Author Topic: Orient watch Model;ER24005W  (Read 5617 times)

Offline David_cheong

Orient watch Model;ER24005W
« on: October 23, 2013, 11:24:05 PM »

Specifications
Mechanical Movement : ORIENT caliber 48743 Made in Japan
Self-winding movement
21 jewels
21,600/hour vibrations
Date indicator

Stainless steel case
Box crystal glass
Screw caseback
Genuine leather strap
Water resistant to 30m
Diameter 40.50mm
Thickness 11.80mm

Orient watch review 

I have this watch for past 1 week now. It was an impulse buy, thanks to that sales aunty. First it was a close inspection and later it proceeds to a confirmed buy. Also no thanks to the debit card that I carried that day.

Dial
I have not had a Orient before but many Seikos. What attracted me to this watch is the striking pearl glossary white dial, coupled with shining swords hand. The taper hour index grows contrast against the white dial. The date window is strategically place at 3 o'clock.
(The picture above do no justice to the actual watch in real life)
The date figures are sharply focused in the centre.  Personally I view this better than the Cyclops lens than my ‘other’ watches. The Orient logo is just right, not too large.

The Case
Measured at 40.50mm, this is a respected diameter for any modern watches. Overall thin (mm?), its sit comfortably on my 6, 5 inches wrist. The quality finishing is superb and even the area between the lug is polished. The top lug is polished and the side case is brushed.  Its bezel is polished.

Lug
Between the lug is 21mm.

Crown
The crown is signed with Orient logo and is not screwed lock. When you pulled out to adjust time, it is not hacked. Wind smoothly though.

Movement
Did not actually Google which or what movement its uses though but manually its wind smooth. Movement vibrates and wobbles like a 7750 but then it really tell me the exact time and its indicates same as my Astro decoder.

Strap
The strap indicates genuine leather and I presumed it cowhide because it tough but wears comfortably.

For a 30m water resistance watch, it solid back cover is screwed locked. The buckle polished and is signed.

Lens
Slightly doom, I suspect its acrylic (Box crystal glass?). Be it mineral glass or synthetic sapphire and if your watch falls flat on hard solid ground with the glass taking full impact, be prepared to cough up dough for its damages. And worst, if those splinters gets into the movement, prepare for an overhaul.
I still prefer acrylic lens where its just cracked but not shattered. But that’s just me.

Overall
Of all the Japanese watches where many makes/model are made outside Japan, I believe this brand Orient watches are all made in Japan and some ‘hong kar’ can attest to that.

So, if you are looking for a nice classic watch that won’t do damage to your wallet, you might want to consider this.

dc

I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
Re: Orient watch Model;ER24005W
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 07:30:18 AM »
Very classic looking. Thanks for the review. Wear it with good health.

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 07:29:32 PM »
Thanks for the great review. I was also looking at orient watches for the longest time. Only my home minister does not encourage the purchase of yet another watch. I do hope in the very near future that I would be able to get me one of those...

DC

Offline ndtaan

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 08:32:03 PM »
One of my local AD's show me that watch and I must say that it does looks very impressive.
It has the right weight to it when worn.
Especially the feel of the watch against your wrist,it feels like it snug closely around it.
Good value for money.

BTW good review :thumbsup:

Offline sari

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 07:15:59 PM »
classic good looking watch. Is a very good daily watch. Bought one base on this review. ;D

Offline budakkacamata

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 07:00:55 PM »
i agree its a stunning watch. was contemplating between this and the visodate earlier.

Offline Won Bin

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 06:20:00 PM »
I have one of the dome bambino.

Really worth for the price....and good stuning looking for dress wear....

Nvr miss a min for half year.....will consider get more from orients.
Dream list
-Rolex 6694 Full Set