Author Topic: Rose Gold  (Read 14888 times)

Offline G.MAC

Rose Gold
« on: June 27, 2012, 08:42:14 PM »
Was at my dealer friend's place today and saw a piece that I have been eyeing for a long time. Only problem is that it is in rose gold. So my question is, how do you know rose gold looks good on you and you are ready to pull it off? Is it the type of watch for e.g: dress, diver, pilot? Does it come with age? Or is it the skin tone? Or is it the fact that we can choose not too care and that rose gold actually looks good on anyone? All my watches are stainless steel so far and have not had one in precious metal. Would like to get feedback on this especially from those with rose gold watches or have decided that they can wear rose gold.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline IWCking

• I am poor but i am kind...
Re: Rose Gold
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 10:01:02 PM »
Listen to your soul. When u start to take rose gold seriously, then its time for you to answer the call. Rose gold looks good and its definitely quite versatile and its definitely not 'mature' looking like yellow gold. But i have to conceive that I haven't bought any rose gold yet. The first rose gold which i am going to pull trigger must be Lange.
I am broke but I am happy...

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 09:28:11 AM »
As long as it is done tastefully then I have no problem. I have experience on a few and the I found most of them pleasant to wear. I am not in my forties, hopes that help you.

Be mindful that there're various tone of rose gold all depend on the amount copper or nickel content the manufacturer decide to add into their case. Hence it's hard to discuss without a specific model in mind. Nevertheless I will shall with you some of the experiences I had.

- Ultra thin watch in RG: Fine by me, actually very elegant no old-timer feeling at all
- Rectangular dress watch black dial RG: The strap has gold stitching matches the watch very suave.
- Sport model with rubber strap: Very cool but might be too big for some wrist but I do have reserve if it's a diver or pilot watch.

Hope this helps

Regard
Tyler

Was at my dealer friend's place today and saw a piece that I have been eyeing for a long time. Only problem is that it is in rose gold. So my question is, how do you know rose gold looks good on you and you are ready to pull it off? Is it the type of watch for e.g: dress, diver, pilot? Does it come with age? Or is it the skin tone? Or is it the fact that we can choose not too care and that rose gold actually looks good on anyone? All my watches are stainless steel so far and have not had one in precious metal. Would like to get feedback on this especially from those with rose gold watches or have decided that they can wear rose gold.

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 09:49:21 AM »
Spot the CEO of MV Augusta wearing a ROO rose gold with ceramic (or maybe rubber bezel) in tv programme.. Sport yet elegance... :thumbsup:
To me rose gold look nicer thn yellow gold for any model except lolek...

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 04:41:29 PM »
I don mind wear gold watch frankly speaking. As long you yourself like it then why not pull trigger on it  :Cheers:

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 06:17:42 PM »
But how flashy is rose gold? Do not want something that is too flashy but prefer something mellow..

Offline takashi78

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 07:45:39 PM »
Anything that is not WG or Plat is gonna be flashy.

Unless you get one of those Urwerk plat watches but dlc'd !

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 09:12:43 PM »
I could be wrong but I believe the rose gold version of an equivalent ss model is heavier.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 09:27:57 PM »
Unless you wear a big RG watch like APROO or even full RG Daytona. A YG or RG dress watch is rather discreet.

U are into big watches like pam and you are scared of being flash?  :laugh:  :thumbsup:

But how flashy is rose gold? Do not want something that is too flashy but prefer something mellow.. :Confused:
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline dpkong

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 09:36:33 PM »
saw a RG Daytona in the wild recently and it was a beauty. i don't think it's as flashy as YG. go for it!

Offline IWCking

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 09:55:31 PM »
Spot the CEO of MV Augusta wearing a ROO rose gold with ceramic (or maybe rubber bezel) in tv programme.. Sport yet elegance... :thumbsup:

I have seemed people wearing ROO rose gold before even RC. They are very nice indeed. I always believe that yellow gold is best reserved for uncle.  :Laughing_on_floor: but not rose gold. Dont see anything wrong for people at 30s to carry rose gold which looks elegance.  :Cheers:

Offline IWCking

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 10:09:05 PM »
I could be wrong but I believe the rose gold version of an equivalent ss model is heavier.

Not only rose gold but white gold too. They are much heavier. I have tried both rose gold and white gold daytona. freaking heavy even though i am used to watch which is around 150gram. They are definitely much heavier than ss.

But i think rose gold watch is not going to be daily beater. No issue if its a dress watch which u can hide it underneath your cuff otherwise it may look a bit too blink blink and watch out especially in shopping complex carpark.  :HammerHead:

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 01:17:05 AM »
YG uncle?  :laugh: I rather like YG and guess that means I have uncle taste. Would love to trade up everything for a YG Daytona.

These guys are rocking YG DD and looks dope  :thumbsup:

Marc Jacobs

Philip Crangi

Brad Pitt

Kid Cudi

of course me....  ;D in just a T/T still small fry and still waiting to upgrade to YG

I have seemed people wearing ROO rose gold before even RC. They are very nice indeed. I always believe that yellow gold is best reserved for uncle.  :Laughing_on_floor: but not rose gold. Dont see anything wrong for people at 30s to carry rose gold which looks elegance.  :Cheers:

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 06:59:18 AM »
Unless you wear a big RG watch like APROO or even full RG Daytona. A YG or RG dress watch is rather discreet.
U are into big watches like pam and you are scared of being flash?  :laugh:  :thumbsup:
:Laughing_on_floor: Its bad enough to wear big watches but big watches in precious metals as well??  :Laughing_on_floor: However I will take all the discussion here into account and see what the next few days bring about.

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 07:21:44 AM »
Especially this guy. He's about to bring down da house  ;D
YG uncle?  :laugh: I rather like YG and guess that means I have uncle taste. Would love to trade up everything for a YG Daytona.

These guys are rocking YG DD and looks dope  :thumbsup:

of course me....  ;D in just a T/T still small fry and still waiting to upgrade to YG

Echo your thought I think YG is making a comeback where RG is being over done and on its to be passé. Which is good for ppl who don't want the bling look. 3 years ago RG was all that but now it seem just as a dressy metal.

More example of hotties wearing the golden nugget.

sigh ... ... I need a YG 1675  >:(

Regard
Tyler

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 07:29:57 AM »
I hear ya Tyler... what i really want for christmas is a 116528 and would gladly trade in my 2 front teeth  ;D

Offline takashi78

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 07:59:26 AM »
Right on brotha!

I would rock that all gold all day long if i can!

Rolex's Everose is a looker!

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 08:38:05 AM »
It will match your denim outfit perfectly.

Too modern for me though I prefer retro

Careful with this stuff. It will bankrupt a man.

I still dream of a 1675 YG ... ... age must have finally gotten into me :-\

Regards
Tyler

I hear ya Tyler... what i really want for christmas is a 116528 and would gladly trade in my 2 front teeth  ;D

Offline dpkong

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 06:53:19 PM »
while the OP was asking about rose gold, those 116528 sure are lookers!!

are we going to see wrist shots by Christmas???

:mooning:

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 08:28:10 PM »
I wish!!

But honestly a 116520 or 116523 would be more realistic unless the wife is willing to sponsor the balance  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline IWCking

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 08:39:16 PM »
U r a very good hubby. lol  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline keeekeee

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2012, 09:06:46 PM »
I'm also thinking about half gold coz too many steel. Friends n family said I will regret again so why not one shot go to RG gmt2 or Daytona.... But the price enuff for me to pay down payment for a new car..... Headache.

Suddenly in love with gold so much .....

Offline IWCking

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2012, 09:21:17 PM »
I'm also thinking about half gold coz too many steel. Friends n family said I will regret again so why not one shot go to RG gmt2 or Daytona.... But the price enuff for me to pay down payment for a new car..... Headache.

Go straight for RG or YG gmt or daytona if you like gold. Personally i think TT is neither here nor there. Also, the resell value can be quite bad for TT daytona. So if u really want TT daytona, better grab it from preowned market.  ;D

Offline dpkong

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2012, 06:23:36 PM »

Go straight for RG or YG gmt or daytona if you like gold. Personally i think TT is neither here nor there. Also, the resell value can be quite bad for TT daytona. So if u really want TT daytona, better grab it from preowned market.  ;D

getting a bit OT but while i do like the 116528 and 116505, i still love the looks of the 116523 and i guess it shows.

also, i just happened to get the feel of a 116509 this afternoon and it's quite a beauty as well but pre-owned price is very near a brand new Vios. very understated as it looks like steel. i'm liking it a lot more than i like rose or yellow gold now.

personally, i have always felt the asking price for a new or pre-owned steel Daytona is ridiculous.

so terrenceterrence, when do we see a wrist shot? at my local grey, there's a pre-owned 116523 with the rare Paul Newman dial, gold sub-dials on black...

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2012, 06:56:00 PM »
Damn! Ur panda dial is damn sweet. :thumbsup:.... And in preowned shops it flies out real fast! Was going to try it out in a shop with Sshark but we were one day too late.

Will have to wait abit longer for a 116520 cause will be getting a YM for the wife first. After that, any spare cash would be diverted to a new bigger place if the market crashes  :laugh:

Hopefully at the end of the year and any dealer willing to take in my Pam, I will be getting a "land" watch  :laugh:

Want to get a white one to complement the black dial of Dennis aka Causeway Bay Cha Nin Yan  :Laughing_on_floor:
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 07:01:35 PM by terrenceterrence »