Author Topic: service.... after sales!!! pls share yours.... gd & bad  (Read 15136 times)

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
Re: service.... after sales!!! pls share yours.... gd & bad
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2011, 06:34:36 PM »

2) Seiko Malaysia

I did not service the watch there but had bad experience with them.

Part 1- I wanted to pressure test my diving watch (please don ask me why I do so, because I just wanted to pressure test it) I called em up and ask the procedure. Instead I was asked by them "Why do you need to pressure test, If touch water nothing happen then everything is all right". Well i was like WTFked  :HammerHead: So I wend to their office and ask them to do pressure test. Again they were reluctant to do so for no apparent reason, they only do it when i insist on doing so.  :HammerHead: :HammerHead: :HammerHead: :HammerHead:

Part 2 - I wanted to again pressure test my monster watch so i go to the service center and ask them to do so. This time, they asked my why I want to pressure test, and asked me if the watch was working when placed under running tap water. I was like WTFed again. I told them I buy a diver watch not to be placed under tap water to test its water-resistant. And something to note too, they seems to have no idea how to operate the pressure tester as I can see them in teh workshop trying to figure how to use it......  :HammerHead: :HammerHead: :HammerHead: :HammerHead:

Seiko malaysia seriously sucks :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: I wish they will be get kicked out and appoint another agent in malaysia

Actually I can understand Seiko's point of view on this. Can you imagine if everyone with a Seiko comes in and ask for their watch to be pressure tested? They will be doing that day in day out and nothing else. Additionally the next issue would be how much to charge you? If they charge too much, the customer will complain. If they charge to little, it is not worth their time.

I am sure if you go to RSC or Omega service center or for that matter even your watch guy, the first they will ask is why? Why do you want to do it? The next question is if fail the test, how? Warranty claim? (if still within warranty period) or will you then send the watch in? Most likely answer is, no, I will take it else where.

The thing we have to appreciate it that we are WIS and they are not (well maybe some of them are and might just entertain you) but most of them are not. So, they cannot or will never appreciate the things we want done on our watches.

Btw, it is under warranty so I do not pay anything out of it, I jus wan to ensure the watch DOES able to handle 200meter.

Offline cd32815

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2011, 08:46:37 PM »
My experience with the "SWAT" grp 4 months ago.

Sent in my 18 months Blancpain 50 Fathoms DLC to complain about a "chunk" of DLC falling off the bezel and the diver, sailcloth strap was delaminating. They say must sent to Singapore for evaluation.

One month later, they called, saying it's not their fault and will not replace bezel and strap is also not covered under warranty (expected this reply). I asked whom from Singapore said this and requested a written reply.

There was no reply, so I wrote to Blancpain and their Customer Care Manager replied saying that the DLC material is "mostly aesthetical" and was not covered under warranty.

I then referred to their launch of this watch in Basel which they claimed the DLC is harder than Ceramics (which was why I got it). The Customer Care Manager realising his "misinformation" then agreed to replace both the bezel and strap.

Another month later, I got a call to collect the watch and the bezel was replaced but the strap was still delaminating. I then had to go over the communication I had with Blancpain with the people here to proof to them that Blancpain had agreed to replace the strap too, even though the emails from Blancpain were copied to them.

It took 4 months and I am still waiting.

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2011, 07:38:55 AM »
Just to update my seamaster full service done by Swat Grp 2 weeks ago, I must say they did a good job, and there are a list of items change during the service include the hrs, min and sec hand, + some bearing, and sealer. They puff away all the scratches and I personally spoke to Mr. Chong for the detail of the job that they have done. They return all the old parts to me. Good service  :thumbsup:

Here is the photo after I got it back, finally it is re-born

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline engkow

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2011, 08:32:11 AM »
True, they sub to other to repair are those 'chee pai kuat' they did to my regular watch repairman what they cannot repair.
That what my watch repairman told me.

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2011, 07:35:03 AM »
Dear Hobbit....your experience must be annoying to you....and i agree with...it is a good practice to take picture...maybe take picture of handing over the watch to them....need a good camera....yes, will keep that in mind

Interesting topic. Have to say many of us forget that we need to service our watches. Anyway, experiences?

Let's start with Bell & Ross. Sent in my pre-loved BR01-92 for a service as I noticed that it was fogging up. The seals were giving way as the watch was from the first batch of BR01. So the watch was about 6 years old. Service is due. After a month, got the watch back and notice that there was a scratch on the dial where the screw to attach the dial to the movement was. Told them about it. They had a look and said ok, they will check. Took them about a month to get back to me as the only executive they had was busy with Basel.

They told me that they did not scratch the dial and I did it. Ok, I told them I did not. They told me to prove to them that I did not do it. I ask them if they had proof they did not do it and their reply was that they are the service center and do not scratch the dial. OK, I told them I will send them photos of the watch I took before I sent the watch in. Sent them the photos and it took them another month to tell me, ok, perhaps they did scratch the dial. It will take them another month to replace the dial.

The sad thing is, I have 2 B&R and I dread the day I have to send the watches back in for a service. I guess I will have to take photos of the watches before I send them in, just in case.

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2011, 08:00:40 AM »
big brand screw up on CS....small brand also....its not the brand...it is the people the brand hire to work for them....that what screw them up....pity......i had experience hiring the wrong kind of people for CS and oh my....what a mess...

btw - bit share of my story....this was the day when i dont know about panerai, rolex and those big name....

1 - When i was 16 , i have a year old G-Shock, cant remember whether that still under warranty or not. Now, despite G claims of its strength, certain part of it perhaps did not meet the expectation. One of the button fall off... a week later another button failed me... apparently there is a pillar that attached the button to the body and that give a way after a month.So i went to a shop selling G, send it for replacement.i was 16 and i guess i dont really know what to with it...it was quite for a very long time...2 months I called and it was ready in the shop for quite a while...they dont know how to contact me despite my house phone number written on the receipt....sigh...so i took back the watch...i think i paid for it but cant recall how much...a few months later that thing "patah" again.....but by then i am already back at boarding school so cant send it for repair....not long after, someone stole the watch from me....but being 16 i guess i cant be fussy about the experience...hahaha....if that happened today....sure hentam the kedai kaw kaw....

2 - early 20, start loving watches...not enough money...dont know about MWF and not much knowledge...so bought what i taught like a cool watch...Guess Watch....2 years later, the chrono function go crazy...went to quite a well known shop selling Seiko, Guess , Tissot etc in MidValley Ground Floor. I bought several watches before with them and naturally i taught they could help. Send it, they took it and a few days later they say there is nothing they can do about it...frustrated....i took it back...a week later, i went to their branch in another shopping mall...I dont know why , just trying my luck i told them about my watch...he took it, a day later he called and said it is done....pay about 50 i think ...weird huh...same shop different location different service....like i said it down to who they employed

3 - Invicta is notorious with bad CS...nonetheless i bought a few. Whilst I am happy with the quality thus far, but one of my invicta, had a small tiny screw on the rubber strap unscrew over period of time and fell on the road....so there you go a small screwless hole on the rubber strap....hate it...i emailed invicta even saying i dont mind paying....guess what...the email goes back and forth, directed here and there and end up everything vanished in the air....one person send me to another till the last person who never replied ....funny thing, along the process they send me part number, etc etc....but when i asked how much should i pay they go quite......wah funny la this american.....

my experience, may not about big brand but just to share, shit like this happened....Not to say we should be accustomed with it...it is bad...it is not only us malaysian, also other people from other country could come up with bad CS....but there is also stories of super good CS...i had a few but by now, i think i have wrote too much...no need to share further lor.....huhuhu....Just saying...CS it is up or down to the personnel....not really the brand....maybe the boss dont even know they hired some A**h*** ....hahhahaha