Author Topic: BR01-92 Carbon Fiber LE  (Read 13448 times)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
BR01-92 Carbon Fiber LE
« on: October 30, 2013, 11:03:56 PM »
I always love Bell & Ross BR01. Strong DNA, highly legible, fun to wear with different strap.

I have bought and sold a BR01-93, love the design, black case with strong luminous index and hands with orange highlight on the GMT hand. however i sold it due to my personal character, i really hate to see the scratches on pvd case.

Also traded in a gloss ceramic BR01. scratch proof almost, but i dont really like the bling bling appearance after all, i cant even play with strap changing

so i was early aiming an airborne ii, the aged case (sand blasted pvd) is cool. love the skull as well.... despite its hard to tell time

But i was offered with this Carbon Fiber LE 2 weeks ago at good price, i pull a trigger for the 3rd time for a BR!

the watch was really light, yeah thanks to its carbon fiber case.
the index and hands are white luminous, made it so legible on the black carbon fiber dial.
this is a non date watch, i an happy to wear it over the weekend.

it was a limited edition, total 500 was made.
BR01 design was so simple, the flat case back actually sit well on your wrist with the super short lug, most ppl with small wrist also can carry it

the screwed down crown was well finish, easy to grip as well.
the lugs was pvd steel, i dont actually know the case construction, how it sandwich the steel lugs in between of the carbon fiber case

a pvd buckle is matching the black carbon fiber case

Changing strap is easy with the tool (2 allen keys) provided
i dont think you will scratch your watch for changing strap yourself, i find it very easy with BR01!

i always love BR packaging, u get all you want.
the boxes are well made, from the white thick paper cover to the black box and the form protecting the watch...  :thumbsup:
the whole package actually inclusive of 3 straps - Velcro, rubber strap, carbon fiber strap

i actually strap on this watch with the Velcro after the photo shot, it is very very comfortable despite its 46mm case size.

i am not going to put the standard spec here, you can easily google for it.

after wearing it for 3 days, the ETA 2892-a2 was beating well within 3s a day

i must say, i love BR01 design, i like the carbon fiber case, i like the comfort level, i like the legibility....
so its a 9/10 watch in my opinion for its price

the only setback is the crystal is very thin!

sorry guys, i no longer own macro lens!

I will get a lume shot when i free, the lume was good!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:07:44 PM by chrisyen »

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Re: BR01-92 Carbon Fiber LE
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 11:13:56 PM »

iPhone shot for the lume

Offline TheWatchMan

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 11:55:47 PM »
Nice watch. I like the BR03-92.

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 06:08:41 AM »
Although I am not a big fan of BR, I must say that this is a nice looking piece. Congrats on a very nice purchase...

DC

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 06:55:26 AM »
I like the BR03 as well...
I find the 46mm case a little too big for me.
Interesting that the lugs are not carbon fibre.
I think the inside case is still steel while the outer case is lined with carbon fibre? Just a guess.
Would be interested to find out the exact case construction.

Nice looking piece.
Wear it in good health.  :Cheers:
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 07:54:07 AM »
Congrats Chris. Nice piece, even better with low LE serial number. Wear it with good health.

Hanz, if I remember correctly, the case is Carbon Fibre in it entirety. The case is made by placing layers of carbon fibre onto each other (90 degree orientation) with bonding material (it could be like aviation carbon fibre where the carbon fibre layers are impregnated with bonding material). But what do I know.... ;D

Offline ndtaan

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 11:14:40 AM »
I always love Bell & Ross BR01. Strong DNA, highly legible, fun to wear with different strap.

I have bought and sold a BR01-93, love the design, black case with strong luminous index and hands with orange highlight on the GMT hand. however i sold it due to my personal character, i really hate to see the scratches on pvd case.

Also traded in a gloss ceramic BR01. scratch proof almost, but i dont really like the bling bling appearance after all, i cant even play with strap changing

so i was early aiming an airborne ii, the aged case (sand blasted pvd) is cool. love the skull as well.... despite its hard to tell time

But i was offered with this Carbon Fiber LE 2 weeks ago at good price, i pull a trigger for the 3rd time for a BR!

the watch was really light, yeah thanks to its carbon fiber case.
the index and hands are white luminous, made it so legible on the black carbon fiber dial.
this is a non date watch, i an happy to wear it over the weekend.

it was a limited edition, total 500 was made.
BR01 design was so simple, the flat case back actually sit well on your wrist with the super short lug, most ppl with small wrist also can carry it

the screwed down crown was well finish, easy to grip as well.
the lugs was pvd steel, i dont actually know the case construction, how it sandwich the steel lugs in between of the carbon fiber case

a pvd buckle is matching the black carbon fiber case

Changing strap is easy with the tool (2 allen keys) provided
i dont think you will scratch your watch for changing strap yourself, i find it very easy with BR01!

i always love BR packaging, u get all you want.
the boxes are well made, from the white thick paper cover to the black box and the form protecting the watch...  :thumbsup:
the whole package actually inclusive of 3 straps - Velcro, rubber strap, carbon fiber strap

i actually strap on this watch with the Velcro after the photo shot, it is very very comfortable despite its 46mm case size.

i am not going to put the standard spec here, you can easily google for it.

after wearing it for 3 days, the ETA 2892-a2 was beating well within 3s a day

i must say, i love BR01 design, i like the carbon fiber case, i like the comfort level, i like the legibility....
so its a 9/10 watch in my opinion for its price

the only setback is the crystal is very thin!

sorry guys, i no longer own macro lens!

