Author Topic: Panerai PAM372 news  (Read 15191 times)

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
Panerai PAM372 news
« on: June 24, 2012, 04:50:07 PM »
Well looks like the first 3,500 pieces of the N series PAM00372 have been issued (hopefully sold). So what now? Well, the good news is that Panerai will have continued with the production of the PAM00372. It is now issuing the O series of the watch. The bad news? Well the current O series is 2,500 pieces. Hope Panerai continues to produce and make the PAM00372 a regular production watch.

Offline wslee

Re: Panerai PAM372 news
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 06:58:11 PM »
Any difference with O & N series?Sound like it no longer a 'LIMITED EDITION' Version after all.

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 07:20:14 PM »
I have not seen the watch in person but based on the available pictures, it is the same, just a smaller production number. The good news is that it looks like anyone who wants one should be able to get one with the total production standing at 6,000 pieces thus far. Hope that Panerai makes it a normal production like the PAM00111. Tha initial fear was that the PAM00372 was a once off production, making it a limited edition watch.

Of course the fear is that Panerai may stop the production of the ETA/ Unitas powered watches and move up the food scale. We have already seen the discontinuation of the base Radiomir, PAM00210. We are also seeing the introduction of the new Radiomir models in the PAM00424 and PAM00425. We are also seeing the introduction of the PAM00422 which started out life as a SE but is no longer. So we have the PAM00372 for base and PAM00422 as the Luminor Marina version of the base. All these models are powered by Panerai in-house movement.

We also have to appreciate that Panerai has a new factory and they have to recoup the cost. So the next few years would be very interesting for Panerai and it's collectors.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:18:35 PM by TheHobbit »

Offline gloomis

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 06:26:53 AM »
i personally think this 372 will be a regular production but it depends how many pcs in a year production only. O series can be 2500, mayb next will be limit the production gradually just like their radiomir series, 1500 to 1000 thn 800 then 500. but is good to see 372 in their regular production list  :thumbsup:

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 07:51:51 AM »
i personally think this 372 will be a regular production but it depends how many pcs in a year production only. O series can be 2500, mayb next will be limit the production gradually just like their radiomir series, 1500 to 1000 thn 800 then 500. but is good to see 372 in their regular production list  :thumbsup:

I hope not. It would be nice if Panerai maintain the production at about the 1,000 to 1,500 mark and not at the 500 mark.

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 03:22:42 PM »

I hope not. It would be nice if Panerai maintain the production at about the 1,000 to 1,500 mark and not at the 500 mark.

At 500 pcs per annum I'm guessing that the RRP for the 372 will probably have to be 3~4 times the current level. IMHO only a very select few would be willing to pay such stratospheric price for the 372.
Just my 2 cents.

:Cheers:

Offline fidoneo

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 06:49:23 PM »

At 500 pcs per annum I'm guessing that the RRP for the 372 will probably have to be 3~4 times the current level. IMHO only a very select few would be willing to pay such stratospheric price for the 372.
Just my 2 cents.

Hi danny ,any idea how much  372 in the market now ? isit 33800 ?

Stan
Sig sauer p2022 - luminor Marina
Sig Sauer p229 - Radiomir Black seal

A combination of handguns with timepieces

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 10:05:14 PM »

Stan

Hi Stan,
The RRP is RM33800. Street price is slightly lower. There are a few pieces available at the Merchants's Corner.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 10:29:47 PM »
I find that OP works like the OPEC cartel when it comes to releasing production numbers.

In order to control prices and keep interest up, they would control the release the numbers in accordance to market sentiments and also their to maximize their coffers in their great marketing schemes of things.

The all popular 111 was only produced 500 pieces in the year they introduced the manifattura auto calibres in order to garner some interest for the new line. So by doing this OP dictates what is sold and also generates interest in certain models IMHO
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 11:21:36 PM »
I find that OP works like the OPEC cartel when it comes to releasing production numbers.

In order to control prices and keep interest up, they would control the release the numbers in accordance to market sentiments and also their to maximize their coffers in their great marketing schemes of things.

The all popular 111 was only produced 500 pieces in the year they introduced the manifattura auto calibres in order to garner some interest for the new line. So by doing this OP dictates what is sold and also generates interest in certain models IMHO

Agree, OP is pretty good at what they are doing, especially in marketing their products. Maybe the lower numbers for the 372 is to ensure the sale of the 2012 novelties?

Offline fidoneo

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 04:31:45 AM »

Stan

Hi Stan,
The RRP is RM33800. Street price is slightly lower. There are a few pieces available at the Merchants's Corner.

Thanks Danny

Offline gloomis

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 05:19:43 AM »

Stan

Hi Stan,

Thanks Danny

hmmm.....mayb is time to consider a piece :Praying:

Offline fidoneo

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 06:34:54 AM »

Stan

Hi Stan,

Thanks Danny

Yeah gloomis

:thumbsup:

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 08:06:28 AM »

No need to consider. Get one before the next PAM GTG.  ;D

Offline fidoneo

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 08:59:31 AM »

No need to consider. Get one before the next PAM GTG.  ;D

Danny you poison kaki laa

;D

:thumbsup:

Offline WilsonWS

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 10:34:09 AM »
Well looks like the first 3,500 pieces of the N series PAM00372 have been issued (hopefully sold). So what now? Well, the good news is that Panerai will have continued with the production of the PAM00372. It is now issuing the O series of the watch. The bad news? Well the current O series is 2,500 pieces. Hope Panerai continues to produce and make the PAM00372 a regular production watch.

Have mixed emotions knowing this.

Good for people who has not been able to buy a 372 yet...

Bad for people who owned a 372 and thought that it would be a one-year production only... But for those who really loves the 372, who cares!

Anyhow, thanks Hobbit for sharing the news.

I have seen O series 372 up for sale in other forum too...

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 11:12:24 AM »
Personally to me it is good news. More people gets to enjoy the watch and perhaps the brand.

Offline dsiewmy

• Merchants
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 07:50:29 PM »
just saw this thread and would like to confirm about the O series.

just heard from the boutique about 2 weeks ago.
i asked the manager when he found out, and he was also dumbfounded LOL.
it's good news so far, but as you may know, pam models do come and go, some are continued, some are discontinued after awhile. that's the thing with panerai, nobody knows.

Offline zameenzahari

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 06:58:53 AM »
Any difference with O & N series?Sound like it no longer a 'LIMITED EDITION' Version after all.

OP has never mentioned that 372 will be a limited production piece. In fact when I spoke with them during one of the events, OP mentioned that it'll be a waste of a new case design (which 372 is the first with its neo vintage case) to just have a single production run.

Special editions would have come in the big presentation box plus all the bells and whistles (scroll ect)

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 07:14:34 AM »

OP has never mentioned that 372 will be a limited production piece. In fact when I spoke with them during one of the events, OP mentioned that it'll be a waste of a new case design (which 372 is the first with its neo vintage case) to just have a single production run.

Special editions would have come in the big presentation box plus all the bells and whistles (scroll ect)

OP at many a times did not or could not confirm if there were going to be more. Many read it as it will be a one off. Perhaps they read it the way they wanted it to be?

As for the SE coming in big boxes, not all do and not all normal production pieces comes in the small box either.

Offline zameenzahari

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 08:45:47 AM »

OP at many a times did not or could not confirm if there were going to be more. Many read it as it will be a one off. Perhaps they read it the way they wanted it to be?

As for the SE coming in big boxes, not all do and not all normal production pieces comes in the small box either.

I'm sorry Ivan but can you name me an official special edition without any scroll/SE box please?

There are those single production run and hence LIMITED in nature that comes in a normal presentation set like the PAM 40 for instance or 367 or the FU which are single run for specific markets but not in the catalogue as an OP Special Edition. While limited by the number produced, those are not Special Editions (note: Panerai does not have limited editions). Panerai precious metals (like the 140) comes in a bigger box but not the usual SE presentation box.

As for your comments on OP, I shared what was told to me by Alexandra Zoller (Panerai SPA) and jean Sebastien (Richemont Asia pac).

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2012, 09:05:16 AM »
Hi zameen,

Like you said, the 366 and 367 comes to mind. It comes with SE paperwork minus the the box. I know it can be considered a single run for a specific market but is that the same as specific run for a particular vendor? To me until and unless OP officially declare that they now have normal production, SE, LE, boutique edition, specific market edition and what ever else they have, to me there is only normal production and SE.

Offline wslee

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2012, 05:16:43 PM »
I would like to ask the expert in PAM. No offense to the PAM lover,i myself also a PAM lover. Sometimes i heard that PAM is not worth what you paid for. It will be better off to buy other brands. Ever since then, i would have second thought of getting PAM.

Can some of the expert share the view?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2012, 08:42:47 PM »
I would like to ask the expert in PAM. No offense to the PAM lover,i myself also a PAM lover. Sometimes i heard that PAM is not worth what you paid for. It will be better off to buy other brands. Ever since then, i would have second thought of getting PAM.

Every piece of pam is not worth? As compare to which brand that pam not worth?

Offline WilsonWS

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 07:18:57 AM »

Every piece of pam is not worth? As compare to which brand that pam not worth?

Im not expert in Pam. But allow me to say that:

There are bound to be model that is no "worth buying" in every brand. You just need to know "your game".

Anyhow, whatever is worth buying or not, it is all up to your own choice and preference. If it is something u really love, who cares!

You must know how to differentiate between "love" and "value". i.e. Whether u buy bcos u love it or u want it to keep value.

Just my 2 cents.

Kind regards,
Wilson