Author Topic: What part/design (dial, hands,crown and etc) is crucial when getting a watch?  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Nickmax

Just out of curiosity, I wish to know among the MWF members: Putting movement/history/story of a watch and focus purely on the design/appearance of a watch, which part/design is crucial for you that makes you want to buy a watch?

As for me, the hands plays an important role for my selection of watch. It has to be "unique" enough like Tudor pelagos or IWC pilot watches (leave shaped) or Omega railmaster arrow-shaped hand or Ulysse Nardin Marine Chronometer hands (hopefully, we the examples I gave, you can catch my drift :p)

Offline Everdying

overall design, ie. how wearable it is / lug to lug length.
no real point in nitpicking every design...everything sure got cons :P

Offline Jedirat

I have no special preference on a specific part/design of a watch when I am making decision to buy it. Overall, it will depends on the overall design of the watch and the function (sport, dress, choro, etc) of it that make the final call in my decision. Of course, price is important as well...some watches are beyond my reach despite fall in love in first sight.. :laugh: