Author Topic: Omega Flightmaster Cal 911  (Read 5490 times)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Omega Flightmaster Cal 911
« on: November 02, 2013, 02:22:36 PM »
Time to give my vintage omega flightmaster a full wind... sitting too long no stretch is no good!

i was lucky to have this flightmaster c911, because the case was never been polished. Loving the 70s finishing and the charm of its day... the way the pilot line omega case been cut out from a single piece of Swedish steel and its shape is my all time favorite!

Cal 911 omega flightmaster was the second generation of omega flightmaster, this particular case was the third generation (physically no different from gen 2 case, just 2 numbering found 145.026 case and 145.036 case)

the flightmaster is so easy to recognise due to its unique massive case (this is huge in 69-70s), 7 hands and 5 pushers crowns...

the color used for the fllightmaster c911 is well chosen, red hands for the chronograph, white hands for time and a blue gmt hand

small second at 9, 12 hr chrono counter at 6, 30 min chrono counter at 3, center big chrono second hand, rotatable inner bezel with 60min marker.... so much infor, so much usage... and yet it is not confusing and difficult to read

from the side, beside the super clear slightly raise flat glass, u have the 2 control crowns!
blue for the blue gmt hand
black for the black inner bezel
its so easy to remember with the color...

from another side, its the 2 colorful yellow red chrono pusher and the omega logo signed crown
why yellow and red, because the the omega flightmaster come with either red or yellow hands, in this case, its red!
the chrono control is as usual, start stop at 2, reset at 4.

the screw in caseback was lightly engraved with omega logo, plane and 'flightmaster'
the engraving is too light, lucky mine still not worn / polish off... very visible

behind it, the call 911 actually was the rose gold plated legendary cal 861 with gmt function added

comparing with its bro

the main different from its brother c910 is the 9 oclock 24hr hand was changed to running small second
so its easy to differentiate, the c910 24hr at 9 hv the brown and green day night color

from the pusher side, the old c910 chrono pusher doesnt hv yellow and red bicolors, however some later batches hv it

also the c910 bro case is thinner and come with a dome crystal

the other side, both c910 and c911 control crown look the same to me

its joy to play with the vintage
water resistant 60m at its day, its not as good as modern 50m wr watch nowadays
with its aged, so many crowns and pusher.... i actually hardly wear it out from my room

i'm currently fitting it with the mesh bracelet to add it omega charm, i love this combination... do u?

if u guys wanted to know more, they are plenty of write up and review about this....

the always remembered chuck maddox
http://chronomaddox.com/flightmasterarticle.html

revisiting the icon by monochrome
http://www.monochrome-watches.com/revisiting-an-icon-the-omega-flightmaster/

end here with its pilot line case siblings

hope to add more of its siblings one day, if you guys found any of the below in good condition at reasonable price, pls let me know
the flighmaster c911 with 145.026 case
the 18k gold flightmaster ( i dont think i can afford it now for sure )
the big blue - seamaster 120m chronograph

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
Re: Omega Flightmaster Cal 911
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 03:11:00 PM »
Very nice set of vintage Omega. Congrats.

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 07:59:58 PM »
Wow! That is impressive collection! Thanks for sharing the knowledge of vintage flightmaster series with us. :Cheers:
watchManU

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 06:08:23 AM »
What lovely watches. Thank you for sharing the pictures as well as information. Have a good Sunday all...

DC

Offline ndtaan

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 11:48:20 AM »
colourful dials has always been my weakness.
Great collection you have there :thumbsup:

Offline Spider boy

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 12:06:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing . And a really nice collection you have there.  =)  :thumbsup: