary attention )

3) i always remind myself from going to places i find not "safe"

Offline Calibr

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2013, 11:35:51 AM »

Hi KennT,

Yes i do. It is now my favourite watch with the most wrist time. i normally wear it to office. mind you, i would be very much afraid if i was carrying hard cash but a watch of equivalent value i felt safer. i did ask myself why and i came to the following conclusions

2) it is not a brand that every tom dick and harry know, like Rolex in Gold. 9 out of 10 people even if they saw it would thought it is some fancy stainless steel fashion watch. ( so in a way do not attract unncessary attention )

Hi el118, thanks for enlightening! Wearing a watch that costs more than some new E-Class Mercs on your wrist, you just can't be too careful in terms of safety! And it's also a clear statement about who wears the pants in the house!

Your choice of Platinum over Gold speaks of class and good taste! Not only is PT 10% heavier and 1.5 times harder than AU, it's melting point is 67% higher (1063 vs 1773 *C), making PT more difficult for master craftsmen, who need special tools and skills, to work on this metal compared to AU! These facts should raise a notch higher in appreciating the value and beauty of your epic catch! Wear it in good health, el118!  :Cheers:

Offline el118

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2013, 01:49:22 PM »

Hi KennT,

Hi el118, thanks for enlightening! Wearing a watch that costs more than some new E-Class Mercs on your wrist, you just can't be too careful in terms of safety! And it's also a clear statement about who wears the pants in the house!

Your choice of Platinum over Gold speaks of class and good taste! Not only is PT 10% heavier and 1.5 times harder than AU, it's melting point is 67% higher (1063 vs 1773 *C), making PT more difficult for master craftsmen, who need special tools and skills, to work on this metal compared to AU! These facts should raise a notch higher in appreciating the value and beauty of your epic catch! Wear it in good health, el118!  :Cheers:

Thanks. i hope it does not translate into 1.5 times in time of service! ;)

Offline squasub

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2013, 10:33:10 AM »
i'm speechless..sure the value of this watch will appreciate in time :thumbsup:

Offline [email protected]

« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2014, 10:28:42 AM »
All alarm watch's use your medicine reminding instrument and alarm watch with help of medicine for patient.
Thanks for providing information.

Offline j0shua

« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2014, 04:47:36 PM »
All alarm watch's use your medicine reminding instrument and alarm watch with help of medicine for patient.
Thanks for providing information.

lolwut?

Offline sypuah

• Freshie
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2014, 10:22:54 AM »
Wao! i think this watch is around RM 150,000 right?

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2014, 06:54:51 PM »
Thanks god I manage to molest this watch during MWF anniv dinner...  :thumbsup:

Offline enkil

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2014, 03:47:30 PM »
Beautiful watch. Congrats!

Offline el118

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2014, 09:55:30 PM »