Author Topic: Planning to get my first rolex  (Read 14248 times)

Offline nikfs1881

• "Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend."
Re: Planning to get my first rolex
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2016, 05:29:27 AM »

I guess it's just down to luck that a particular model you bought 20 years ago now fetches a high price. You wouldn't have known at that time you bought it.  It doesn't happen for every 20 year old model. 

However, buyers of current models will not be so lucky cause I doubt any current models of rolex now will escalate tremendously in price in 20 years (except due to normal inflation) because any rolex models now are produced a dime a dozen.  Even for the short run (and hence limited numbers in the wild) Day Date 2 (41mm), would you dare say it's surely a high priced item in 20 years?

A Year 1980 Rolex in Year 2010 (30 years old) is different from a Year 2010 Rolex in Year 2040 (also 30 years old).  Unless WW3 happens and a majority of Rolexes get wiped off the face of the earth, then it will be different  :Laughing_on_floor:

In the word of the Great Joker: Why so serious?

True WIS don't view watches as hedging/investment instruments anyway...if it does appreciate in value, then great! If not, who cares - just staring at the collection gives the WIS an orgasm already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rolex Sea-dwellerC|Breitling Seawolf Blacksteel LE|Tag heuer Grand Carrera|Chopard Monaco Historique Time Attack|Baume et Mercier Capeland|Tudor Grantour|Omega Seamaster|Oris Artix Complication|Rolex 6694|Tag Heuer Link|Oris William F1|Tag Heuer 2000|Tissot T-Race LE|Rado D-Star 200 |Sistem51|Longines Hydroconquest Chrono|Seiko SRP577|Seiko SBDC003|Steinhart GMT Pepsi & Nav B44| Nomos Tangente 38

Offline Jedirat

« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2016, 08:19:36 AM »

I guess it's just down to luck that a particular model you bought 20 years ago now fetches a high price. You wouldn't have known at that time you bought it.  It doesn't happen for every 20 year old model. 

However, buyers of current models will not be so lucky cause I doubt any current models of rolex now will escalate tremendously in price in 20 years (except due to normal inflation) because any rolex models now are produced a dime a dozen.  Even for the short run (and hence limited numbers in the wild) Day Date 2 (41mm), would you dare say it's surely a high priced item in 20 years?

A Year 1980 Rolex in Year 2010 (30 years old) is different from a Year 2010 Rolex in Year 2040 (also 30 years old).  Unless WW3 happens and a majority of Rolexes get wiped off the face of the earth, then it will be different  :Laughing_on_floor:

In the word of the Great Joker: Why so serious?

True WIS don't view watches as hedging/investment instruments anyway...if it does appreciate in value, then great! If not, who cares - just staring at the collection gives the WIS an orgasm already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said, bro. I have more than 10 pieces but I viewed them as my collection and so far no intention to sell them. I wear all of them on rotation basis and investment instrument never appear in my mind ever. Dare not to say I am a die hard WIS but appreciate each piece of watches that I have.

Offline hotshothunk

• Freshie
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2016, 03:19:22 PM »
The hulk is pretty amasing. try getting a used watch in good condition

Offline Jedirat

« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2016, 03:58:25 PM »
The hulk is pretty amasing. try getting a used watch in good condition

I have one. Change the original steel strap to a Rubber B strap. Love it.

Offline akykmy

• Freshie
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2016, 11:34:12 AM »
i had a former colleague who had a hulk and at that time is was a bit "meh" for me in terms of colour... but it has grown on me and i must say that it is now imo on of the nicest sub models

Offline herng0326

• Freshie
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2016, 10:40:49 AM »
RM35k is a good deal. They quoted me RM35.5k