Author Topic: Watch=good investment?  (Read 15263 times)

Offline zameenzahari

Re: Watch=good investment?
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 03:06:58 PM »
Good watch=good investment for profesional appearance/career (IMO)

My CEO saw me with a PAM during meeting once and he said "I think we have overpaid you..."

Nowadays I go to our management meetings with either my Indy Tag or Baume..never my PAM

Offline sshark

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 03:12:55 PM »
Why bosses or CEO alwiz think overpay? It is a good sign that an average salaried employee can afford a PAM or Rolex. It shows that the company is doing very well. They should give more bonuses.

Btw, I am in no circumstances undermining ameenzahari  as an average salaried employee. :)

Offline peanut

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 03:23:42 PM »

My CEO saw me with a PAM during meeting once and he said "I think we have overpaid you..."

Nowadays I go to our management meetings with either my Indy Tag or Baume..never my PAM

For this question ... my answer always:  *pretend to be embarassed* and say "Sorry lah sir, this one is a Super AAA Grade I got from Petaling street!"  ;D

Disclaimer: I am not endorsing and buying fakes!

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 03:45:17 PM »
 :Laughing_on_floor:. I would have said that the watch is my 6 months salary. The worst is to say that it is a cheap watch.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline peanut

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2011, 03:53:27 PM »
Another moral of the above story is that dont buy the "famous" and easily recognized brands such as Panerai, Patek, Omega and Rolex.  ;D
If your CEO recognizes your AP or Lange, chances are that he/she also appreciate good watches and may not make the comment of over paying you! 

Offline zameenzahari

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 04:18:07 PM »
Another moral of the above story is that dont buy the "famous" and easily recognized brands such as Panerai, Patek, Omega and Rolex.  ;D
If your CEO recognizes your AP or Lange, chances are that he/she also appreciate good watches and may not make the comment of over paying you! 

Better still, get an Urwerk..most people Would think it's Ben10's omnitrix..

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 08:58:35 AM »
depend on who r u working for... n what industry u r in...

a nowaday called financial planner and MLM member will need to show off to attract his follower....
so a bling bling rolek is good for them....

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 09:54:56 AM »
Why bosses or CEO alwiz think overpay? It is a good sign that an average salaried employee can afford a PAM or Rolex. It shows that the company is doing very well. They should give more bonuses.

Btw, I am in no circumstances undermining ameenzahari  as an average salaried employee. :)

owning a PAM cant be an average salary earner....
dude any vacancy for me ?

Offline wslee

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 07:13:15 PM »
Most of my friends,they arent interested about watch.So as long as there is watch to tell the time,they are fine. Im lucky to have good friends who are into watch.Our target to is get our dream watch(IWC & PAM)

Offline xnizarx

• Freshie
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 09:58:19 AM »
good investment?nope... ;D

choose one
-amanah saham wawasan
-ASB
-Tabung Haji
-gold

better...for sure :Praying:

Offline Cloud7

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2011, 07:45:29 PM »
Sold more than 50 watches thus far only lost $$ on 2 occasions.Trick is,do your homework and only buy them used.It can be profitable

I think every1 in this forum also must salute u!!!

But a real collector or watch lover dun sell their collection!!!

So better think y u buy a watch
1. U like the design, u want to wear it
2. u want to keep it bcoz u r a collector n u jus can't sleep without watch
3. U want to make money for the watch u buy, pure investment
4. Mix of above

when u r clear then only u do ur study... Y?

Collector will only buy mint n fullset watches if possible
investor will buy when he think the selling price is below Market
wearer will buy as long as design suit his style n status mayb

yes, I agree... so I guess I'll never be an investor...  ;)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2011, 07:35:39 AM »

not quite... I remember the nerd... Oops... Is dr Bernard said, Singapore taxi driver
normally Like to wear rolex n pams nowadays...

If our pm high income nation plan successful
then mayb cleaner also wear deepsea... Maid wear frank muller!

Offline sshark

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2011, 10:34:39 AM »

Then let's define what is the average salary, not nation average salary but among ur peers. Then we will know if an average salary employee can afford a PAM :)
I give it rm8000 with a rm200k house loan and a rm50k car, base PAM should be affordable after 3 months of saving and discipline (no clubbing and other ventures).

Offline sshark

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2011, 10:35:46 AM »

not quite... I remember the nerd... Oops... Is dr Bernard said, Singapore taxi driver
normally Like to wear rolex n pams nowadays...

If our pm high income nation plan successful
then mayb cleaner also wear deepsea... Maid wear frank muller!

our pm plan only for the rich to become richer not the average and poor

Offline cuoreboy

• Freshie
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2011, 10:33:50 AM »

Some of the bosses jealous that his employee things better than him have this kind of ppl

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2011, 11:06:51 AM »
Then let's define what is the average salary, not nation average salary but among ur peers. Then we will know if an average salary employee can afford a PAM :)
I give it rm8000 with a rm200k house loan and a rm50k car, base PAM should be affordable after 3 months of saving and discipline (no clubbing and other ventures).

what if he's earning slightly less than average, but does not need to finance a house nor a car...can he afford a brand new Sub or Millie?

Offline Ryen

• Freshie
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2011, 12:11:22 PM »
Not a very good investment in compare to other...
but so far Rolex is a good watch to be own.

My uncle Rolex keep for 20 years..
now still can sell for rm2600...
if he sell this on '70..
That only cost rm350...

Offline sshark

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2011, 12:18:55 PM »

what if he's earning slightly less than average, but does not need to finance a house nor a car...can he afford a brand new Sub or Millie?

Even with rm6k salary he can provided he wants to blow all his saving on a sub. I probably won't do tat.