Author Topic: JLC GTG II - Nov 2013  (Read 18554 times)

Offline el118

Re: JLC GTG II - Nov 2013
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2013, 03:47:13 PM »
My brand new JLC Master Calendar was found running faster by 7 sec a day. i have sent in to the boutique last week and they called up today that local service team was not confident to deal with it and have to send to Singapore service centre. need at least 2-3 weeks. may not be back in time for the GTG :Mad:

Paid premium price for premium branded watch and get this. ( I could have waited for AD rather than boutique which can have extra up to 5 % off)

Offline dpkong

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2013, 05:38:12 PM »
My brand new JLC Master Calendar was found running faster by 7 sec a day. i have sent in to the boutique last week and they called up today that local service team was not confident to deal with it and have to send to Singapore service centre. need at least 2-3 weeks. may not be back in time for the GTG :Mad:

Paid premium price for premium branded watch and get this. ( I could have waited for AD rather than boutique which can have extra up to 5 % off)

Over how many days?

Best to run it in a while before sending it off to the service center.

Offline el118

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2013, 07:02:25 PM »

Over how many days?

Best to run it in a while before sending it off to the service center.

More than two weeks with no sign of improvement. Local team tested confirm out of range thus need to send to Singapore.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2013, 07:59:57 PM »
Two weeks is not much wrist time to let it run in.

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2013, 08:09:59 PM »
Totally agree with dpkong.

Its not unusual to let the watch run in for several weeks (4-6)  before you send in for calibration.
Usually when new the watch will run faster and after several weeks it will slow down and stabilise thereafter due to the lubrication being evenly spread and gears run in.

You shld take it back and wear it for a few weeks and observe first.
I have no experience with servicing by Singapore
If it goes back to MJLC in le Sentier, good luck to you... It will take between 3-5 months.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 08:21:26 PM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline sm

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2013, 08:29:59 PM »
I have heard that service by Jlc is slow. Some months back a friend of mine ordered a strap and had to wait some weeks before its landed at the boutique.

Another friend of mine brought her cartier to change the battery (quartz) so as not to breach the warranty. It was sent down to our good neighbour and she also waited some weeks before it came  back fitted. She missed wearing it for a function.
(Thought it is out of the context)

Somehow when we buy BNIB authorised, we'd like the services of AD or boutique. If the service centre is not manned by qualified technician, it will have to be shipped out.

As if we are getting from parallel importers.

Sm

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2013, 08:01:00 AM »
Update on JLC GTG II-
Date: Nov 16th Saturday
Time: Lunch 11.30am till 3pm
Visiting JLC Boutique Starhill after 3pm

(location around Jln Bkt Bintang area, to be advised only to confirmed participants)
Menu: < RM 100 per person

Note: Confirmed attendees are to pm me your respective handphone numbers so that I can notify you of the details.

As majority have indicated 16th Nov as their choice, the date is now fixed.
We now have 15 attendees whereas the private room identified can only take 12 pax. However I think we can just barely squeeze everyone in.

As such the registration for the gtg is now closed.

In order to re-assure those owners attending, a room with some form of privacy and security needs to be arranged and usually these rooms are not able to cater more than 10-12 pax.

I need to make the necessary arrangements by end of this week.
All participants will only be informed of the details a day before the event by pm/sms/WhatsApp. Location will be within walking distance of Jalan Bukit Bintang area.

Thank you.

1 JOS2012 (O)
2 EL118 (O)
3 Sean (E)
4 darrencw (E)
5 Godzillaz (O)
6 Chris Yen (E)
7 euclidorus (E)
8 @tsw@ (E)
9 sm (E)
10 danny (O)
11 technicv +1 (O)
13 gigi (E)
14 kiamat (E)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 12:38:34 PM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2013, 03:51:34 PM »
As usual a great gathering of like-minded JLC enthusiasts..
We had 5 owners and 8 enthusiasts, 15 JLCs of various models…..
Fortunately we had enough varieties of JLC to ogle over….

A quick post up of shots and people before I go for dinner..

The watch group shot

The individual watch shots..

some people shots……..

Fong trying to figure out how to connect the i-phone (remote trigger) to the watch (timer) + C4 explosives on the JLC see through case back ala Al-Qaeda improvised bomb…

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 07:18:12 PM by JOS2012 »

Offline sean

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2013, 04:40:06 PM »
Looks like you guys having a lot fun :thumbsup:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2013, 07:24:33 PM »
Joseph,

Your Swatch-like JLC sticks out like a sore thumb in the group shot!

It takes some time but now I really appreciate why you jumped on it. It's a beauty indeed. Growing to like the JLC NS alarm and also that nice Memovox with 3 crowns.

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2013, 08:13:37 PM »
Donald,
Rgding the Amvox 2…..it's all in the finishing…the beautifully brushed black titanium (very rare for titanium to be in black), the one-of-a-kind patented chrono triggering mechanism and the 3 dimensional dial which is only seen in the metal at various angles.

I really like it that it looks like a Swatch so that it doesn't attract attention from the wrong people. A WIS will know what it is, though.

ermmmm …. the Memovox with the 3 crowns that you refer to ( is it the last picture?) is none other than the JLC Memovox 'Polaris' re-issue Limited Edition (768 pieces).
You have very good taste and instinct.

The original Polaris was issued in only 1714 pieces between 1965-1970 and is a highly sought after vintage commanding very high prices by WIS worldwide.
Even the Tribute re-issue is extremely hard to come by..a pre-owned is selling for almost the original price when it was launched in 2008 (close to RM50K nett)
Not sure if its marketing talk but in 2008 the JLC boutique manager told me she was only given 2 pieces and they sold out real fast.

you can read more abt it here..

http://en.worldtempus.com/watches/jaeger-lecoultre/memovox-memovox-tribute-polaris-q-2008470

If you are referring to the other Memovox (the 7th from the top individual picture), you'll have to ask Tyler.

Hint: I might be letting my NS Diving Alarm go, if I can confirm a piece that was offered to me... :Praying:

Joseph,
Your Swatch-like JLC sticks out like a sore thumb in the group shot!
It takes some time but now I really appreciate why you jumped on it. It's a beauty indeed. Growing to like the JLC NS alarm and also that nice Memovox with 3 crowns.

hi Sean,
yes, we had a great time.. as usual the gtg dragged on from 11.30 to 5pm ending at JLC boutique.
Once you're free you can always call us for an informal yam char..no need to wait for a gtg...

Looks like you guys having a lot fun :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 11:33:23 PM by JOS2012 »

Offline dpkong

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2013, 09:44:41 PM »
Joseph,

Yes, the last one "Polaris" is the one that caught my eye. Didn't know what it is but it is nice indeed.

And this one is a close second, if only the markers were larger..

If only JLC could have put the alarm marker of the NS Diving Alarm on a ring so that the text does not rotate around with the marker...

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2013, 10:00:11 AM »
Had a great time catching up with all the members at the GTG.
Thanks to Joseph organizing the event and for the great choice of restaurant.
And his pictorial reports are impeccable as always.

:Cheers:

Offline el118

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2013, 12:11:23 PM »
Glad to know the group of enthusiasts, looking forward to more GTG.

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2013, 04:49:57 PM »
Hi Eric,
Glad you enjoyed your very first JLC GTG..
Plse initiate gtg from here on, as and when you feel like getting together on any specific brand or in general..

Thanks Danny but impeccable my reports are not..:)
This gtg also brought me the apple of my eye for JLC alarms from a great MWF member & collector, who kindly assisted..
I will always remember this GTG for that….

Offline el118

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2013, 05:34:16 PM »
Hi Eric,
Glad you enjoyed your very first JLC GTG..
Plse initiate gtg from here on, as and when you feel like getting together on any specific brand or in general..

Ha ha, Joseph u r the designated official Gtg organizer for Mwf, keep up the good work!

Thanks Danny but impeccable my reports are not..:)
This gtg also brought me the apple of my eye for JLC alarms from a great MWF member & collector, who kindly assisted..
I will always remember this GTG for that….

Offline donz

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2013, 07:18:07 PM »
Daymn...i was late..didnt know there are quite a big watch community here! ..let me know for the next one guys!

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2013, 07:45:09 PM »
Daymn...i was late..didnt know there are quite a big watch community here! ..let me know for the next one guys!

Nvr too late

Our biggest annual GTG is coming soon...