Author Topic: Yersin Market, Ho Chi Mihn City  (Read 6528 times)

Offline chiewata

Yersin Market, Ho Chi Mihn City
« on: May 24, 2010, 02:49:23 PM »
Went to Yersin Market last Saturday to explore and besides the military stuffs there's a large number of so called antique military watches but frankly if u just want some souvenirs you might wanna buy as gift otherwise dont be so serious where how could an antique Rolex sells for just USD200.... :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline David_cheong

Re: Yersin Market, Ho Chi Mihn City
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 02:59:57 PM »
Seen this kind of stuffs selling at our petaling st.

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline takashi78

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 03:14:57 PM »
So did you get the COMEX?

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 03:20:18 PM »
Wonder what's the movement inside? Is it 'convincing'?
Peter, you should check it out when you there  ;D

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 03:23:40 PM »
Hahaha...likelihood of it being genuine is like hitting the jackpot. However, there is an acquaintance who bought a Tag model before they conglomerated with Hauer to become Tag Hauer and it turns out to be genuine and very rare. Lady luck i guess. :Laughing_on_floor: Anyway for it to be USD200, it better be an AAA replica at least as even our petaling street sells way lower than that.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 06:22:27 PM »
if this happen on 20 yrs back...the possibility to get e genuine watches is higher...my ex-ex-ex-Company Project Manager used to be work as Personal Advisor to the Junta in Myanmar and according to him a genuine hand wind PP merely cost abt few grand of USD :o 

Offline kenixck

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 03:00:01 PM »
ya.. the comex looks real and aged ... they must be really smart to make it look like an antique

Offline chiewata

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 10:01:57 PM »
So did you get the COMEX?

Do I look like turtle to u  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline chiewata

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 10:02:52 PM »
Wonder what's the movement inside? Is it 'convincing'?
Peter, you should check it out when you there  ;D

Yeah Pete get one for me la  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline chiewata

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 10:04:57 PM »
Hahaha...likelihood of it being genuine is like hitting the jackpot. However, there is an acquaintance who bought a Tag model before they conglomerated with Hauer to become Tag Hauer and it turns out to be genuine and very rare. Lady luck i guess. :Laughing_on_floor: Anyway for it to be USD200, it better be an AAA replica at least as even our petaling street sells way lower than that.

Yeah heard this kind of tale more then 15 years ago in some flea market in states or Europe but back then is a very different world without eBay XDDD

Offline chiewata

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 10:10:33 PM »
if this happen on 20 yrs back...the possibility to get e genuine watches is higher...my ex-ex-ex-Company Project Manager used to be work as Personal Advisor to the Junta in Myanmar and according to him a genuine hand wind PP merely cost abt few grand of USD :o 

Another tale but possible in Myammar but hey Ho Chi Minh City iPad is easily available even in very lapuk mobile phone shop so it doesn't convinced me that the guy selling this watches would know if these watches are real it can fetch a few thousand USD easily.....XDDD

Offline chiewata

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 10:12:02 PM »
ya.. the comex looks real and aged ... they must be really smart to make it look like an antique

Ask Chris yenfoolun XDD

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 05:40:50 AM »
from old watch to make it new is not possible... u can only polish the case, change the dial n hands to make it look new from far...

but from new to old... is easy.... for case n crystal, u can throw it, throw things at it, soak in salty water... sand paper...
for dial n hands... paint, resin, dirty job..........

Offline takashi78

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 07:11:14 AM »
Haha if those watches are real then we can pay someone who works in RSC to fly there with us and we go sapu all.