Author Topic: My AP 15400 off to the service centre....  (Read 14882 times)

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
My AP 15400 off to the service centre....
« on: March 14, 2013, 12:44:50 PM »

Right side of the deployant push piece fell off.
I did not know when and I did not know how.
The watch have been sent back to my AD which will send it to the service centre.
Might take a month... sigh...

Realized it today when the clasp push piece start digging into my wrist making it feel uncomfortable.

The push piece for the left side is still intact but I am asking them to apply more loctite or whatever that they do to tighten it up so that it will not suffer the same fate as the right sided sibling.

Yeah I am abit disappointed but will wait till everything is done and will reserve comments of the overall experience til then.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 12:46:51 PM by hanz079 »
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline takashi78

Re: My AP 15400 off to the service centre....
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 12:53:46 PM »
Sucks....

Can you tell what is used to secure the pushers?
Some type or adhesive or small screw?

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 01:02:26 PM »
Sucks....

Can you tell what is used to secure the pushers?
Some type or adhesive or small screw?

It's a small screw...
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 01:10:43 PM »
bro, I know you must be very disappointed and upset...
Do keep us updated.
According to some mwf forummers, there was a case of the ceramic bezel of the JLC NS Diving alarm falling off too... if it happened to me I'd be real pissed with JLC.
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 01:13:29 PM »
If its a held together with adhesive i would "understand" it being easier to fail.
But screw?
Sad but lucky the watch didn't fall off your wrist.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 01:18:02 PM »
Yeah... I am still scratching my head wondering how did it happen...

But I will give AP the benefit of the doubt as this is a whole new clasp design.
Might be lacking real world usage testing.
Highlighting problems like these tend to make them realize whatever design flaw that it has and improve upon it.
I do not see it as the end of the world.
Just giving a helping hand to AP and making them know there are some problems.

Disappointed? Yeah... but like I said, it's not the end of the world.
Pissed? Not really. If they refused to repair it or go as far to say that it's my fault? Then yeah... I'd be pissed.

Let's just wait and see how the whole experience turned out.

Offline The Godzilla

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 01:24:44 PM »
can you request for a replacement instead of repair?

this is not Seiko, AP man...even if they repaired it, deep down my heart I still feel not right, I want a new clasp!

Offline shamtv2555

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 01:25:43 PM »
omg...... AP ler tht ... how it happen...  ???

Offline Spider boy

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 01:26:02 PM »
How unfortunate and i know you must be gutted for such incident to happen . Anyway i hope it will be covered by your warranty and hope you'll be able to get it back as soon as possible. If it's only the parts for the strap, they should have it in stock in singapore. And it might be even quicker if you would have send it to singapore's yourself than giving it back to your local AD. (which i believe is the one at oneB) . ...

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 01:34:56 PM »
Actually I am ok.
Just hope that they get it rectified fast and I want my watch back.
I will be more interested to find out how the whole experience will be like.
I am one that value after sales service... if it's bad... I can assure you that the watch will be on it's way out.
Who wants to own a watch where you know the after sales service will be bad and you still need to send it in once every 5 years right?

With the ease of sharing stories via social media. Posting these pictures and also my story on AP fb page will make them rectify it pronto I would believe... lol

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 01:40:14 PM »
I feel for you bro, the crown on my ex-Ball Fireman fell off after few months. Take them 3 weeks to fix that.

Maybe can drop a note to AP Singapore to speed thing up?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 01:42:12 PM by ck77 »

Offline euclidorus

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 02:03:28 PM »
Although these things happen, though more often in premium products from my observations (same in cars), I know how you feel given this is AP. Even if a new clasp, you would have expect them to have rigorously tested it first rather than have the customer suffer the unfortunate fate. Sometimes human beings tend to overlook the simpler things. If I were AP, I would replace a new bracelet for you, doesn't cost them too much.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 02:11:14 PM »
Although these things happen, though more often in premium products from my observations (same in cars), I know how you feel given this is AP. Even if a new clasp, you would have expect them to have rigorously tested it first rather than have the customer suffer the unfortunate fate. Sometimes human beings tend to overlook the simpler things. If I were AP, I would replace a new bracelet for you, doesn't cost them too much.

Same thing happen to my dad's Honda Civic... the ABS brakes seems to have problems.
After multiple trips to the service centre and changing numerous parts, finally the problem got solved.

And the manager said to my dad "You're lucky, we changed alot of parts and finally knew that the problem is with a small part. But you still get to keep the new parts that are not affected"

My dad told him "No, you're the lucky ones, because if another car come in with the same problem, you will know where and how to rectify it"

So, it's the same thing here.
I see my unfortunate incident as letting AP know there is a problem with that particular part, that it is prone to failure.
Maybe I am naive on my part but I am sure they will throw in some freebies for me.
It happened once.

Like I said, I am interested to see how this whole incident is handled.
It will be a barometer for me wether to stay or ditch the brand.
No brand is above criticism.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:13:26 PM by hanz079 »

Offline STT1987

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 03:30:01 PM »
Nothing worse than to send an expensive++ watch back to repair for things like these.

I've had to send back Omegas (just stopped working, damaged bezel), Breitlings (chronograph kong), Bell&Ross (noticeable defect on lume), Longines (internal bezel stopped working). Sometimes I think these luxury watch brands seems to be coasting on their reputation and letting these defects through their QA.
 >:( >:( >:( >:( :HammerHead:
“Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
This video will prepare you for internet life.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 05:00:45 PM »

I'm keeping an eye on this issue. Luckily a small matter of a screw coming off a non-critical part.

Meanwhile, maybe you need a backup AP ??   :HammerHead:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 05:37:26 PM »

I'm keeping an eye on this issue. Luckily a small matter of a screw coming off a non-critical part.

;D ;D

Offline sm

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 06:20:51 PM »
Thanks for sharing...
Lets track the timeline. Then we know if it lives up to its name & pricing..

Sm

Offline rfc

• Freshie
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 06:44:06 PM »
I've been here before with AP albeit with a different problem.  I'd be happy to share it privately if you want to PM me but my advice is pull the watch and personally take it down to th SC. 1 month is nonsense.  I am a member of other forums and such issues are more common than you would think.....

Offline JPSP

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 07:22:28 PM »
Nothing worse than to send an expensive++ watch back to repair for things like these.

I've had to send back Omegas (just stopped working, damaged bezel), Breitlings (chronograph kong), Bell&Ross (noticeable defect on lume), Longines (internal bezel stopped working). Sometimes I think these luxury watch brands seems to be coasting on their reputation and letting these defects through their QA.
 >:( >:( >:( >:( :HammerHead:

i'd the same experience with JLC, Rolex and Zenith...i've kinda gotten used to it..no big deal...as long as they deal with it asap and have good after sales service...

Offline takashi78

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 07:33:29 PM »
To me "shit happens", as long as the after sales is good. To me thats what makes or breaks this kinda high end brands.

Offline Dickson Lim

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 07:57:17 PM »
Wow Han, this is the first time I read this fault. Really not sure why the screws will fell out, did you remove the clasp or adjust them before? Hope AP would sort your problem fast.  :Cheers:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2013, 08:16:46 PM »
Wow Han, this is the first time I read this fault. Really not sure why the screws will fell out, did you remove the clasp or adjust them before? Hope AP would sort your problem fast.  :Cheers:

I have no idea as to how or why the screws fell out as well.
There is nothing to adjust for the screws other than to take the pushers out, so I have no reason to touch em.

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 09:26:09 PM »
Han...

Instead of sending the 'whole' watch, ask your AD tech to remove the bracelet only and send for rectification works...be it replacement or repair on the clasp.

dc

I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline The Godzilla

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2013, 09:48:16 PM »
I was thinking, can we just send the bracelets for repair / replacement / inspection / warranty claim and etc?

Or vice versa, sending the head and keeping the bracelets because I heard many horror stories that watch send to service, come back with scratches

Offline dpkong

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2013, 11:39:50 PM »

;D ;D

Sneaky fella.. which one are you getting????