Author Topic: Baselworld 2012 - Rolex  (Read 15164 times)

Offline ivanswk

• Res ipsa loquitur :P
Baselworld 2012 - Rolex
« on: January 31, 2012, 07:51:03 AM »
what you like to see from rolex and some prediction on future model ;D

from the rolex forum i gather  ;D
bi-color gmt2c will be coming  :Cheers:

will the sub ceramic nd come ? :angel:
since rumours milgaus have been cease prod ? new model perhaps  :Cheers:
explorer 1 with longer hand  ::)

a photoshop sub nd ceramic, from rolex forum  :Praying: 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 07:54:52 AM by ivanswk »

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
Re: Baselworld 2012 - Rolex
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 08:07:08 AM »
will the sub ceramic nd come ? :angel:
highly possible and with new clasp.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 08:09:03 AM »
Bi Color GMTIIc is highly unlikely as I don't think anyone has found a way yet to produce a single piece of ceramic bezel insert with 2 colours... but I do hope there is a surprise...  ;D
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 10:44:35 AM »
Well if the rumours is true, the 4 line Submariner may one of the most short lived mode from Rolex. The sad part is we will likely see an increase in the prices of pre-loved 14060 and 14060M Submariner.

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 11:19:03 AM »
Well if the rumours is true, the 4 line Submariner may one of the most short lived mode from Rolex. The sad part is we will likely see an increase in the prices of pre-loved 14060 and 14060M Submariner.
Time for you to acquire one  :laugh:

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 02:12:14 PM »

Time for you to acquire one  :laugh:

ck77,

My love affair with the Submariner, either the 5513 or the 14060 (M), is like my love affair with the moon watch, it is from a far. Anyway, the skull watch is likely the last watch. Trying to bring the collection (Swiss and German) down to 18 pieces.

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 08:26:26 PM »
Would it be any yatchmaster replacement model like grey color ceramic bezel with new link?

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 08:42:04 PM »
Would it be any yatchmaster replacement model like grey color ceramic bezel with new link?
That would be most likely. The only models still using old style rattly bracelets albeit comfortable is yachtmaster and the 14060M
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 08:55:55 PM »

This mockup of the sub ND looks fantastic. Hope Rolex is paying attention.

:Cheers:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 09:24:26 PM »
Hmmm the mockup should have the updated wider case shape.
With how things are going now, all the sports model will have a starting price of over rm20k.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 09:28:47 PM »
Hmmm the mockup should have the updated wider case shape.
With how things are going now, all the sports model will have a starting price of over rm20k.

interesting but how would this "presumed" update would fit into the new line-up.

with the TOG being discontinued and maybe Milgauss as well (rumour has it, sales have not been actually stellar)..... there might also be a possibility what this would be discontinued too?
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 10:22:52 PM »

interesting but how would this "presumed" update would fit into the new line-up.

with the TOG being discontinued and maybe Milgauss as well (rumour has it, sales have not been actually stellar)..... there might also be a possibility what this would be discontinued too?

There will always be a place for the Submariner in the Rolex line up. There will always be a demand for the Submariner as there will be for the Submariner Date. If Rolex discontinues the Submariner, then there will no longer be a Submariner in the lineup. That will be a sad day indeed.

Offline sm

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 04:04:42 AM »
 :Confused:I agree with master takashi. All new rolex model prices will skyrocket. With the swissfranc at record high, owing the new rolex will be a challenge for Malaysian. Say they launch 3 new models(sports) range and all above RM25K, I think at most I can only afford one piece a year unless I sell my collection. Meaning that I may take until 2014 to complete the 2012 models!!
I agree with all of you that the new models will be louder, bolder and sexier. I am confident Rolex will a way of continuing to dominate the market.

