Author Topic: Omega Seamaster 300M (2012- facelift model)  (Read 14803 times)

Offline erin8817

• Freshie
Omega Seamaster 300M (2012- facelift model)
« on: September 23, 2012, 04:29:49 PM »
Hi All,

Just want to seek your opinion on the 2012 Facelifted Omega Seamaster 300M

http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamaster/300-m-diver-chronometer/21230412001003
http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2012/01/omega-seamaster-diver-co-axial-300m.html

I'm planning to get it as a regular daily beater.

Omega doesn't seem to have a strong following here.
Maybe someone can share some opinions/light for me.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
Re: Omega Seamaster 300M (2012- facelift model)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 04:42:35 PM »
I cannot comment much on the new model as I have only tried it on.
But I have owned the previous generation one with the wavy dial.

Since the new generation's changes is only cosmetic... with the ceramic bezel and smooth dial.
Some say that the movement, 2500 is the new D iteration which is suppose to clear out all the teething problems from the older models.
It's priced quite competitively.
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline Everdying

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 07:56:36 PM »
i've got one, no real complains.
was what i wore during raya :P

Offline dpkong

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 09:14:07 PM »

i've got one, no real complains.
was what i wore during raya :P

need better pics....  :HammerHead:

Offline Everdying

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 09:57:34 PM »
lol, no need better pic.
but imo, if you want blue, the older wave dial looks better.
the newer ceramic blue doesnt look quite right.
for the black, its the reverse with the ceramic one looking much better.

of cos another attraction for me is the blue lume on the newer model.

Offline ivanpei

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 06:42:50 AM »
I like the old Wavy Blue dial better too. However, the Seamaster is a great watch. I'm wearing the Chronodiver (with Chronograph) version and it's fantastic. The bracelet is extremely comfortable, the clasp is very easy to use and generally the watch is excellent. It's probably the best value chronometer you can get for your money. FYI the old Wavy Dial Chronodiver is still available (Moded Valjoux movement, well known to be extremely reliable).

I wanted to go for the regular 300m, but ended up getting the Chronodiver because it's thicker & heavier (wears bigger), and I like the extra chrono function. The Chronodiver is also the first Chronograph in the world that can be operated underwater. It has some impressive history behind it.

Offline sooncheng1990

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 09:23:20 AM »
I cannot comment much on the new model as I have only tried it on.
But I have owned the previous generation one with the wavy dial.

Since the new generation's changes is only cosmetic... with the ceramic bezel and smooth dial.
Some say that the movement, 2500 is the new D iteration which is suppose to clear out all the teething problems from the older models.
It's priced quite competitively.

Bro, that is a nice watch...i have it on my radar now!! Enjoy!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline sshark

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 01:02:39 PM »
I see blue lume is the new trend not just Omega.  Is it for Better visibility at greater depth or aesthetic?

Offline kaka23

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 08:42:20 PM »
Wave dail looks better to me...

Offline horomas

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 09:48:56 AM »
The ceramic bezelled model does look cool with the shiny insert and cool blue lume.Mine is coming in soon and looking forward to it

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 10:17:52 AM »
hi,
I dont think the statement is entirely accurate.
A lot of mwf members own Omegas.
I used to have 3 and they all had excellent build quality with very accurate timekeeping.
However your interests will change as you go through different phases and it will keep changing.

I highly recommend the Co-Axials as I had 2 of them including the SMP Co-Axial mentioned in this thread. Excellent build quality with very good accuracy rates. Good value for money in the past but nowadays Omega prices are fast approaching Rollie prices..

Hi All,
Omega doesn't seem to have a strong following here.
Maybe someone can share some opinions/light for me.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:37:24 AM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline horomas

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 10:32:17 AM »
On the contrary,
Omegas  esp the sports models are very popular here.I have had a few that came and went

Offline IWCking

• I am poor but i am kind...
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 10:14:20 PM »
Yeah seamaster is all time classic. But I wont go for any of its limited edition cos its meaningless other than paying for premium. I kind of lost count of how many lim ed of seamaster or speedmaster releasing each year.  :Laughing_on_floor:
I am broke but I am happy...

Offline takashi78

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 10:43:39 PM »
Limited Edition is one thing, but making over 1000+ pieces and calling Limited is just LOL !

Offline IWCking

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 10:53:23 PM »
Limited Edition is one thing, but making over 1000+ pieces and calling Limited is just LOL !

There are some 5,000 pieces  limited edition if i am not mistaken.  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 11:32:04 PM »

There are some 5,000 pieces  limited edition if i am not mistaken.  :Laughing_on_floor:
Just an excuse to give lesser discount or sometimes none at all...
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline IWCking

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 11:43:54 PM »

Just an excuse to give lesser discount or sometimes none at all...

Exactly mate !!! I will never get one for any of these yearly limited edition for sure.  :HammerHead:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 03:02:21 AM »

Are you talking about that particular "fashion brand"

:Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 07:42:05 AM »
Its better to be name special edition..Sometimes it might take years to sell all the 5000 pieces . just my opinion tony

Offline horomas

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 08:20:18 AM »
One of the few Ltd ed Speedies are prob the 35th anniv and the snoopy editions where people are paying big bucks

Offline IWCking

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 05:47:23 PM »

Are you talking about that particular "fashion brand"

:Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Not panerai donald. Panerai is not bad actually. But of course normally ah pek wont like it. (no offence :)). Their design is nice. But i reckon their movement has a lot to catch up.

BTW, its not 5,000. Latest one I checked, this Jame Bond Limited edition is 11,007 pieces globally.  :Laughing_on_floor:
Thus, I will only consider normal omega but not any of their "limited edition"  :mooning:

Offline sooncheng1990

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 09:48:55 AM »
But of course normally ah pek wont like it. (no offence :)). Their design is nice. But i reckon their movement has a lot to catch up.

Bro, not true leh. I see a lot of uncle uncle and ah peks wearing PAMs here in SG. THere is one ah pek more than 70 y/o always hanging around at the void deck of my block. He wears a PAM 24. My senior lecturer, damned ah pek look, thick hair coming out from nostrils - wears a PAM 88. Always gatal, trying to buaya the young girls and other younger female faculty members. Maybe he thinks he is Stallone..... :Laughing_on_floor:

Ah pek also want to look hot and fashionable mah.... ;D ;D ;D

After seeing Hanz079's pic, I am now targetting a Omega SEamaster... :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana:

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 11:05:46 AM »
Im also a ah pek n i do wear panerai as well. Very soon all ah pek will want to have one because of the readability .. fr tony.

Offline Everdying

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2012, 12:00:44 PM »
the way i see it, limited edition have diff meanings to diff ppl.
even in other areas like mass produced cameras, 10,000 units is still considered limited.
compared to the hundreds of thousands produced each month.

then on the other end, you have small companies who dont have the means to produce in decent enough quantity.
so the easy way out for them, is to call everything they produce a limited edition to give it some sort of illusion of grandeur.

Offline IWCking

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2012, 09:10:55 PM »
hahahahaha. if i have chance to grow old as ah pek, i will wear my Offshore around too.  :Laughing_on_floor:

No doubt there are some very 'in' ah pek. My point is just that 'normally' ah pek wont like big watches. I mean they will generally prefer rollie day just etc rather than panerai, big pilot or offshore. My mum even told me that she couldnt lift up her wrist when she tried to wear my panerai.  :Laughing_on_floor:

Glampyre, if you see that Omega is launching 50 year speedmaster limt ed, then follow by 51 year speedmaster limt ed, 52 year speedmaster limt ed etc and all of which come with big quantity of supply, you will know why I say i wont be keen to buy any of them. Anyway, no offence to any omega fan who owned one of the limited edition. I mean its your money and you get to spend the way you like it.  :Cheers: