Author Topic: Good Food at PJ  (Read 26295 times)

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
Good Food at PJ
« on: May 25, 2011, 01:02:56 PM »
Just started since there is one for KL already, and thinking of starting one just focus on PJ area only, here are some of my usual or favorite food/ places.

1) Bak kut teh - Next to LDP, sungai way, exit left after the furniture shop, just opposite of the Hindu temple
2) Chicken Rice - along LDP, right after the Kelana station, exist left, first corner shop
3) Char Siew rice - Taman Sea, the 2 shops next to each other, one end is Caltex gas station
4) Chee Chiong Fan - Taman Paramount, shop opposite of Caltex gas station
5) Porridge - Taman Paramount, opposite of Giant (last time was a Cinema)

These are few places I remember, pls contribute to the list, so next time can try different food :Dancing_banana:

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline takashi78

Re: Good Food at PJ
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 01:09:57 PM »
1- I been to this place a few times with my friend. Quite good.

I still prefer my klang style though.

Offline kinson

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 01:13:24 PM »

The chee cheong fun (plain, no ingredients or curry, just sweet sauce or oil+soya) at section 14 (corner shop in between digital mall and the mosque) is awesome. Closed on mondays, but sells out around 9am or so (sometimes lucky 10am still can get). It's at the end of one of the linked houses.

Cheers.

Offline siodee

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 02:12:37 PM »
1- I been to this place a few times with my friend. Quite good.

I still prefer my klang style though.

Yeah, during lunch time, need to queue one, but it is good, so no choice.

The chee cheong fun (plain, no ingredients or curry, just sweet sauce or oil+soya) at section 14 (corner shop in between digital mall and the mosque) is awesome. Closed on mondays, but sells out around 9am or so (sometimes lucky 10am still can get). It's at the end of one of the linked houses.

Cheers.

Is it the one last time got flower shop next to it, end of the shop row, the entrance to the parking. May be different preference, I have tried that too, but I still prefer the black source "??".
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Offline kinson

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 02:39:46 PM »

Cheers.

Is it the one last time got flower shop next to it, end of the shop row, the entrance to the parking. May be different preference, I have tried that too, but I still prefer the black source "??".
[/quote]

Not too sure about the florist. But If you're talking about the one at the opposite end of the block of KFC, it's not that. It's the NEXT coffee shop (basically next to this one, but have to cross the road).

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 06:21:32 PM »
Mum's Place @ damansara perdana "Malaysian" :P~~
senjyu sushi @ E@curve
jack's place  @ 1Utama western. like their baked potato stuffing.. dun order the set meal..cheap but the meat is kinda boring and fries instead of baked potatoes
1world hotel @ 1Utama breakfast

lots of chinese food at the curve.. but never eaten since it's usually haram
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Offline siodee

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 11:53:11 AM »
Mum's Place @ damansara perdana "Malaysian" :P~~
senjyu sushi @ E@curve
jack's place  @ 1Utama western. like their baked potato stuffing.. dun order the set meal..cheap but the meat is kinda boring and fries instead of baked potatoes
1world hotel @ 1Utama breakfast

lots of chinese food at the curve.. but never eaten since it's usually haram

Mum Place - Good
senjyu - not yet try
Jack place - so so only
1world hotel - breakfast (I only tried their food at some meeting functions, just okay)

any recommendation for famous Fish head curry, Pan Mee in PJ

Offline kinson

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 12:14:47 PM »

There's a Pan Mee stall in PJ State (around the MPPJ building) that sells well, she sells the "torn" type of pan mee too. She's there in the afternoon, night time she's in PJ old town (opposite the public bank).

On a side note, the same coffee shop (as the Pan Mee in afternoon) has very good duck rice in the evenings, and the pork noodles in the OPPOSITE coffee shop has very good pork noodles (though Cheras one is better). There used to be a good fried kuey tiaw in that area too, but the coffee shop closed and I don't know where the guy went to :(

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 09:37:48 AM »
Any recommendations for sunway mentari area?

Offline takashi78

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2011, 11:36:02 AM »
As Chris said...besides all the steamboat....what else is there at Sunway Mentari?

Offline siodee

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2011, 11:52:46 AM »

There's a Pan Mee stall in PJ State (around the MPPJ building) that sells well, she sells the "torn" type of pan mee too. She's there in the afternoon, night time she's in PJ old town (opposite the public bank).

On a side note, the same coffee shop (as the Pan Mee in afternoon) has very good duck rice in the evenings, and the pork noodles in the OPPOSITE coffee shop has very good pork noodles (though Cheras one is better). There used to be a good fried kuey tiaw in that area too, but the coffee shop closed and I don't know where the guy went to :(

PJ State, super duperb difficult find parking...I tried the stew duck, very good, even my foreign friends like it. But dont remember seeing pan mee in the same shop. Is it around the same row or same row as the graphic design school?

I like the pork noodle at Taman Sea

Any recommendations for sunway mentari area?

Bro, not familiar with Sunway, only know steamboat a lots like Takashi78 said  ;D

Offline kinson

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2011, 12:01:46 PM »

PJ State, super duperb difficult find parking...I tried the stew duck, very good, even my foreign friends like it. But dont remember seeing pan mee in the same shop. Is it around the same row or same row as the graphic design school?

Saito? I think it's the same row as Strawberry or something. it's actually right next to UOB bank, should be the same as the duck shop. The duck stall is only available at night, while the pan mee is available during lunch (at PJ State anyways).

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2011, 12:27:38 PM »
The duck rice is gd...
Never try ban min there...
I use to hang around the area after visiting mbpj those day... Not aware of gd fd other than the duck rice start at 5pm....

How come sunway mentari no gd fd...
Looks like got to eat at belly good again

Offline takashi78

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011, 12:48:16 PM »
Yalor Chris....haih....i personally not a fan of steamboat....if not we try the "ma la" one next to Belly Good.

I just had char siew and siew yok rice for lunch today haha....

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2011, 04:02:24 PM »
I heard Belly Good...we trying it out tonight??

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline siodee

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 02:16:25 PM »
Just tried out the Pan Mee near Dataran Prima, the shop is called Cha Cha, is just next to the road, quite good...but expensive.

Offline kinson

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 02:45:51 PM »
Just tried out the Pan Mee near Dataran Prima, the shop is called Cha Cha, is just next to the road, quite good...but expensive.

I went there before, but my friend only told me I should order the dry one after my food came :( average only, I didn't like it. I felt the spicy pan mee in setapak wangsa maju much better. Just my 2 cents. :Praying:

Offline nayo

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2011, 09:13:33 PM »
Pan Mee is out of this world at SS19/6 in Subang Jaya. Morning till lunch time, with about 10am being the best time to drop by.
 Enter SS19 near the Shell station traffic lights that lead to Lick Hung school. First shop on the left is Bacfree water filters with Hong Leong bank in the middle. Pan mee is end of this block at the first left turn in. So popular one needs to take a queue number and the wait can be long. For the likes of me, I never took notice of the coffee shop name. The coffee shop also serves refreshing coconut and sugar cane drinks at the front. Watch the Indon helper slay the coconut with deft strokes.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011, 10:11:03 AM »
Pan Mee is out of this world at SS19/6 in Subang Jaya. Morning till lunch time, with about 10am being the best time to drop by.
 Enter SS19 near the Shell station traffic lights that lead to Lick Hung school. First shop on the left is Bacfree water filters with Hong Leong bank in the middle. Pan mee is end of this block at the first left turn in. So popular one needs to take a queue number and the wait can be long. For the likes of me, I never took notice of the coffee shop name. The coffee shop also serves refreshing coconut and sugar cane drinks at the front. Watch the Indon helper slay the coconut with deft strokes.

yes. This one gd. The flour mix with corn/?? Starch alot, it pull by hand with it's still wet.
So the texture is soft n smooth...
The more expensive type of ikan bilis used.
The taste jus ok to little salty
but the killing part is ling q long waiting time!!!

Offline siodee

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2011, 11:57:47 AM »
hmm, in my list to try

1) Pan Mee at PJ state
2) Pan Mee at subang Jaya
3) Hokkien mee at 222

well, at least can keep my stomach bz.... :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Fairy Oly

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2011, 11:00:33 PM »
always don't know what to eat during lunch time. =.=

any recommended places to eat which got really nice or special food and most importantly to me, AIRCON!!

best in PJ area bangsar hatamas also okay ^^
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Offline siodee

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 11:31:35 AM »
Just had the Chili Pan Mee for lunch at chow yang,  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:, first time try it, and I love it. Something different from normal soup or dry Pan Mee

Offline jayctx

• Freshie
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2023, 05:14:54 PM »
I love the teochew braised duck at pj new town area. But only open for dinner and quite popular among the locals.

Offline aclosewatch

• Freshie
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2024, 07:32:24 AM »
Ah Hwa Hokkien Mee @ PJ222
Luck Kee @ Tmn Paramount