Offline GlySinn

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 06:59:31 AM »
... the mockup should do away with the white gold lining/edge on the dial indices/markers. And...err faux patina luminova?  ;D
Actually it would be sweet to have a new luminova material that will age/patina over time too  ;D

but if rolex does this, then it might seem that they are joining a certain PAMily too? ;D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 07:02:38 AM by GlySinn »

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 07:35:04 AM »
Meanwhile... this pic has been floating around online for more than 3 years...

As much as we all want one, a bicolor ceramic bezel insert is the problem at the moment.
If Rolex construct a 2 piece design, would anyone still want it? Or rather would Rolex take a short cut?

Offline Friday

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 12:08:58 PM »
... the mockup should do away with the white gold lining/edge on the dial indices/markers. And...err faux patina luminova?  ;D
Actually it would be sweet to have a new luminova material that will age/patina over time too  ;D

but if rolex does this, then it might seem that they are joining a certain PAMily too? ;D

+1  :thumbsup: People are willing to spend way more for panerai just to get the 'history' feel of the brand eventough to me personally rolex outweight them in so many ways. Dont get me wrong i love my Zero  :-* The point is, why not go the same direction. Make more tribute like the new
explorer and priced it slightly more but pls dont make the size bigger. IMO rolex should always be 40-42 max
"Personally, I only know the Rolex quotes that you get from the net. And they're expensive!" - S.D

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 12:16:52 PM »

+1  :thumbsup: People are willing to spend way more for panerai just to get the 'history' feel of the brand eventough to me personally rolex outweight them in so many ways. Dont get me wrong i love my Zero  :-* The point is, why not go the same direction. Make more tribute like the new
explorer and priced it slightly more but pls dont make the size bigger. IMO rolex should always be 40-42 max

Agree. End of the day, it is still a Rolex that commands the price. As fro the size, I hope if they redo the Submariner, they make it bigger at 42 mm and retain the shape, like what they did with the new Explorer and not what they did with the GMT Master IIC, the lugs are thicker but makes the watch looks squat and fat.

Offline sm

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 02:14:27 PM »
I echo both master insofar as the branding of Rolex. Rolex is one of the top ten luxury goods brands in the world. Of course the highest valued brand is LV.
Rolex has a long history in watch making and almost completely dominates major lifestyle sporting events the likes of tennis grand slam and major golf open.

I am a newbie but Rolex watches never fail to impress me on craftsmanship, finishing, durability and most important comfort. I stand corrected.

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 06:43:32 PM »
I guess Rolex won't be revamping their line and start supersizing their watches.
Classic looks will prevail...
Minuscule improvements...
Better ergonomics...
WIN!!!
That's Rolex for you...

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 06:55:47 PM »
Rolex have always reiterated that they would not "reproduce" an old model

Offline dpkong

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 09:33:18 PM »
much as i like Rolex, i did not really like the new Explorer 2 at 42mm. neither do i really like the GMTs or Submariners (something about the moving bezels). i have no liking for the new Yatchmasters as well so that really only leaves me with the Daytona and Day-date range or maybe a nice TOG.

i will be curious what they present in Basel 2012, but with the price increases in Rolex, it is pushing me towards an AP ROO.

Offline joskovic

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 12:50:10 PM »
heard dat Rolex will increase the price soon as they oledi did with Tudor

Offline ivanswk

• Res ipsa loquitur :P
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 07:03:00 AM »
http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2012/03/breitling-chronomat-44-topgun.html

IWC show cased their new Top Gun watches at SIHH with a spectacular mock Navy Aircraft carrier as their backdrop. There's even been talk of the Rolex Sky-Dweller, another pilot?

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 09:35:10 AM »
http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2012/03/breitling-chronomat-44-topgun.html

IWC show cased their new Top Gun watches at SIHH with a spectacular mock Navy Aircraft carrier as their backdrop. There's even been talk of the Rolex Sky-Dweller, another pilot?

Perhaps Rolex will reissue the Space Dweller?

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 12:56:39 AM »
Unless someone walks on the moon again I doubt we would be seeing another space dweller. :laugh:

Much prefer a ROC to a ROO; much more sensible size and elegant offering.