Author Topic: The Zenith El Primero Striking 10th Complete Review Up :-)  (Read 29485 times)

Offline G.MAC

Re: The Zenith El Primero Striking 10th Complete Review Up :-)
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2013, 07:38:16 PM »
Always love the Striking 10th and it is definitely one of my targets. Never see it this side of Malaysia though.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline shahkl2u

• Freshie
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2013, 06:37:50 AM »
Just read this write up...been view this Zenith El Primero here...never had interest on the watch as maybe to expensive for me and not bothered to read it...takut kena racun... ;D Well at last after read all the write up wahh now already been poisoned laa...I already include Zenith Watch on my list. Very good write up poisoned   ;D

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2013, 06:57:40 AM »
The video u shown us still haunting me...  :Scolding: haven't got time yet to try the striking 10 at AD..

Offline timenut

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2014, 09:22:41 PM »
I googled and stumbled upon this awesome review (which has great photos to boot). Was surprised that I missed this thread earlier even though I do drop by the forum every so often. I recently acquired the Striking 10th as well (mine's on bracelet) and I have to say, it's a real stunner!  :thumbsup:

For me, this watch is Zenith's zenith offering (pardon the pun).. and I'd imagine, will continue to be, for some time to come.  :Cheers:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2014, 10:51:53 AM »
On bracelet? Cool.
Care to share abit on the bracelet quality?
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline timenut

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2014, 08:29:07 PM »
Well, I would say it's well made and quite hefty, especially the deployant clasp. I am usually not a fan of PCLs, but in this case, I think it goes well with the muted flashiness of the watch. It is a screw-and-pin bracelet, which I'd imagine makes it quite easy to adjust the length (the bracelet on mine has yet to be adjusted). There are also pin holes on the deployant clasp to allow for micro adjustments to get it just right. Operating the deployant clasp can be quite tricky initially as one would need to move the buttons forward before the clasp comes undone. That said, it does make the clasp more secure.

This is one watch I think looks good on both bracelet and leather. If I recall correctly, the bracelet goes for about RM4k, which makes it more cost efficient for me to pick it up with the bracelet as the default setup. Hope to pick up a matching leather strap some time. I do like the original leather strap but a bit too rich for me to buy separate. Am hunting for a good quality after-market alligator / croc strap, that looks similar to the OEM.

A couple of photos (not mine - borrowed off the net)

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2014, 08:38:23 PM »
Thanks for the insight.
I have read and heard that this particular buckle is difficult to operate with one hand.
How is you experience with it so far?
As far as I know, they discontinued this clasp and now the new watches with bracelets are using hidden butterfly deployant buckles.
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline timenut

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2014, 09:11:00 PM »
Hmm, based on my observation, I noticed the opposite to be true. Some of the earlier versions seemed to have had the butterfly clasp while the ones currently available have this one. Or, maybe they just mixed it up.

The Striking 10th Stratos also uses this clasp. However, on the 36,000 vph, it seems that they have consistently used the butterfly.

At one point, I had the bracelet with the butterfly clasp but I still prefer this one.

It does take a bit of getting used to, but I have no issues operating it with one hand.

Offline banqk2

• Freshie
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2014, 09:07:05 AM »
Indeed good stuff I must said. With only 1,969 pieces will be made in stainless steel, while 500 will be made in gold.  I was told that Zenith is now reaching the end of production of all 1,969 pieces and that at no point in the future will they ever build a watch using the Striking Tenth movement with this vintage case and dial again.  You have seen that Zenith now offers a Striking Tenth with a flyback mechanism, but in a much heftier, sportier case called the Stratos - which, despite the great movement and vintage dial, just doesn't have the same appeal to me.

Offline Clicko

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2014, 02:07:09 AM »
I haven't seen one striking 10 in AD yet. Anyone know, please let me know. I don't like the Stratos. Hope to see one soon and try on my wrist. Just love the movement.

Offline craftvn

• Freshie
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2014, 01:59:20 AM »
I love this dial