Author Topic: Thoughts on the 2020 Silver Snoopy Omega Speedmaster  (Read 9074 times)

Offline megaronnt88

Thoughts on the 2020 Silver Snoopy Omega Speedmaster
« on: October 18, 2020, 06:50:02 AM »
Contemplating buying my 1st and probably only Speedy in 2020 or 2021 and initially wanted something special like a Limited Edition. Narrowed it down to Speedy Tuesday 1, Tokyo 2020 Panda and now came the 50th Anniversary Snoopy. However, it’s not a limited edition and priced on the high side (USD9.6k or RM40k). But still I find myself drawn to it with its beautiful case back and animation, the snoopy story, blue panda against a silver dial.

Wonder what’s everyone’s thoughts about this 2020 Snoopy? Good buy? Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 09:44:18 AM by megaronnt88 »

Offline G.MAC

Re: Thoughts on the 2020 Silver Snoopy Omega Speedmaster
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 08:10:31 AM »
If you can and want to afford it, I'd say go for it. I love a lot of things about the Snoopy but not at what it cost. Having looked at all the offerings of the Moonwatch, I still feel that the basic one is the best. For the rest, I do not see the reason why I should pay more.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline Kesharoo

I like it too but can only put name down at omega boutique...
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 09:22:04 AM »
So Lord knows when or if I will be called.

Offline c4all

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 04:41:13 PM »
Wow....a RM40k Omega Moonwatch that is not limited. Dont know if i would go that high for one.

Offline W3ll

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 06:53:37 PM »
RM39,600 to be exact, beautiful piece but price is very ambitious for a non limited edition watch this time (only limited by production time frame) , there are a lot of hype going on for this watch and the omega boutique are flaunting their extremely long waitlist and dropping hints that they are giving this piece to their "preferred" customer first. For those who are wanting to get them from the ADs would have to probably wait a little longer.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 06:59:30 PM by Petai300 »

Offline bimmerman

• Dating for unattached relationships
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 06:58:08 PM »
Don't like this one. To me it's serious money for a not serious looking watch. The Ultraman with the hidden ultraman is a nice touch but this one... Nice colour and all but that white snoopy kinda messes up the aesthetics for me. Just my opinion. To each his own!

Offline megaronnt88

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 07:08:36 PM »
If you can and want to afford it, I'd say go for it. I love a lot of things about the Snoopy but not at what it cost. Having looked at all the offerings of the Moonwatch, I still feel that the basic one is the best. For the rest, I do not see the reason why I should pay more.
Well it comes with the newest 3861 METAS approved caliber and cool caseback animation

Offline megaronnt88

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 07:11:36 PM »
RM39,600 to be exact, beautiful piece but price is very ambitious for a non limited edition watch this time (only limited by production time frame) , there are a lot of hype going on for this watch and the omega boutique are flaunting their extremely long waitlist and dropping hints that they are giving this piece to their "preferred" customer first. For those who are wanting to get them from the ADs would have to probably wait a little longer.
Not in Malaysia now but called an omega boutique back home and they took my name and number and said I’m on the list but I’m not 100% sure I’ll ever get the call. Try to stay positive I guess 1st time omega buyer don’t really know how it goes

Offline megaronnt88

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2020, 07:14:59 PM »
Don't like this one. To me it's serious money for a not serious looking watch. The Ultraman with the hidden ultraman is a nice touch but this one... Nice colour and all but that white snoopy kinda messes up the aesthetics for me. Just my opinion. To each his own!
To each their own very true. However, Snoopy was the official mascot for NASA and the silver snoopy award was the highest award given out by NASA to their team and very rarely to one of their vendors like Omega so hence the not so serious but definitely relevant Snoopy.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2020, 08:48:13 PM »
My take on it..

1. Love the blue colour on the silver dial and blue ceramic bezel but wished they kept the Snoppy at the back or if it had to be there, a silhouette instead.

2. The continuous rotating earth at the back is a nice touch and the shuttle going around when the chrono is activated is beautiful but wish they had use a complete disc instead of having a little "stick" with the shuttle at the end.

3. The new calibre 3861 is yet to be proven.

4. As many have expressed, the price at almost RM40k is quite high for a standard production watch although I am told discounts will be available...

Offline megaronnt88

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2020, 08:57:24 PM »
My take on it..

1. Love the blue colour on the silver dial and blue ceramic bezel but wished they kept the Snoppy at the back or if it had to be there, a silhouette instead.

2. The continuous rotating earth at the back is a nice touch and the shuttle going around when the chrono is activated is beautiful but wish they had use a complete disc instead of having a little "stick" with the shuttle at the end.

4. As many have expressed, the price at almost RM40k is quite high for a standard production watch although I am told discounts will be available...
It’s not a Std production but rather limited production as demand > supply.

1st I’ve heard about a discount but sure .. y not.

