Author Topic: Which one would you keep? Tudor Heritage Chrono or Tag Heuer Autavia?  (Read 14821 times)

Offline nazren

Supposing you prefer to keep only one...both share similar lineage...race pedigree, chrono etc...

opinions much appreciated...here's some photo of the 2 watches...

Tudor

Tag Autavia

Note: photos not mine...courtesy from the web...

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
Re: Which one would you keep? Tudor Heritage Chrono or Tag Heuer Autavia?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 01:47:03 PM »
If choose between these 2, I'll choose the Tudor.

For Tag, I'll only go for this,

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 02:03:42 PM »

+1

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 02:24:27 PM »
Do you mean that you owned both and now one will have to go?
If that is the case, I would keep the Tudor heritage chrono.
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline Af050263

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 02:29:13 PM »
my opinion definately is tudor

Offline Primus

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 02:50:07 PM »
for me def wld be the tudor. less popular, i prefer that brand over tag and looks better

Offline STT1987

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 03:09:18 PM »
I will definitely go for the Tag Heuer Autavia. The casing design is retro and very unique compared to the Tudor.

It's very subjective, whatever floats your boat since you paid for it.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 03:11:11 PM by STT1987 »
“Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
This video will prepare you for internet life.

Offline Dickson Lim

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 03:59:54 PM »
I will definitely go for the Tag Heuer Autavia. The casing design is retro and very unique compared to the Tudor.

It's very subjective, whatever floats your boat since you paid for it.

Tudor all the way.
Anyway, there are quite some good/cheaper alternative with this type of case from Hamilton.   :Cheers:

Offline ranj85

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 04:10:01 PM »
The tudor... unique, and not as common as a tag... plus to me it looks better than the tag.....

Offline JeffNg

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 04:29:24 PM »
tudor heritage.. there is something about this watch that turns me on! haha.. but in a good way.. :Cheers:

Offline yifan

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 05:37:21 PM »
Tudor.the design of case looks more comfort to me.Tag's casing a bt weird,my part of opinion only.. :Cheers:
Jom main Basketball petang ini..

Offline nazren

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 06:04:47 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys...yes i own both, the autavia will be picked up this weekend while i had the tudor for half a year...just thought they are both very similar in pedigree in fact too similar to me...

Looks like its tudor 100 votes against 1 for autavia...its no wonder autavia failed to sell well against the monacos and carreras (read that the autavia was only in production for 2 years before being discontinued - which makes it a rare timepiece then but thats another story). Strangely enough the tag felt more comfy on the wrist...at least on mine...

Tudor.the design of case looks more comfort to me.Tag's casing a bt weird,my part of opinion only.. :Cheers:

Ya the pillow design of the tag is not anyones cup of tea...

tudor heritage.. there is something about this watch that turns me on! haha.. but in a good way.. :Cheers:

Yup...check out the trailer on youtube for the tudor heritage...CCR's fantastic cover of marvin gaye's classic song over a classic Porsche ad...

Again thanks for all who opined...maybe i will spend some time with both watches for further evaluation...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 06:06:41 PM by nazren »

Offline GlennTanChiaChiah

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 07:16:41 PM »

+2

Offline JPSP

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 07:22:03 PM »
No brainer for me. Tudor for sure. I owned this before and it's really nice.

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
  • More than meets the eye
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 06:51:03 AM »
Tudor...... :thumbsup:
Jacky Wong

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 09:26:13 AM »
I would keep both as they aren't the same. Unless it is a financial burden.

The case of the Autavia is represent the funky 70s. Lotsa of brand have this pillow case design. However the Autavia actually goes thru 2 major upgrade. Before 1969 all the Autavia were manual wind with classic round case. When Heuer/Breitling/Hamilton/Dubois Depraz develop the supposely 1st automatic chronograph movement (calibre 11) Heuer introduce the new pillow case.

Lotsa of history in this watch.  :D

As for Tudor, it's the 1st time Rolex/Tudor ever pay tribute to their vintage. I say tribute because it really resemble the vintage model. Most of the time manufacturer just do a reinterpretation like the Milgauss.