I will get a lume shot when i free, the lume was good!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
chrisyen,if you ever get tired of it,keep me in mind.

Congrats on that great watch. :thumbsup:

Offline TheWatchMan

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 11:45:59 AM »
Any idea the BR03-92 Carbon is actually carbon fibre?

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 11:58:13 AM »
Congrats Chris. Nice piece, even better with low LE serial number. Wear it with good health.

Hanz, if I remember correctly, the case is Carbon Fibre in it entirety. The case is made by placing layers of carbon fibre onto each other (90 degree orientation) with bonding material (it could be like aviation carbon fibre where the carbon fibre layers are impregnated with bonding material). But what do I know.... ;D

Interesting... but the lugs would have to be carbon fibre is the whole case is carbon fibre no?
I wonder how they attach the lugs on the carbon fibre case?
I would guess that the inner case + lugs is stainless steel and carbon fibre sheets are then bonded on the case... but like you said... what do i know? lol  ;D
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 12:11:29 PM »
Hanz, if you look at the picture of the case back, you will see two Allen key bolts near the lugs. The lugs insert into the case via an opening at the bottom and top of the case. The lugs are then attached to the case via these bolts. So, you can actually remove the lugs.

To prevent the case from cracking, they can either strengthen the bolt holes or use some form of cup washers to help dissipate the stress over the case. I can only base this on my experience working on aircrafts.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 12:21:39 PM »
Hanz, if you look at the picture of the case back, you will see two Allen key bolts near the lugs. The lugs insert into the case via an opening at the bottom and top of the case. The lugs are then attached to the case via these bolts. So, you can actually remove the lugs.

To prevent the case from cracking, they can either strengthen the bolt holes or use some form of cup washers to help dissipate the stress over the case. I can only base this on my experience working on aircrafts.

Ohhh... I get it now... Thanks Hobbs  :Cheers:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 01:02:36 PM »

Ohhh... I get it now... Thanks Hobbs  :Cheers:

I did side by side photo compare between the steel n ceramic n this carbon fiber case, yes this carbon fiber case hv the extra 4 Allen key screw near the lugs... I too believe it is for locking the steel lugs

Tq Ivan

Ps - Ur nick is wrong... U shd call urself gandalf the white

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 01:05:04 PM »
I like the BR03 as well...
I find the 46mm case a little too big for me.

Bro - I remember we hv the Abt the same wrist size, believe me
Short lug case of this BR is easy to carry and super comfort especially on the Velcro

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 01:12:42 PM »
Any idea the BR03-92 Carbon is actually carbon fibre?

Nope.

The technical description for br03-92 carbon on BR official website says

Case:diameter 42mm. Steel with matte black PVD finish

So it's steel

BR watch hv

Steel  - satin-brushed steel
Carbon - Steel with matte black PVD finish
Ceramic - matte khaki ceramic (for military) and matte blue and polished black ceramic

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 03:03:13 PM »
And if you wanna know about the do not remove screw thing.... it is to gain access to the stem release button on the movement. This is required as the access to the movement is from the top and to release the movement from the case, you will need to release the crown and winding stem. So, you unscrew the screw on the case back and put a pin in to release the crown and winding stem (single unit). You can now remove the movement from the case.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 09:20:12 PM »
And if you wanna know about the do not remove screw thing.... it is to gain access to the stem release button on the movement. This is required as the access to the movement is from the top and to release the movement from the case, you will need to release the crown and winding stem. So, you unscrew the screw on the case back and put a pin in to release the crown and winding stem (single unit). You can now remove the movement from the case.

Yes
Mono bloc case hv to do this way

Dunno y mm300 don't hv this

Offline STeeLPrOpheT

• Freshie
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 06:48:37 PM »
Any idea of BR01-94 (chronograph) selling price? Tq.

Offline takashi24

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 08:51:13 AM »
I was looking for this watch. May I know where you brought it?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 08:04:50 PM »

Pm sent

Offline Kronofred

• Freshie
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2014, 06:54:38 PM »
Very nice review for an awesome watch!!
Congrats for the pics which are really well made.
Have this 01 too, and particulary love its weight...

Offline austin001

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 10:00:27 PM »

Pm sent

Can you let me know where u bought it and the price too. Thks. Pls pm. I'm obsess with carbon fiber.

Offline BF-atelier

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2014, 11:42:24 AM »
Nice review :thumbsup:
I love the carbon color .

Offline btgo1128

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2015, 12:52:39 PM »
this review was awesome.. nice dial u get..
such a great master piece of BR ..