Author Topic: Fuel Price Up  (Read 15823 times)

Offline tonykpk

Re: Fuel Price Up
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2013, 05:17:17 PM »
An increased of over 10 per cent is not fine maybe to the rich is ok, when the price of petrol  in HK is rm 1.30 a liter and their per capita income is USD 40,000 plus  annually .Theres more bad news on the way like the Gst, 50 cents a slip of cheque  increment next April. The debt ratio has shot passed the ceiling against GDP , the rm will go down further . To me it's not fine .regards tony

Offline dpkong

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2013, 07:29:24 PM »
To many, it's a foregone conclusion that GST will be implemented when Budget 2014 is tabled. The current gov't cannot stem the drop in our currency and ratings even with the 10% fuel price hike.

So if GST is implemented at 5%, does it mean the price of RON95, per litre, will be RM2.10 +5% = RM2.21 ?? That will certainly create another hoo-haa as that causes the price of nearly everything to go up. The low-income group will become the new poverty group and the middle-class will become the low-income group  :HammerHead:

But the gov't doesn't have any worries since the next GE will be at least 4 years away and Malaysians are not known to go on strike.

Offline 7thfort

• Yeehah
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2013, 07:50:25 PM »
Our currency is doing the "Limbo Rock".

Companies doing export will gain more than those who import.

Overseas holidays will be expensive. Those with kids studying abroad will have to tighten their belts.

What a life?

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2013, 09:47:27 PM »
Our currency is doing the "Limbo Rock".

Companies doing export will gain more than those who import.

Overseas holidays will be expensive. Those with kids studying abroad will have to tighten their belts.

What a life?

Yes, you are right, overseas expenses has got more expensive. The USD was at US$1 = RM 2.96 on 9 May 2013. Today, exactly 4 months later, it's hovering at US$ = RM 3.30. That's a 10% jump... :'(. Since the RM was unpegged from the US$ in July 2005 (when it was US$1 = RM 3.80), the lowest the RM reached was about RM 3.70 per USD in early March 2009. So, let's see how it goes this time round....

Offline 7thfort

• Yeehah
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2013, 08:56:25 PM »
Hi Enkidu,

Nearer to home, against the the S$, we are well and truly beaten.

Endless possibilities. So I heard.

Offline khairain

• Freshie
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2013, 09:54:43 PM »
An increased of over 10 per cent is not fine maybe to the rich is ok, when the price of petrol  in HK is rm 1.30 a liter and their per capita income is USD 40,000 plus  annually .Theres more bad news on the way like the Gst, 50 cents a slip of cheque  increment next April. The debt ratio has shot passed the ceiling against GDP , the rm will go down further . To me it's not fine .regards tony

Are you sure that fuel price in hk is rm1.30 a liter? I tot the price is 16.94 HKD which is approx. rm7.15 a liter.. Sorry but I think we Malaysian are too pampered by the government.. Those who can send their children study abroad obviously has the $$$. If not they have studied in malaysia..

Just my 2 cents...

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2013, 11:07:41 AM »
Maybe you're talking about a gallon.? Only certain so called privilege are pampered , people like me and alot of others are toiling like hell. How many people have confidence in the local uni ?., which ranking are always tumbling down. Im

Are you sure that fuel price in hk is rm1.30 a liter? I tot the price is 16.94 HKD which is approx. rm7.15 a liter.. Sorry but I think we Malaysian are too pampered by the government.. Those who can send their children study abroad obviously has the $$$. If not they have studied in malaysia..

Just my 2 cents...
sure for those who could afford they will send their children abroad not because they have money, but better education system.

Offline 7thfort

• Yeehah
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2013, 12:51:26 PM »
I totally agree with you Tony.

Unfortunately in this country, education is not a right but a privilege.

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2013, 01:28:35 PM »
Maybe you're talking about a gallon.?

Hi, Tony,

No, I think Khairain was correct that the price of petrol (unleaded) is approximately HK$ 17.00 per litre -  about RM 7.20.  That's inclusive of tax. But we have to read this with the fact that HKG is a relatively small "administrative region" and its public transport (MTR, taxi and bus services) are really excellent. Here in Malaysia, we NEED a private car. And of course we have to take into account Hong Kong's much lower income tax rate and much higher GDP per capita. The main concern of private car owners in HKG is probably not fuel but the parking space and parking fee (very exorbitant). Housing also eats heavily into the income of ordinary folks in Hong Kong. Depending where you eat, food is relatively affordable considering their average pay. Education wise, HKU is no.26 in the world, HKUST is 34 and CUHK is 39. That's 3 universities in the top 40.

Add: MTR in HKG is also relatively cheap. For example, it costs HK$ 10.00 per trip from Kowloon TST East (lots of watches.... :laugh: :laugh:) to Tsuen Wan in the New Territories. That's RM 4.20. Peanuts to the Hongkies...   

« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 01:49:39 PM by Enkidu »

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2013, 01:50:58 PM »
thanks for highlighting my mistake Enkidu.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2013, 11:45:45 PM »
Samy should have built a better rail/MRT system instead of multi-level flyover and highways....

Offline 7thfort

• Yeehah
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2013, 11:50:31 AM »
Roti Telur, although sold at the same price, has shrunk by 20%. :Scolding:

Offline 7thfort

• Yeehah
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2013, 12:35:11 PM »
Recent press statement says no fuel increase in the near future.

WTF is "near future"?

Offline ndtaan

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2013, 03:04:15 PM »
Recent press statement says no fuel increase in the near future.

WTF is "near future"?
Sad to say but we've reached a point where,we just can't trust any press release from any of the so called national newspapers.
The question now is,what are we going to do about it?.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2013, 08:32:31 PM »
Word on the ground is another increment likely soon....

:Startled:

That and increase in sugar and flour prices...

Offline 7thfort

• Yeehah
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2013, 09:34:46 AM »
most probably will be after armo erection.

Offline ndtaan

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2013, 01:52:51 PM »
most probably will be after armo erection.
ya cumming soon :Laughing_on_floor: