Author Topic: Ball 125th anniversary watch  (Read 14500 times)

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
Re: Ball 125th anniversary watch
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2016, 11:57:43 AM »
Just curious. If order made to Ball (outside Malaysia) why they charge GST. I thought overseas purchase not need pay GST? only if custom checked ur package right? If purchase made from Ball MY then charge should be made in MYR right.?

I did ordered some auto part from UK last few months ago, the seller didnt even charge me UK GST or Malaysia GST.
You are consuming the goods here, thus GST is charged.
You are lucky if your goods passed thruogh custom without GST.

Offline yusszzxx

• Freshie
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2016, 12:12:28 PM »
Just curious. If order made to Ball (outside Malaysia) why they charge GST. I thought overseas purchase not need pay GST? only if custom checked ur package right? If purchase made from Ball MY then charge should be made in MYR right.?

I did ordered some auto part from UK last few months ago, the seller didnt even charge me UK GST or Malaysia GST.

Yes. Wonder they are GST registered with MY custom.
Those who ordered in CHF and charge 8% tax (Swiss GST) then delivered to MY might be imposed MY GST ?

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2016, 12:20:05 PM »

Yes. Wonder they are GST registered with MY custom.
Those who ordered in CHF and charge 8% tax (Swiss GST) then delivered to MY might be imposed MY GST ?
Yes, unless the goods is non-rated or zero rated item.

Offline yusszzxx

• Freshie
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2016, 01:12:33 PM »
I see.. got it thanks.. Any member who bought to share their experience her?

Offline keanewoon

Ball 125th anniversary watch
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2016, 02:35:21 PM »
I guess they charge gst and paper works for the gst submission will be done by Ball Malaysia. Just like you buy things from lazada that is shipped from overseas. You wont get charged with gst as the gst already factored in into the price and lazada will do the necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline smackzeen

• Freshie
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2016, 03:19:51 PM »
if it comes in complete box there will be gst charge at the airport

Offline yusszzxx

• Freshie
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2016, 10:02:40 PM »
So no AD got this here in kl? Must order online? Cheaper if get it from store ? If buy online the currency will follow bank rate which is higher.

Offline nikfs1881

• "Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend."
Ball 125th anniversary watch
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2016, 12:53:38 AM »
So no AD got this here in kl? Must order online? Cheaper if get it from store ? If buy online the currency will follow bank rate which is higher.

the bank rate is the least of your concern....buying from AD would means buying at usd15xx minus whatever discount you could get....ordering from ball means buying at usd9xx and you get to personalise the watch....

But in your case, it would be too late to order from Ball directly.... The last day was 31 dec....i assumed you havent ordered online since you asked this question... Hence, AD would be your only option....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 02:18:38 AM by nikfs1881 »
Rolex Sea-dwellerC|Breitling Seawolf Blacksteel LE|Tag heuer Grand Carrera|Chopard Monaco Historique Time Attack|Baume et Mercier Capeland|Tudor Grantour|Omega Seamaster|Oris Artix Complication|Rolex 6694|Tag Heuer Link|Oris William F1|Tag Heuer 2000|Tissot T-Race LE|Rado D-Star 200 |Sistem51|Longines Hydroconquest Chrono|Seiko SRP577|Seiko SBDC003|Steinhart GMT Pepsi & Nav B44| Nomos Tangente 38

Offline engkow

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2016, 05:47:03 AM »
My friend order yesterday Ball Malaysia, bank in and said today last day to order paid by today.
Price fixed at RM 3905.04
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 05:48:49 AM by engkow »

Offline yusszzxx

• Freshie
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2016, 07:18:46 AM »
My friend order yesterday Ball Malaysia, bank in and said today last day to order paid by today.
Price fixed at RM 3905.04

Ball Malaysia in Stan Chart building right? I thought its only their service center there. Will make a quick call to them, Thanks.

Offline engkow

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2016, 02:16:43 PM »
Bought two on behalf for two of my friend on 29th Dec 2015 at Ball Malaysia with
another friend that day we bought three.
Receipt stated April for collection at their office, they call us when watch come.

Offline ape12

• Freshie
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2016, 09:15:45 AM »
Who has received his ball's 125 anniversary watch? Until now no call from the AD yet...

Offline engkow

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2016, 01:02:26 PM »
Call Ball Miss Wong, last week she said those who order first already sent out. Mine order last week of the month it will be late hopefully
by end April or May

Offline ape12

• Freshie
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2016, 07:16:46 AM »
Thanks for your info. You call Ball's HQ?

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2016, 03:39:53 PM »
From my personal experience, all communication was vide e-mail. I was informed to be ready to pick up the watch at Ball SC a week or two back, pending custom clearance. Now that the Malaysian custom was cleared, I was asked to bring the e-mail confirmation from Ball Swiss and a copy of my NRIC to pick up my piece at the SC. Will do so tomorrow and will share pics after I get mine, which would be 43-blue-steel. At today's 3.9 rate, looks like we pre-orderers struck quite a bargain as the up-coming retail price at USD1,550 + 6% GST = RM6,408 compared to the pre-order price of circa RM4k. Note that the SC will be closed on 2/5/2016.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 03:49:09 PM by D'Andy »
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline D'Andy

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2016, 10:22:40 AM »
Wow, quite a queue here at Ball! The services were good enough as they sized the bracelet for each pre-order very carefully. A quick chat indicated that the most popular customised order received for MY was 43-Blue-Bracelet. Most owners ordered with personalised engraving, and the quality of the engraving from its Swiss plant was simply top-notch. I have had a couple of Ball(s) but the service from SC this time around sure beats the buying experiences from ADs.
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Offline engkow

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2016, 12:41:41 PM »
Today got my two Genesis queue no 3+4 wait about 45 minutes adjustment the bracelet

Offline ape12

• Freshie
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2016, 02:50:02 PM »
I called Ball but still no status yet for my order. can check when u all made your order? I remembered i ordered in December 2015.

Offline engkow

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2016, 03:09:35 PM »
I ORDER 29 DEC 2015 MY FRIEND AND I, I ORDER 2 MY FRIEND ORDER ONE, MY FRIEND ONE STILL AT CUSTOM.
WILL READY BY NEXT WEEK, BALL HQ SWISS SENT BATCH BY BATCH THAT WHAT I GOT ANSWER FROM BALL MS WONG.

Offline ape12

• Freshie
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2016, 03:33:11 PM »
Thanks. My friend ordered on 28/12 also not receive his watch yet...

Offline D'Andy

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2016, 06:34:06 PM »
Here it is, real-world pictures of the Genesis and it was well-worth it's pre-order price. 1mm thick micro gas tubes, butterfly clasps, and those huge numerals on the dial were bound to attract wrist presence, especially so in the dark!

More pictures and a simple review @ http://andywristwatches.blogspot.my/2016/04/exclusive-ball-engineer-ii-genesis.html.

Offline Spider boy

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2016, 08:17:15 AM »
Here it is, real-world pictures of the Genesis and it was well-worth it's pre-order price. 1mm thick micro gas tubes, butterfly clasps, and those huge numerals on the dial were bound to attract wrist presence, especially so in the dark! "

Hey ! thanks for showing real pictures and the review at your site ! was really hoping to see the real watch months ago !  =)  nice watch !

Offline ape12

• Freshie
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2016, 10:22:12 AM »
Here it is, real-world pictures of the Genesis and it was well-worth it's pre-order price. 1mm thick micro gas tubes, butterfly clasps, and those huge numerals on the dial were bound to attract wrist presence, especially so in the dark!

More pictures and a simple review @ http://andywristwatches.blogspot.my/2016/04/exclusive-ball-engineer-ii-genesis.html.

Thanks for your interesting reviews,Dato'! Keep my finger crossed for my babe to reach here...

Offline D'Andy

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2016, 09:05:55 PM »
Hey ! thanks for showing real pictures and the review at your site ! was really hoping to see the real watch months ago !  =)  nice watch !

Thanks for your interesting reviews,Dato'! Keep my finger crossed for my babe to reach here...

Hi SpiderBoy and Ape, most welcomed and glad that you guys liked the pics and review. I'm pretty sure that you would take a liking at your Genesis when it gets delivered. At the back of my mind, I had a niggling thought if 40mm might be a better choice but after trying the Engineer ii 40mm and 42mm at MV today, I dare say that the 43mm Genesis was a good size for today's times  :thumbsup:

Offline Calvin002

• Freshie
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2016, 02:24:12 PM »
The BALL singapore limited edition look cool quite alright.