Of course the choice is up to you. All I wanna share to you is these 2 are not the same except they both take cue from the original design in the 70s.

Best
Tyler

Offline shamtv2555

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 09:38:50 AM »
confirm tudor..

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 10:53:18 AM »
I am with bro Tyler on this. If there is no financial burden on you, I would advise you to keep both. Both are iconic pieces linked with the world of motorsports. But then again, there is always the temptation of upgrading that forces the hand so I feel you on this bro.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline nazren

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 12:35:43 PM »
I would keep both as they aren't the same. Unless it is a financial burden.

The case of the Autavia is represent the funky 70s. Lotsa of brand have this pillow case design. However the Autavia actually goes thru 2 major upgrade. Before 1969 all the Autavia were manual wind with classic round case. When Heuer/Breitling/Hamilton/Dubois Depraz develop the supposely 1st automatic chronograph movement (calibre 11) Heuer introduce the new pillow case.

Lotsa of history in this watch.  :D

As for Tudor, it's the 1st time Rolex/Tudor ever pay tribute to their vintage. I say tribute because it really resemble the vintage model. Most of the time manufacturer just do a reinterpretation like the Milgauss.

Of course the choice is up to you. All I wanna share to you is these 2 are not the same except they both take cue from the original design in the 70s.

Best
Tyler

Thank for the brief insight Tyler, of which one could not get off the web. of course best is to keep both but the tudor is a bit anti climax for me as i expected way too much from the watch before i bought it due to the various praises it has gotten from bloggers and basel but then when i finally got it ...hmmm... maybe felt too similar to a rolex...

I am with bro Tyler on this. If there is no financial burden on you, I would advise you to keep both. Both are iconic pieces linked with the world of motorsports. But then again, there is always the temptation of upgrading that forces the hand so I feel you on this bro.

yes i tend to agree on the desire to upgrade. always tempting with new 'discoveries'...

confirm tudor..

with so many forumers voting for the tudor i wonder if its the brand or the particular watch that that they are going for...if so then tudor as a whole is more popular than tag i may say?

Offline amir1218

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 01:57:54 PM »
I vote for the Tudor chrono.

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 08:04:17 PM »
The watch is a joy to wear. Is a good size maybe a bit thicker than I would prefer but not all that bothering. The grey dial is better than the black and I love the eschew rectangular shape sub dial very retro. I don't remember Rolex ever did anything funky except maybe the 1655. It's a watch that will grow on you. i still remember it takes years for me to get one. When I did I am the happiest man.

Thank for the brief insight Tyler, of which one could not get off the web. of course best is to keep both but the tudor is a bit anti climax for me as i expected way too much from the watch before i bought it due to the various praises it has gotten from bloggers and basel but then when i finally got it ...hmmm... maybe felt too similar to a rolex...

You might be the the minority on this.

with so many forumers voting for the tudor i wonder if its the brand or the particular watch that that they are going for...if so then tudor as a whole is more popular than tag i may say?

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 02:27:09 PM »
I have always liked both watches. The Heritage grey looks retro but I also like the black dial - smart looking. As for the autavia, I prefer the white and blue combo version. I'd keep both as they are nice watches. But if am forced to choose one... prob tilt towards the Heritage as it looks like a more solid watch. The Black Bay is classic too! but I digress...
"...But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary." - John Keating, Dead Poets Society

Offline myric

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 10:32:31 PM »
I go for Tag Heuer Autavia, simplybecause of the casing design is "very heritage" and rare compared to this Tudor Heritage Chrono. I love it.

And this tudor does not easily stand out among other chrono, but this Tag Autavia tends to catch your eyes.

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 04:02:05 AM »
why sell any of them ? 2 nice time pieces there :D
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Offline nazren

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2013, 10:01:56 AM »
Hi Guys,

been wearing the autavia for a few weeks now...usually i am a righty but since the autovia crown is on the left it sorta digs in to my wrist a bit so i wear the autavia on my left...more comfy...here's a wrist shot...