Author Topic: Ingersoll  (Read 14556 times)

Offline G.MAC

Ingersoll
« on: October 31, 2010, 07:56:47 PM »
Just want to ask about Ingersoll. Anyone familiar with the brand? How would you rate the built quality? any problems with it thus far? what about the water resistance? am interested to try to purchase a tourbillon model but the watch felt too light and the winding of the movement is a little loose when i handle it. Is it normal to expect that from the watch? Thanks for any information.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline DixonLoo

• My 1st Rollie ~ Rolex Submariner Ceramic
Re: Ingersoll
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 09:45:50 PM »
what is the tourbillon model you wanted to buy ? how much is it ah ?

me too plan to get 1, but dunno how the built quality , it certain feel very light though.
Proud Owner of " Rolex Submariner "

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 08:01:35 AM »
hi dixxon, the one i was interested in getting is the IN3101RBK Amigo model. Agree the watch feels too light. Also i am not too confident with the movement. the watch retailed at RM1290. Havent fully negotiated for discounted price.

Offline Cloud7

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 12:46:07 PM »
is that a real tourbillon... or just open heart?

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 01:52:49 PM »
honestly i am not too sure about that. since it looks like a tourbillon, i just assume it is one. but judging from that price i highly doubt that it is a tourbillon.

Offline maximillian

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 06:22:16 PM »
hey there..ingersoll is just an OK brand..but pricey for a chinese mechanical watch..the one youre looking for is an open heart..chinese tourbillons will run about rm3k with a sterile dial on it i think..but for the money,id go for a tissot..good pricing,value for money and quite ok resale value/quite desirable for ppl,if needed to be flipped :P
musdus vult decipi ergo decipiatur.veritatem dies aperit.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 05:55:56 AM »
I see. thanks for the feedback MS.

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 11:56:41 AM »
Dude

a) I am quite sure it is just an open heart - Looking at the price, it cant be a real functioning tourbillion

b) Design wise, i would say they are very impressive...Suit their tagline German Design

c) Open secrect , they use Chinese movement. So really up to u...people like me...I am ok with at...but some people dont like that...

d) I would personally prefer an Invicta watch. I think they are more reliable at the same price

e) Best to get it from internet. If you buy from local shop, i am sure you pay more

f) But then again, i was at Sg Wang last week...saw one shop selling it at first floor...not bad lor..the price and the sales girl too...really cute...hehehhe

g) I have almost several time wanted to get one ingersoll....but similar like you ...i found some of the model i like rather to light to me believe...heheh

i) It is a reasonable watch....great design....at same price u get better quality in seiko...but really great design...u wont get that with seiko, citizen, alba...etc....

my 2 cents

Offline besview

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 12:12:02 PM »
Don't Ingersoll sell tractors and such?Under the brand name Ingersoll Rand?

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 02:43:11 PM »
what Megat @ MS ;) said about Ingersoll is correct. Yes, a bit pricey for Chinese movement

Tissot may be a good alternative, but for Ingersoll money you get pretty basic swiss movement, and not so handsome design. Since you have interest with Ingersoll, i am assuming you like handsome looking design..Something different , unique and cool...I dont think tissot could offer you anything with Ingersoll price...and probably you could only get a quartz tissot at that price...(for me personally i like tissot, but doubt i would get one....design wise, too small for my big wrist)

In my opinion, if your budget rather limited to that only  (unless you willing to spend more in which I am sure you can ) I would say you need to prioritize your need

a) If your priority is on great movement , plus some quite good looking watch - Go for Seiko especially the diver series...Go for the collectible...That will give you much satisfaction

b) You want acceptable movement with great looking design...Ingersoll a good choice, the other one i would say Invicta...yes both lack the swiss prestige... but i guess really it depend on what you like... i know a few other internet brand that i be happy to recommend. Homage also a good choice but lack of originality....

c) You want the swiss made marking - that price, i think you are almost only limited to Tissot...but no,not really...Ok the following statement , i could be wrong...But i come accross with this brand a while ago...Golana..from Swiss...i do  not whether they are for real...and i know noboby who own it...but i like the design..and so far the one i like come with swiss made so i am convinces, it is made in swiss...hahaha.....

d) You want super accurate - come on , at that price the super accurate automatic movement is almost non existent...i think seiko is your best bet...otherwise join me...i dont mind quartz and digital...which i would say impressively accurate at fraction of cost...heheheh...Plus you get the super duper function like you found in protrek, or g-shock ...hehehhe

I think in that essence, my interest on watches rather focus on "syok sendiri"....hehehehhe

final advice...if you really want the ingersoll, and you think you can enjoy it more than others....go for it...same like my invicta...nobody look , ask or care about it...but i love it...my fav....that is the joy of watch collecting to me...loving what i owned...and i also believe buying watches require chemistry and best to go for love at first sight...for example i like many seiko but found it hard for me to buy one of those as i dont feel the connection...Once i almost bought a watch with different dial color than i want due to unavailability....but in the end i refuse and i am glad...i take pride owning watches that i have chemistry and i can tell you all watches from my small collection, there are long stories behind one and every each of it....

opsss....sorry - i think i over do this....

Offline maximillian

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 05:49:19 PM »
nah ingersoll and ingersoll rand are two diff companies i think..so just a coincidence hehe but i guess its a better maketing name than ball or junkers..one is a tad obscene and the other just suggests the nature of the watch (lol no pun intended :Laughing_on_floor:) anyway u could look for tissot's visodate or their le locle models..pretty classy and nice as well.hamilton also sell dress watches,powered by the swiss eta 2824 and is about 1.4-1.5k or so on leather strap.imho at this range,you should be expecting sapphire on a dress watch (ISO divers from seiko should be notably exempted because of hardlex's functional properties) .a similar watch with almost similar design is from the seiko premier line..not too sure whether its equipped with sapphire or hardlex,but movt is kinetic.if youre ok with a 'beta' movement (because there are quite a number of issues raised with the kinetic movt) then just pull the trigger..but if u want to save up your pennies and get a more decorated swiss movt on a swiss watch epos has a gud range of dress watches with interesting design ;D

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 06:26:08 AM »
yeah...i love EPOS...awesome piece...

Offline adrian

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2010, 01:48:25 PM »
Is Ingersoll German? I tot they were American?

Offline maximillian

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2010, 06:20:12 PM »
i think theyre american..but to what extent thats true i dunnoe  :Dancing_banana:

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 05:47:51 PM »
Hi everyone im a new member. By the way, Ingersoll was an american company but it went bankrupt. Now it is owned by a chinese company. :)
Seiko fan.....

Offline STT1987

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 10:08:16 AM »
What I know all comes from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingersoll_Watch_Company

An interesting thing is, I believe they were the first official licensees of the Mickey Mouse Watch and had a huge success in the 1930's. That's what I remembered from a Disney documentary.

It's essentially a Chinese brand, owned by a British subsidiary, with an American name. That's globalism for you...  ::) :P :-X :-\ ;D
“Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
This video will prepare you for internet life.