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2020, 10:10:12 AM »
I like the watch in general, although I wish the blue on the dial did not match the blue on the bezel; having either one in black would really set a contrast. If you ask me, nothing very unique about the front. However, I love the caseback; I think one of the most interesting casebacks out there. And 3861 should be pretty solid and reliable as 1861 before it.

Unfortunately, I do not like the price -- at RM39,600 this is difficult to stomach. I am ok with limited production (not limited edition), but I would be concerned if this was for sale by ADs, especially knowing the possibility of them handing out discounts when the watch (oyy, 39.6k!) cannot be sold.

Worth considering if boutique only, but definitely not when ADs will eventually be selling this watch too.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 10:12:28 AM by r3kahsttub »

Offline megaronnt88

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2020, 11:38:48 AM »
I like the watch in general, although I wish the blue on the dial did not match the blue on the bezel; having either one in black would really set a contrast. If you ask me, nothing very unique about the front. However, I love the caseback; I think one of the most interesting casebacks out there. And 3861 should be pretty solid and reliable as 1861 before it.

Unfortunately, I do not like the price -- at RM39,600 this is difficult to stomach. I am ok with limited production (not limited edition), but I would be concerned if this was for sale by ADs, especially knowing the possibility of them handing out discounts when the watch (oyy, 39.6k!) cannot be sold.

Worth considering if boutique only, but definitely not when ADs will eventually be selling this watch too.
Hmm... would they sell via ADs? hope not

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2020, 11:51:32 AM »

Hmm... would they sell via ADs? hope not
AD will receive the stock but not so soon...

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2020, 02:11:57 PM »
Yes, I know its not soon... but worrying is that AD will be selling the 2020 Snoopy as well. There is a chance that it will be offered with some discount, as long as stock does not move. If it was similar to the Apollo 11 anniversary, no issues since OB only and you don't see them anywhere. But don't forget that the 60th Anniversary speedy was also carried by some ADs and some that I know of were sold with discounts.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2020, 05:44:01 PM »
Yes, I know its not soon... but worrying is that AD will be selling the 2020 Snoopy as well. There is a chance that it will be offered with some discount, as long as stock does not move. If it was similar to the Apollo 11 anniversary, no issues since OB only and you don't see them anywhere. But don't forget that the 60th Anniversary speedy was also carried by some ADs and some that I know of were sold with discounts.

ADs should be getting them in March 2021 and I'm hoping it comes with a good discount.

Offline megaronnt88

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2020, 07:10:04 PM »

ADs should be getting them in March 2021 and I'm hoping it comes with a good discount.
Cool. Do hook me up with ADs with discounts pls

Offline W3ll

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2020, 10:46:11 PM »
My take on it..

Really with a discount at such an early stage? the demand or rather the hype over this watch right now is quite positive and the omega boutiques so far have been saying as long as you have no purchase history it might be a long long wait to get the watch and I am also seeing in other countries that omega has to stop accepting deposits for the watch as there is a great demand for it, with all this going around now it would be rather unusual to see discount coming up so soon.

We probably have to wait and see how the demand can sustain the supply of this watch since no one knows how many watches can omega produce in a year and also how long are they going to keep producing this snoopy edition.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 10:49:12 PM by Petai300 »

Offline dpkong

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2020, 11:57:44 PM »
I must have been dreaming and thought there was a discount. My bad..

Offline megaronnt88

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2020, 01:34:39 PM »
Here in shanghai it’s a 12mths wait and only from boutiques

Offline tllee4567

• Freshie
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2020, 01:42:46 PM »
I believe this piece is only available via Omega boutiques as I have checked with my AD on this. But not really sure if this is 100% correct. The piece is nicely made with the latest movement but the price is super expensive for a non-LE piece. I guess they are trying to catch up to Daytona with this new price tag. I have put my name down in Omega boutique and I was told that they would offer to their "preferred" customers first. Will decide there and then once they call me its my turn. :P

Offline megaronnt88

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2020, 01:53:16 PM »
I believe this piece is only available via Omega boutiques as I have checked with my AD on this. But not really sure if this is 100% correct. The piece is nicely made with the latest movement but the price is super expensive for a non-LE piece. I guess they are trying to catch up to Daytona with this new price tag. I have put my name down in Omega boutique and I was told that they would offer to their "preferred" customers first. Will decide there and then once they call me its my turn. :P
Waitlist without any cash down? Hmm... I did the same but don’t really expect to receive the ‘call’ since there’s no monetary commitment.

I mean realistically I dun see y Boutique would bother entertaining a non binding waitlist / reservation. Imagine what a waste of time if many book for the fun of it then cancel when allocated. Haha

Offline W3ll

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2020, 04:04:23 PM »

Yes is going to be a boutique piece first, AD still not sure if they are getting their allocation yet.

Offline FourRings

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2020, 07:54:12 PM »
What..  :o 39k for this piece. A beautiful piece but hard to digest price tag man. I wonder how long is the waiting list

Offline Kesharoo

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2020, 07:45:09 AM »
More than 1 year apparently, more buyers than supply so you already know what is going to happen.